The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Washington (state) to Washington, DC

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Its been a while since I posted to this thread, so here's a quick update.

I've driven over 6500 miles and completed my first oil change. This week I'll have 255 80 R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's put on, which is about 33 inches overall. Yesterday, I also happened upon a set of Ineos rock sliders on facebook for a song here locally, and managed to get one installed yesterday before the dark, rain and dinner with the fam took me away from the task. The wife confirms they are useless as far as a step go, but I expect they'll be quite functional on trails!

I'll hopefully get the drivers side installed tonight.

View attachment 7846852

I'm also eagerly anticipating the arrival of my Leitner roof rack, which is rumored to be shipped out this week.

Exciting times.
I like those Falken Wildpeak tyres. I had them on my Defender. Very good on wet tar as I remember.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
Any update on your cracked windscreen?
And what is your total average fuel economy?
RDS has a windshield with my name on it, but there is a delay due to the software for calibrating the ADAS camera not being ready yet.

RE: Fuel

1000012493.png

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
RDS has a windshield with my name on it, but there is a delay due to the software for calibrating the ADAS camera not being ready yet.

View attachment 7846856

Fingers crossed that the windscreen gets fixed soon. Maybe they can find a way to not reconnect the ADAS. I’m sure there would be plenty owners fine with that.

Were you hoping for better mpg or is that pretty much what you expected? That’s about the same as my 306k mile 80-series gets after calculating in the correction for oversized tires (see screenshot). Hoping the Grenadier engine loosens up and the mpg’s increase a bit. I was hoping it would be better than my stock-tire 2003 Land Cruiser that gets 15.3 average.

1709671924896.png

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that the windscreen gets fixed soon. Maybe they can find a way to not reconnect the ADAS. I’m sure there would be plenty owners fine with that.

Were you hoping for better mpg or is that pretty much what you expected? That’s about the same as my 306k mile 80-series gets after calculating in the correction for oversized tires (see screenshot). Hoping the Grenadier engine loosens up and the mpg’s increase a bit. I was hoping it would be better than my stock-tire 2003 Land Cruiser that gets 15.3 average.

View attachment 7846906

Coming from my diesel Disco V (30mpg regularly) I was hoping for better, but have accepted that the EPA nailed it on the Grenadier with 14mpg.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I assume no lift on the wildpeaks addition.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assume no lift on the wildpeaks addition.
Correct. I'm waiting for a more comprehensive lift to come out in the 1-2 inch range that is more than just a spring lift.

Last edited:

SonnyC

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been considering the Falkens as well in that size. Is there a reason you went with the AT3Ws instead of the newer AT4Ws?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been considering the Falkens as well in that size. Is there a reason you went with the AT3Ws instead of the newer AT4Ws?
I've heard of the AT4Ws having issues balancing correctly. The molds for the AT3Ws are well sorted and should have no issues.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its been a while since I posted to this thread, so here's a quick update.

I've driven over 6500 miles and completed my first oil change. Tomorrow I'll have 255 80 R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's put on, which is about 33 inches overall.

View attachment 7846860

Yesterday, I also happened upon a set of Ineos rock sliders on facebook for a song here locally, and managed to get one installed yesterday before the dark, rain and dinner with the fam took me away from the task. The wife confirms they are useless as far as a step go, but I expect they'll be quite functional on trails!

I'll hopefully get the drivers side installed tonight.

View attachment 7846852

I'm also eagerly anticipating the arrival of my Leitner roof rack, which is rumored to be shipped out this week.

Exciting times.
Im obviously biased, in that these are the same size tire I put on mine, but they literally seem like the perfect size tire for the IG. The way they fill the wheel well (and make the digital speedo more accurate) 🤌.... I certainly appreciate why the 265/70/17 was used given it s world wide availability, but you are going to love the "after look".

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Adam, Did you have the KO2's originally and if so, how is the noise level different between the Wildpeak and the Ko2's.
Also, what size tire did you get. Looks Great! DaBull
I did have the Ko2's. & I went with 255/80 r17.

I'm probably a bad person to ask about noise - but I'd say if there is any change +/- its marginal. I had them inflated to ~39 lbs all the way around, and with the extra sidewall - the ride is a bit more comfy. Its also rainy today, so there's a lot of other noise. I imagine the sound of the tires will also change a bit between now and the next few thousand miles.

Last edited:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got back from my biz trip to KC yesterday evening & had just enough time to get through the Leitner roof rack installation.

It was a pleasure to install, with great, solid hardware and is quite robust. The construction is solid and the instructions are well thought out.

1000012599.jpg1000012601.jpg1000012614.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking good! Do I spot a Z32??

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7846856
Update on this - I'm getting my windshield next Thursday, with the tow hitch

Back
Top Bottom