The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Knauz Lake Bluff thread

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
I searched and didn't see a single thread for discussion of experiences with Knauz IG. Perhaps I missed it, if so please point me to such a thread.

When Knauz was first announced, being unfamiliar with Chicagoland dealers (I'm in very rural Wisconsin), I searched reviews on the google and saw some mixed and some not so good experiences with Knauz's concerning purchases of other brands. I was concerned but thus far my interactions with Knauz (emails and test drive) have been very positive. The main person I'm communicating with often responds within an hour during normal work times.

What have others experienced?

jcurtin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thumbs up from me. Billy and crew have been responsive and nice to work with. Have not yet received my unit, but have every reason to believe it will be a smooth, professional process. Am also in Wisconsin, Madison area 😀

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our pick up is scheduled for tomorrow.

Was thinking of going with this as a personalized plate, however being just a few miles from Boys Town not sure :

Screenshot 2023-12-22 210915.png
Screenshot 2023-12-22 211244.png

or if stick with the Lambda theme:

revenge of the nerds GIF

Screenshot 2023-12-22 175845.png
ja ja ja

Will let you know. So far, our experience with Knauz has been pretty damn good, all things considered (getting new location, training, transport etc). I am sure as Ineos brand becomes more established and (hopefully) grow as they introduce new lines, so too will their automotive network.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Our pick up is scheduled for tomorrow.

Was thinking of going with this as a personalized plate, however being just a few miles from Boys Town not sure :

View attachment 7836822
View attachment 7836824

or if stick with the Lambda theme:

revenge of the nerds GIF

View attachment 7836823
ja ja ja

Will let you know. So far, our experience with Knauz has been pretty damn good, all things considered (getting new location, training, transport etc). I am sure as Ineos brand becomes more established and (hopefully) grow as they introduce new lines, so too will their automotive network.
You'll popular in certain parts of town with those plates :LOL:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This was our 1st time buying a 'new' car and found Knauz to be a great experience. Billy, Julia and Dave all are nice, helpful and never once any sort of upsell or trying to add X, Y or Z. It's also nice to deal with people who are just as passionate about the vehicle as well.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a couple emails about scheduling a date for me to pick up but it has been radio silence for two weeks since... no replies to my emails which is odd as the two people I've exchanged emails with over the past months were previously very responsive. Has anyone else been ghosted?

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a couple emails about scheduling a date for me to pick up but it has been radio silence for two weeks since... no replies to my emails which is odd as the two people I've exchanged emails with over the past months were previously very responsive. Has anyone else been ghosted?
Try calling also, must be pretty busy.
I hope I don't wait that long too, now that I know it is on the way to US shores.

BTW, I passed by last Friday since I was in the area and they had around 70 IGs.
Now in the website it says 80+.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
I am scheduled to pick up my truck at Knauz tomorrow afternoon.

I have been bouncing emails back and forth with them for the last three months. Their response time varies from a few hours up to 24 hours, but has not gone beyond a day. They have been very nice/polite and have been honest with answers to my questions. However they really only send emails when certain milestones are reached. So, I got an email telling me when my truck had gone into production and was assigned a VIN. The next time I heard anything from Knauz was to tell me an anticipated delivery date of 03/24. This was followed by an email to tell me the truck was at the port and finally the email saying it was at the dealership. So, not a plethora of communications, but certainly enough to keep me up to date. The majority of my correspondence has been with Julia, though Billy and David are always copied.

I did not really get any dealer installed accessories. So I can not speak to what their installation fees/rates are.

I will know more on how they handle themselves in person by tomorrow evening.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am scheduled to pick up my truck at Knauz tomorrow afternoon.

I have been bouncing emails back and forth with them for the last three months. Their response time varies from a few hours up to 24 hours, but has not gone beyond a day. They have been very nice/polite and have been honest with answers to my questions. However they really only send emails when certain milestones are reached. So, I got an email telling me when my truck had gone into production and was assigned a VIN. The next time I heard anything from Knauz was to tell me an anticipated delivery date of 03/24. This was followed by an email to tell me the truck was at the port and finally the email saying it was at the dealership. So, not a plethora of communications, but certainly enough to keep me up to date. The majority of my correspondence has been with Julia, though Billy and David are always copied.

