The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Life with an Ineos

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Totally agree. We now use ours for sleeping bag outer covers on cold nights. I’ve posted a picture back in sept/oct to that effect. I’m now with Melville and Moon covers and very good quality
I can second M&M, great quality and fit. Love all the extra storage.

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
What skid plates did you get ?

The engine and the center one for now.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score

How bad was the shipping?

Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score

Looks great!

Just a head's up (and maybe you already know) - aluminum doesn't slide on rock the way that steel does. It can grab - especially if the rock is sharp - and you can get a little hung up. I'm not criticizing the choice to go with aluminum - I have aluminum skids from front to rear under my truck (front skid plate, engine, tranny, transfer case, gas tank) - and I am happy with the choice. I didn't want to use valuable payload on a set of steel skids, and my truck is not a hardcore rock crawler. Occasionally I wish I had steel under the truck, but 99.9% of the time I'm happy I went with aluminum. On my old Jeep, I'm glad I chose steel.

Last edited:

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
Looks great!

Just a head's up (and maybe you already know) - aluminum doesn't slide on rock the way that steel does. It can grab - especially if the rock is sharp - and you can get a little hung up. I'm not criticizing the choice to go with aluminum - I have aluminum skids from front to rear under my truck (front skid plate, engine, tranny, transfer case, gas tank) - and I am happy with the choice. I didn't want to use valuable payload on a set of steel skids, and my truck is not a hardcore rock crawler. Occasionally I wish I had steel under the truck, but 99.9% of the time I'm happy I went with aluminum. On my old Jeep, I'm glad I chose steel.

This product is sold out...

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great!

I am well aware of these characteristics. The weight was a significant part of this decision,and also availability. If I see myself really abusing these skid plates, they will get a UHMW add-on layer.
They are at the powder coat shop now. I think I'm going to get all crazy and do them in flat black.

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And a couple more notes.

Still no replacement windshield.

The hitch install party date has been announced.

Really hoping the software updates show up soon.

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a check engine light - P0461. Fuel level sensor. Has anyone else seen this?

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
P0461. Fuel level sensor. Has anyone else seen this? Not alone it appears.Screenshot_20240214-141049.png

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Clear and move on. Dealer says it's a software bug.
Yeah, I still have to get to a dealer to do so, I believe. Seems none of the generic stuff will clear codes yet. Unless someone else has found otherwise. If so I would love to know.

Back
Top Bottom