The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Life with an Ineos

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Table rattle is simply a bad install. This one I can handle.
Table fixed. There were actually two issues. The three bottom mounting screws were loose, and the rubber bumpers that the actual table closed against did not protrude far enough. So I spaced them out with some washers, and now the Grenny is stealthy.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Table fixed. There were actually two issues. The three bottom mounting screws were loose, and the rubber bumpers that the actual table closed against did not protrude far enough. So I spaced them out with some washers, and now the Grenny is stealthy.

Nice. Thanks for posting. I started collecting issues and fixes from our forum so that I know what to do when I get my vehicle.

Chris Maynard

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Sela Green - I'm very sorry for the installation on that table. Please never hesitate to call me and I'll get someone on the problem right away! Let me know what else we can do for you!

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is a short, funny story from last night. I jump in the Grenny, leave work, and head for a Chinese restaurant where a phone in order awaits me. It is dark out, and I'm running late enough the take-out place has already called my wife to ensure I will show up. As I set out, I heard a strange new noise. An Intermittent motor or some actuator coming on and off. I keep going at this point, not to make anybody wait any longer, gather the lukewarm Chinese food, and head out again. By this point, curiosity has gotten the better of me. I am sure that other drivers are questioning the slow and erratic green foreign-looking SUV with me inside, trying to locate this new noise. Now I pull over, shut down the car, and open the door to shut it down, do a walk around, but nothing looks out of place. Of course, at this point, my mind is going to the worst scenario: what in this new vehicle is coming apart, or has it just developed its own mind? Whatever the case is, it's definitely not a confidence builder at this point. Off we go again, and there it is again, some well-timed motor trying to escape from the rear of the Grenny. This time, I pull over, leaving it running, and jump out to start my investigation. Back seats first and then head to the rear doors, and there it is. The rear wiper is on the intermittent setting...

I'll also mention that it took me a moment to find the switch for it, but it is there. Everybody got their dinner, and I'm a little better educated about life with an Ineos.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
This is a short, funny story from last night. I jump in the Grenny, leave work, and head for a Chinese restaurant where a phone in order awaits me. It is dark out, and I'm running late enough the take-out place has already called my wife to ensure I will show up. As I set out, I heard a strange new noise. An Intermittent motor or some actuator coming on and off. I keep going at this point, not to make anybody wait any longer, gather the lukewarm Chinese food, and head out again. By this point, curiosity has gotten the better of me. I am sure that other drivers are questioning the slow and erratic green foreign-looking SUV with me inside, trying to locate this new noise. Now I pull over, shut down the car, and open the door to shut it down, do a walk around, but nothing looks out of place. Of course, at this point, my mind is going to the worst scenario: what in this new vehicle is coming apart, or has it just developed its own mind? Whatever the case is, it's definitely not a confidence builder at this point. Off we go again, and there it is again, some well-timed motor trying to escape from the rear of the Grenny. This time, I pull over, leaving it running, and jump out to start my investigation. Back seats first and then head to the rear doors, and there it is. The rear wiper is on the intermittent setting...

I'll also mention that it took me a moment to find the switch for it, but it is there. Everybody got their dinner, and I'm a little better educated about life with an Ineos.

Thanks for sharing! Every little helps! Glad nothing's wrong with your Grenny! :)

thw420

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score

A neat feature I noticed yesterday is as follows: It was raining and I had the front wipers on. I was parking and decided to back the vehicle into the spot. I put it in reverse and the rear wiper came on automatically to improve vision out the rear. Neat little feature!

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
A neat feature I noticed yesterday is as follows: It was raining and I had the front wipers on. I was parking and decided to back the vehicle into the spot. I put it in reverse and the rear wiper came on automatically to improve vision out the rear. Neat little feature!
That explains something. I occasionally knock the wipers but have encountered exactly what was described above and put it down to “must have knocked the wiper switch”, but the switch was in the off position as I toggled it each way to check. This happened at least twice. So wondered why, and now I understand, it’s a feature!

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another little word of warning. If you think you are having a private conversation using the built-in hands-free option for your phone, note that it is almost as loud outside the vehicle as inside. I'm sure traveling down the road will eliminate anybody helping themselves to a conversation, but if you are parked or slowly diving through a parking lot, it is very much a public announcement.
fyi

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes that happened to me the other day. I thought for sure the G had developed a mind of her own!! 😂 😂

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 16-inch wheel?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 16-inch wheel?
According to Greg Clark, they wanted to provide a 16" option, but they couldn't make the brake package that compact for it to work. 17s are the smallest that can work ATM, although maybe the aftermarket will come up with a more compact brake setup.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
They are pathetic wish I had not bothered with them, constantly coming off I have purchased some canvas melvyn and moone
Totally agree. We now use ours for sleeping bag outer covers on cold nights. I’ve posted a picture back in sept/oct to that effect. I’m now with Melville and Moon covers and very good quality

Back
Top Bottom