The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Land Rover Monthly (UK) September 2023 - Grenadier 'Real World' tested

I am a little bit behind on reading my magazines, (people make me work). Another article in LRM, featuring a green, petrol Fieldmaster.

Attachments

• LRM Sept23 no311.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 209

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. 👏

Only 6 reactions from 31 views... 😔

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So Ineos is going to fix the wiper blind spot. That sounds like quite a deal engineering wise.

And mention of a recall on the anti roll bars (front and rear?) - "they can get a bit upset at full suspension articulation" - that's the first I've seen on this.

Interesting to note the largely positive responses from crowds at a land rover event.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
This is one of the better reviews I read in the last month. Finally some real users/enthusiast/pro's that value the Grenadier for what he really is and for what he is build for. The pity or sorry for that he's not build by JLR, well they had there change, but they didn't... And I am happy they didn't.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
And mention of a recall on the anti roll bars (front and rear?) - "they can get a bit upset at full suspension articulation" - that's the first I've seen on this.
With the Range Rover Classic and D1 I always installed uprated springs and removed the sway bars. I’ve not seen a Gren long enough to evaluate the suspension, but wonder how it would handle without the anti roll bars? It does appear quite stiff in the articulation department.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
I am a little bit behind on reading my magazines, (people make me work). Another article in LRM, featuring a green, petrol Fieldmaster.
Hi Jeremy996, Thanks for posting the review article. I also thought it was very balanced review.
I must admit I feel a bit bad for JLR. It's like some else got their girl friend and I am not sure they will ever get over it. DaBull

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
Hi Jeremy996, Thanks for posting the review article. I also thought it was very balanced review.
I must admit I feel a bit bad for JLR. It's like some else got their girl friend and I am not sure they will ever get over it. DaBull
You mean Jesse girl?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty balanced reviews to be fair. i‘m now in my 6th month of ownership and the steering is second nature, the footrest is comfortable for my 6’4 frame and the window wiper sweep is no worse that a GWagon or 90/110.. Fair play to the LRM lads.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty good review in my opinion; no comparisons with “new” Defender, so the penny’s finally dropped that they’re not competing with each other.

Mind you, on two occasions now I’ve been complemented on my “really tidy Land Rover”. Once their families settle, I’ll tell them where their husbands are….

I drive Plant for a living, so small steering wheels and two way steering are the norm for me, so no issues there.
Likewise the raised footwell “issue”. I’m 6’2” and drove down from Cumbria to Somerset in one hit (apart from a quick pee stop) and didn’t notice any discomfort; like the article mentioned; no different from an old Defender.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. That’s tomorrows ‘important meeting’ sorted…… hold my calls!! 😉

Reactions: PBD
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for sharing! It's great to read positive feedback from experts in the field of LR :) The biggest concerns seem to be left footwell and price. Luckily I live in a RHD, for the latter....you should decide as early as possible for the purchase, as the prices increase for the 2024 models!

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom