The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Bruce's build

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
I cut the end off my little finger a couple days ago so I had to take a break from work on the car since any grip or tap made the bleeding start all over again. I've had patients come see me in the ER for less but as a surgeon once had me tell a patient: "you're not going to bleed to death from your finger". Tell that to my 7 year old witness who has repeatedly asked if I'm going to die from it. Anyway seemed stable enough today to do some teardown to finish wiring the wolfbox and digging out the INT1 leads. If a guy who chops the end off his fingers can do this, so can you.

IMG_9197.jpeg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
I cut the end off my little finger a couple days ago so I had to take a break from work on the car since any grip or tap made the bleeding start all over again. I've had patients come see me in the ER for less but as a surgeon once had me tell a patient: "you're not going to bleed to death from your finger". Tell that to my 7 year old witness who has repeatedly asked if I'm going to die from it. Anyway seemed stable enough today to do some teardown to finish wiring the wolfbox and digging out the INT1 leads. If a guy who chops the end off his fingers can do this, so can you.

View attachment 7843377
Some of that plastic trim could tear through an artery so anyone contemplating the wiring expedition take note 😉
Luckily I survived

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some of that plastic trim could tear through an artery so anyone contemplating the wiring expedition take note 😉
Luckily I survived
Indeed. The panel under the dead pedal was a major beast to get in and out. I think my biggest complaint about the truck so far is the shit interior lighting. I need a flashlight to do almost anything, and there's almost nothing ferrous to stick a magnetic light to.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Headlight is your friend!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Headlight is your friend!
Haha after even the mag light on the seat rail wasn't enough I dug the straps for my zebralight out of my parts box today, but not until after I finished.

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Mail call!
View attachment 7841183
Time will tell if I regret this or not, but after a few emails I found a source for the factory bull bar in Australia that was willing to ship one to me in the US. The price on the bar itself was the same as the cost to spec it during the build so I was happy with that. Shipping was a bear (think set of new tires expensive) but not as bad as I thought with how big it is. It would probably have been smarter to wait for Leitner (Their rack looks great) or someone else to make a US produced bar, but I like the look of the factory bar. I figured as long as it survived shipping, fitment should be good.

Now to find some muscle to help with the install.
How you pull that off?? EGR (Australia) told me they cannot sell the Bull Bar to anyone due to agreement with IG....

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
Indeed. The panel under the dead pedal was a major beast to get in and out. I think my biggest complaint about the truck so far is the shit interior lighting. I need a flashlight to do almost anything, and there's almost nothing ferrous to stick a magnetic light to.

It is Bad, I got this one for under the hood, but the Back Cargo area is TERRIBLE

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7843377
Hi Bruce, hoping your fingers heals soon. We all need you to get back to work documenting exactly which wires you are piggy backing on with photos and details right away. We don't want all your efforts to go to waste, ;)
Seriously, take some time off to heal first. DaBull

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bruce, hoping your fingers heals soon. We all need you to get back to work documenting exactly which wires you are piggy backing on with photos and details right away. We don't want all your efforts to go to waste, ;)
Seriously, take some time off to heal first. DaBull
Healed enough to get back at it! Red and yellow wolfbox wires into a 3 way wago with the fuse tap, and the fuse tap into FC23 which controls the rear 12V. Ground is attached to a bolt at the lower right corner of the fuse box, hidden by the opening but easily accessible during the dissection. Since FC23 is an accessory outlet there won't be any parking function but can easily swap it to another source later. Hope these pics help.

IMG_9203.jpeg
IMG_9204.jpeg

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So cool, I didn’t know you can get stuff from LeTech in the US. Nice stuff you have going on there 👍🏼.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Started the wolfbox G900 install. Have the mirror head mounted with ball adapters and a backplate from Amazon. Had to grab the kids from school so I'll do the wiring later this week. The rearview mirror function without power is a little dim, and the power button rattles at idle. There's a little vibration when you drive too, which I'll have to get to. I will probably run it with the wires exposed for a bit to see if I can tolerate the vibrations, otherwise I'll unmount it until a better mounting solution comes along.

The stock retaining ring is easily popped off with a thin screwdriver then the mirror just pulls straight off. You'll need a 16mm ball socket to Wolfbox adapter setup to get it mounted like this.

View attachment 7842800
Where did you get the "16mm ball socket to Wolfbox adapter"? I have the Wolfbox mount, but have been unsuccessful finding the correct ball adapter.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Where did you get the "16mm ball socket to Wolfbox adapter"? I have the Wolfbox mount, but have been unsuccessful finding the correct ball adapter.
Same ones as @terdrocket. There's a link in the post you quoted. I don't know what I will do with the other sockets so I wish you could just get what you need.
Where did you source the sliders from?
Direct from LeTech. There's a request price function on their site. After that I emailed back and forth with Sonja. I don't sprechen sie Deutsch but her English is good. Expect a day or 2 between emails. You do need to do a Swift wire transfer and pay shipping, but no duty so far on these (FedEx). These came out cheaper than Buzz sliders by a bit and I think these will be a little more unique. Not stainless though.

Next big project after these go on is drawers. Almost tempted to try my hand at building a platform but tempted by Goose Gear and Big Country.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same ones as @terdrocket. There's a link in the post you quoted. I don't know what I will do with the other sockets so I wish you could just get what you need.

Direct from LeTech. There's a request price function on their site. After that I emailed back and forth with Sonja. I don't sprechen sie Deutsch but her English is good. Expect a day or 2 between emails. You do need to do a Swift wire transfer and pay shipping, but no duty so far on these (FedEx). These came out cheaper than Buzz sliders by a bit and I think these will be a little more unique. Not stainless though.

Next big project after these go on is drawers. Almost tempted to try my hand at building a platform but tempted by Goose Gear and Big Country.
Thank you, the ladder doesn't have an add to cart function, that seemed to be where I was going wrong. Sent an inquiry for both the side steps and the ladder to at least initiate contact. Google doesn't like their email address when I tried to reach out direct. Excited to hear about your install and to see what u think of the sliders.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, the ladder doesn't have an add to cart function, that seemed to be where I was going wrong. Sent an inquiry for both the side steps and the ladder to at least initiate contact. Google doesn't like their email address when I tried to reach out direct. Excited to hear about your install and to see what u think of the sliders.
I got a quote with and without the ladder. It was 1400€ more to add it on with shipping and wasn't any cheaper to get it sent together. I figured there will be something that will hold a Jerry can cheaper than that so I held off for now.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Put on the sliders today. Took about an hour working solo. I perched each end on a jack stand then started 2 bolts in the front, then the 4 rears, then the last 2 fronts. Tightened everything together once all were started. I like em a lot.

IMG_9216.jpegIMG_9215.jpegIMG_9210.jpegIMG_9211.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom