The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Life with an Ineos

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I still have to get to a dealer to do so, I believe. Seems none of the generic stuff will clear codes yet. Unless someone else has found otherwise. If so I would love to know.
That's not the case, I was able to clear that very code with an OBDLink MX+ & my android phone.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
Well, the first two I tried didn't. They would read codes but not clear.
Most of them have instructions that say to have the car in accessory mode. I found with most modern cars, the code will not clear unless the engine is running.

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Most of them have instructions that say to have the car in accessory mode. I found with most modern cars, the code will not clear unless the engine is running.
Well. Now I have the warning triangle and a “front camera view limited” message

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So an update on code readers and some things I have learned recently. The expensive Snap-on reader we have at the dealership that is primarily for HD applications read the code but would not clear it. I could probably get additional software packages and get more results. My Superchips Jeep programmer was a no-go. No surprise at all. So, I got the Amazon truck to drop off a new OBDLink MX+, and after an update and a few learning moments, we got the code to clear. The check engine is off. However, it needs to be noted that Grenny doesn't like this arrangement. Right away, after the code clear sequence, the warning triangle comes on on the small screen in front of the driver, and over on the main display, it says, “front camera view limited.” However, not all is lost, and after a short drive and maybe a key cycle, that cleared up as well. I wasn't paying enough attention to tell you the exact sequence that reset the camera warning as I was trying to multitask, and you know how that goes. Anyway, all is good, and we are back on the road.

Sela Green

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Several boxes have shown up on my doorstep that will end up being part of the Grenny. I am hoping to get most of it here before I start the process. My undecided part is still the wheels. I want to stay with a 17-inch wheel and run 285 75 R17 tires so my question is what have people been having success with and what looks good?

Back
Top Bottom