The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Knauz Lake Bluff thread

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
We got The Grenny home. I am very happy with the way the truck handles, drives, and the level of comfort inside the vehicle.

To be honest the only thing about the vehicle which is annoying is all the ADAS stuff. That being said, I was told by Knauz that a software update is immanent which will allow us to statically select what ADAS features we want on or off. Static meaning whatever we select will stay on/off between startups of the vehicle.

Being that we drove out of Chicago in the snow at 31/32-F I heard about every alert the car can make due to blocked front sensors or cameras. I had to stop three times in our two hour drive to clear the headlights of caked on ice/snow. When we got to the BnB we had scheduled, the aux lights had about 1.5 inches of ice built up on them. Of course, I had no ice/snow brush in hand, so clearing the front lenses was all by hand.

Even with all that, The Grenny pulled through with no slipping or sliding. I felt safe, as did my wife.

The next day was all sunshine and blue skys, so we just buzzed along and enjoyed some back roads. The truck really eats up the miles. The computer says I averaged 18.1 mpg on the ~500 miles driven. I did not take time to track the actual fuel added at stops vs. miles driven, so I have no idea what the "real" mileage was.

All in all after only two days owning/driving, I am very happy. I am glad I ordered the Buzz Overland Rock Rail/Side Step from OK4WD. Getting in is doable, but a step will be very nice to have.
Have fun with it and all the best!

TSquared

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
I have checked inventories through 6200002710 but my VIN yet to appear (although several higher VIN's present).
Anyone have more recent Cust Ref #'s to share? I have tried 2711, 2712, . . . . etc to no avail
Mine was loaded on the vessel yesterday. Try 6200002628. There are 188 Grenadiers on board. Scheduled into GA in 3/11.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Circling back, they did get back to me and scheduled the hand-off. Julia and Billy were professional and efficient. I can't thank them enough. A couple pieces of paperwork had to be corrected but nothing that took more than a couple of minutes. It does seem they are overworked.

There was a huge hail storm the night before our pick up but it looked like the inventory (>50 units) in the yard was unscathed, just covered in ice. Our vehicle was inside as it was preped for our delivery.

Knauz is adding labor for dealer installed accessories:

BeePf3d.jpeg

They didn't use black rivets on the checker plates but the ones they used look fine.

I was pleased my tow package is intact:

08FH0BF.jpeg

300 miles in and I am smitten with the Fieldmaster. It is not as agile on the road as my R1S, nor is it as sprightly but it drives wonderfully and is very engaging. I look forward to where it takes me.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
BTW, Knauz just updated its website to denote pending sales versus available Grenadiers.

102 total on site and 13 available including some base models.

Ash

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I THINK my IG will be ready for pickup at Knauz early next month. I'm wondering- can I rely on the MSRP that I was quoted from Ineos ($82,845)? Has anyone been hit by any unexpected upcharges/fees? (I guess "unexpected" is subjective and depends on what one's expectations are). Guess the better question is, what can I expect to pay on top of MSRP?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I THINK my IG will be ready for pickup at Knauz early next month. I'm wondering- can I rely on the MSRP that I was quoted from Ineos ($82,845)? Has anyone been hit by any unexpected upcharges/fees? (I guess "unexpected" is subjective and depends on what one's expectations are). Guess the better question is, what can I expect to pay on top of MSRP?
I have not heard of ANY dealers marking up over MSRP.

They may charge for accessory installation.

Reactions: Ash

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Circling back, they did get back to me and scheduled the hand-off. Julia and Billy were professional and efficient. I can't thank them enough. A couple pieces of paperwork had to be corrected but nothing that took more than a couple of minutes. It does seem they are overworked.

There was a huge hail storm the night before our pick up but it looked like the inventory (>50 units) in the yard was unscathed, just covered in ice. Our vehicle was inside as it was preped for our delivery.

Knauz is adding labor for dealer installed accessories:

View attachment 7846134

They didn't use black rivets on the checker plates but the ones they used look fine.

I was pleased my tow package is intact:

View attachment 7846135

300 miles in and I am smitten with the Fieldmaster. It is not as agile on the road as my R1S, nor is it as sprightly but it drives wonderfully and is very engaging. I look forward to where it takes me.
Those prices include the prices of the options as well right?

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No up charge unless you have specked dealer installed options which will carry an installation charge at Knauz.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t forget to account for the $1,600 destination fee.

Reactions: Ash

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
So,
Sticker (MSRP from configurator)
+ installation fees (Charged at book rate for the dealership for any accessories listed on IA's website configurator with an asterisk.
+ Destination charges (Std for all dealers in US)
+ Doc fees of $999.00 at Knauz? Varies by state statute and dealer assigned to you.
+ Your state's Sales tax
+ Your state's registration fee

Did I miss anything?

Note: My state doesn't allow for charging sales tax on labor. So, the labor on the accessories install should have the labor for the install separate from the purchase sales tax on the closing invoice.

I'm thinking that in Michigan, a person can expect to pay about an additional 8-10% over MSRP invoice all in.
1000 for docs
1200-1500 for accessory install
5-6000 for sales tax and registration

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That seems about right, but there might also be a notary fee, currier fee, and some other misc. BS fees.

The $999 doc fee hurts big time and is at the largest I've seen (I'm looking at you High Point amongst others). Cali is capped by the state at $85 - does that mean they lose ~$900 on each truck since some dealers charge $999? I think not.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have an odd story. I just called my dealer (Knauz) to schedule the appointment to get the receiver installed and they told me that they had to order the parts! I thought they removed the parts from my vehicle at the dealership and had them stored to reinstall when they got approval. Seems that, if that should be the case, mine have gone somewhere else which I am not happy about.

Anyone else experience this issue?

I also posted this in the hitch thread but wanted to reach out to Knauz customers directly here.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have an odd story. I just called my dealer (Knauz) to schedule the appointment to get the receiver installed and they told me that they had to order the parts! I thought they removed the parts from my vehicle at the dealership and had them stored to reinstall when they got approval. Seems that, if that should be the case, mine have gone somewhere else which I am not happy about.

Anyone else experience this issue?

I also posted this in the hitch thread but wanted to reach out to Knauz customers directly here.
I thought the tow package was removed at port.

Back
Top Bottom