The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear Cargo Shelf Options

gtank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone come across great cargo shelf options that sit at the window line of the trunk? I’m looking for something that will act as both a cargo shelf and good way to hide what’s in the trunk.

Diabolical has a shelf option, but it looks like it sits higher than the window line. Either a fixed or slide out shelf, sitting at the window line or slightly below that connects via the four trunk mounting hooks would be amazing.

Any ideas from the community?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
That shelf looks very similar to the one that Buzz Overland produce, but that won’t be any help to you either.

I remember that a member here had made there own and posted pics of it but that was around Aug/Sept last year, god only knows what thread it was on as well.

I seem to remember they had used a stretchy material, a sort of cargo net type scenario.

Not sure if I am right but @Jean Mercier might have been the culprit tbh 👍

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
That shelf looks very similar to the one that Buzz Overland produce, but that won’t be any help to you either.

I remember that a member here had made there own and posted pics of it but that was around Aug/Sept last year, god only knows what thread it was on as well.

I seem to remember they had used a stretchy material, a sort of cargo net type scenario.

Yes, your memory works quite well, it was me:
But it was already May 14, 10 days after getting my car ;)

Not the most beautiful solution, but I still use it.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Looks like I am not going daft after all then 😂

It just came to me in a moment of clarity !!

I still don’t know of any company doing a commercial available product though. Looking at the JLR current version on a defender, I am sure something could be repurposed quite easily though.

gtank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I saw the DIY work that @Jean Mercier cleverly put together. I was thinking a W463/G500 trunk screen could be retrofitted, but thought this would be a solution that would add both storage and privacy.

Other option would just be buying a drawer unit and using that to store stuff that needs to be hidden.

gtank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I just looked at the Buzz option. It looks like it’s adjustable up to 75mm. That may be the winner here.

Back
Top Bottom