I did not really get any dealer installed accessories. So I can not speak to what their installation fees/rates are.

I will know more on how they handle themselves in person by tomorrow evening.
Good that you get updated as I never got those updates.

I did ask Ineos support for those details to keep myself updated - prod date, VIN and departure date.
My IG arrives at port next week and that's probably when I will start emailing them.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good that you get updated as I never got those updates.

I did ask Ineos support for those details to keep myself updated - prod date, VIN and departure date.
My IG arrives at port next week and that's probably when I will start emailing them.
Which ship? please share your BOL or Cust Ref Number as I may also be arriving on same but haven't yet located (possible oversight on my part)!

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which ship? please share your BOL or Cust Ref Number as I may also be arriving on same but haven't yet located (possible oversight on my part)!
If you have your VIN, check the cust ref 6200002703 at https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace

It is supposed to dock Feb 28.

Check out the "Where is my Grenadier" thread too as there is a spreadsheet there with ships coming in til Apr/May I believe.

Last edited:

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I picked mine up it went smoothly. They answered all my service related questions and are looking for dates to get a group out, probably KY trip they thought in the spring. Communications pre pick up weren’t always timely but never just ignored. They are still building up service and parts so coming together.

No free install of accessories or goodie bags at pickup as some are talking about but wasn’t expecting it either.

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
I searched and didn't see a single thread for discussion of experiences with Knauz IG. Perhaps I missed it, if so please point me to such a thread.

When Knauz was first announced, being unfamiliar with Chicagoland dealers (I'm in very rural Wisconsin), I searched reviews on the google and saw some mixed and some not so good experiences with Knauz's concerning purchases of other brands. I was concerned but thus far my interactions with Knauz (emails and test drive) have been very positive. The main person I'm communicating with often responds within an hour during normal work times.

What have others experienced?
I’ve dealt with their Mercedes dealer for many years when I lived up in Chicago. Their service dept was outstanding.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I picked my truck up yesterday. The handoff was great, the staff at Knauz is great. Their biggest problem is it's just three of them doing everything. They have been working 10-12 hours 6 days a week just to keep up. So, that being said they are doing pretty well.

I'll post more about our exit from Chicago into blinding snow on the freeway later, but the truck handled it all well.

Attachments

• PXL_20240224_124028885.jpg
    PXL_20240224_124028885.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked my truck up yesterday. The handoff was great, the staff at Knauz is great. Their biggest problem is it's just three of them doing everything. They have been working 10-12 hours 6 days a week just to keep up. So, that being said they are doing pretty well.

I'll post more about our exit from Chicago into blinding snow on the freeway later, but the truck handled it all well.
You might have gotten to drive in the last snow of the year!

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
We got The Grenny home. I am very happy with the way the truck handles, drives, and the level of comfort inside the vehicle.

To be honest the only thing about the vehicle which is annoying is all the ADAS stuff. That being said, I was told by Knauz that a software update is immanent which will allow us to statically select what ADAS features we want on or off. Static meaning whatever we select will stay on/off between startups of the vehicle.

Being that we drove out of Chicago in the snow at 31/32-F I heard about every alert the car can make due to blocked front sensors or cameras. I had to stop three times in our two hour drive to clear the headlights of caked on ice/snow. When we got to the BnB we had scheduled, the aux lights had about 1.5 inches of ice built up on them. Of course, I had no ice/snow brush in hand, so clearing the front lenses was all by hand.

Even with all that, The Grenny pulled through with no slipping or sliding. I felt safe, as did my wife.

The next day was all sunshine and blue skys, so we just buzzed along and enjoyed some back roads. The truck really eats up the miles. The computer says I averaged 18.1 mpg on the ~500 miles driven. I did not take time to track the actual fuel added at stops vs. miles driven, so I have no idea what the "real" mileage was.

All in all after only two days owning/driving, I am very happy. I am glad I ordered the Buzz Overland Rock Rail/Side Step from OK4WD. Getting in is doable, but a step will be very nice to have.

Attachments

• IMG_8789.jpg
    IMG_8789.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8797.jpg
    IMG_8797.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom