The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local Forum / Club Chapters / Divisions and "The Global Grenadiers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
Division works. We could also use District -- North American District, European District, etc. I don't much mind what we call them but do echo that "Chapters" has been coopted by the biker types and may not be a good look.

@Stu_Barnes if you need someone to help out on the moderation side, I've managed communities of one manner or another my whole career and I'd be happy to step up for North America/Canada (or the western bits of said areas since it looks like the East is already covered).
Actually “District” or “Division” both sounds good.

D0402521-CB70-457D-9157-64CAAF7476DA.png

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Are we talking about the different divisions of the forum globally?...the different Sectors maybe...as in the Australasian Sector...Branding to me sounds corporate...logos are for corporate branding and products...Symbols are more in line with clubs/forums to show the different Sectors/Divisions...I have been a corporate designer professionally and have designed and built many Brands with logos and corporate livery...and designed symbols and crests for Universities, clubs and schools...a symbol, symbolizes who you are part of...it might only be a word change but it carries emotion with it...hope I am not telling anyone how to suck eggs...but some of my beliefs expressed...happy motoring(y)
Ps...strangely enough here in little OZ Kellogg's was one of my bigger packaging design clients

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Are we talking about the different divisions of the forum globally?...the different Sectors maybe...as in the Australasian Sector...Branding to me sounds corporate...logos are for corporate branding and products...Symbols are more in line with clubs/forums to show the different Sectors/Divisions...I have been a corporate designer professionally and have designed and built many Brands with logos and corporate livery...and designed symbols and crests for Universities, clubs and schools...a symbol, symbolizes who you are part of...it might only be a word change but it carries emotion with it...hope I am not telling anyone how to suck eggs...but some of my beliefs expressed...happy motoring(y)
Ps...strangely enough here in little OZ Kellogg's was one of my bigger packaging design clients
You're hired

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Stu, Great forum, I enjoy its current global rather than parochial focus. Please keep all common interest threads globally focussed, and then local issues (Insurance, regional legislative requirements and so on) to your regional networks and I will be happy. I am really looking forward to travel reports by region and picking up on tips from locally based folks and general travellers.
Absolutely, this is fine line that I hope we manage to maintain.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Agreed in that the global/international flavor makes this forum fantastic. As someone who will moderate a US chunk, my goal is for that to address local stuff - get togethers, trail information, local dealers, etc. Not much more as the more that can be shared with everyone the better.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Love the idea of local forums.

As I was reading through the responses and forming my opinion on the global and local structure, I realized that I needed to back up and get some foundational questions answered first. And at risk of hijacking this thread, I'll list them below. Happy to start a new thread or quiet down if these have been addressed elsewhere...please let me know!

1.Is this forum officially recognized/endorsed by Ineos?​

2.How do forum users view the role of Ineos both at the higher corporate level and then at the dealership level, as they relate to this forum. Do members welcome their interaction and want more of it, or is this truly by the people, for the people? If it's welcome, what is the best way to facilitate it?​

3.Is there any direct link to their corporate team - do they post updates or press releases directly to the forum, or have active contributing users/members, or maybe offline feedback/communication with forum top brass?​

In answer

1. No we are not officially recognized by INEOS Automotive or any other entity in the INEOS group (if we are then they haven't told me). However I'm hoping this will change. Soon the forum will reach a critical mass, if it hasn't already and it will be more beneficial for them to formally recognize this space than to not. I'm hoping that after the embargo is lifted that we can get some sort of representation from INEOS Automotive.

2. If we become recognized then I'm sure this will be hashed out pretty quickly and simply.

3. Not formally, at least it's a one way street at the moment from us to INEOS Automotive. I have it on good authority that they have at least one lurker here possibly more and the forum has been referenced in meetings in the past. However there are independent contractors here that have worked on the development of the grenadier and they have asked to remain anonymous.

Stu.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So if anybody that hasn't already contacted me regarding being a local moderator or indeed wanting a local division then please do so my the end of this Sunday in whatever timezone you are in.

Once we get names then we can move forward with things.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

honestly Stu alerted me to this thread, which I hadn't seen until this moment. There are a lot of damn EU regulations stealing my time, so I've been busy all week doing a lot of paperwork for the "property tax" reform that is a result of EU laws. In our case (my wife and I) we had to do this five times: our house, my business apartment, some garages we built, grandma and an aunt. We are not bored ...

Please give me some time to read this thread from the beginning. Then I'll be back here and it could be tomorrow before I can say anything about it.

Thank you!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys,

honestly Stu alerted me to this thread, which I hadn't seen until this moment. There are a lot of damn EU regulations stealing my time, so I've been busy all week doing a lot of paperwork for the "property tax" reform that is a result of EU laws. In our case (my wife and I) we had to do this five times: our house, my business apartment, some garages we built, grandma and an aunt. We are not bored ...

Please give me some time to read this thread from the beginning. Then I'll be back here and it could be tomorrow before I can say anything about it.

Thank you!
Welcome back! (y) 🍻

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I have reviewed all the posts and I am very honored to have been suggested as a moderator of this forum. I did not expect this and I appreciate it.

Thank you all very much for that. :)

After getting this crappy tax thing done today, I first cracked open a beer, and while reading this thread, a second one. And after two beers I tend to moderate the German part ;)

But since I never *) make decisions when I've had a drink, I'll sleep in first and get back to you tomorrow.

Regardless of that: one more thing about nomenclature: we are public, worldwide. And because the world is the way it is, I don't think we should give ourselves military attributes of any kind - you get the point. I'm not a pacifist (which is only half the truth), but cleverness in a world full of idiots is just clever. And I don't btw. feel comfortable with "Chapter".

So a neutral term for a local forum might simply be: Locale, Limb, Branch, Leaf, Group, Friends, Section or something like that (my vocabulary is limited, suggestions welcome).

German Friends? Australian Group? British Branch? Think about it. Your choice, Stu's decision.

And I think the central forum must remain our common living room. I think that a local forum is dedicated to the really specific concerns of the respective region. Everything else should remain where we all come from.

See you tomorrow! :)

*) I did this as a teenager - and learned from it.

Scan4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I have reviewed all the posts and I am very honored to have been suggested as a moderator of this forum. I did not expect this and I appreciate it.

Thank you all very much for that. :)

After getting this crappy tax thing done today, I first cracked open a beer, and while reading this thread, a second one. And after two beers I tend to moderate the German part ;)

But since I never *) make decisions when I've had a drink, I'll sleep in first and get back to you tomorrow.

Regardless of that: one more thing about nomenclature: we are public, worldwide. And because the world is the way it is, I don't think we should give ourselves military attributes of any kind - you get the point. I'm not a pacifist (which is only half the truth), but cleverness in a world full of idiots is just clever. And I don't btw. feel comfortable with "Chapter".

So a neutral term for a local forum might simply be: Locale, Limb, Branch, Leaf, Group, Friends, Section or something like that (my vocabulary is limited, suggestions welcome).

German Friends? Australian Group? British Branch? Think about it. Your choice, Stu's decision.

And I think the central forum must remain our common living room. I think that a local forum is dedicated to the really specific concerns of the respective region. Everything else should remain where we all come from.

See you tomorrow! :)

*) I did this as a teenager - and learned from it.
How about German Ineos Grenadier Lovers , short GIGL-Group?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
I suspect the forum is going to "explode" in content, especially technical content, once the deliveries begin. As said above, the strength of the forum is its global nature AND there are not dozens of models under the Grenader label. Essentially they are all what I think of as "Paganini" (who said Aussies had no culture?!) :unsure: I.e. "variations on a theme"! so hopefully, while the learning curve amongst owners may be steep, the knowledge will spread rapidly. This will no doubt filter back to Hambach also!😉
Inevitably there are items of "local" interest.. trips planned/undertaken, lessons learnt etc...again there's often very useful info for wider audiences...so it's good to bear that in mind when posting.
Major Question:
How is this site funded? I don't see it being sustainable in the long term unless it's funded by users... (subscribers) ...so another question to ponder.
It might be simpler just to have a thread dedicated to each major geographic area on the clear understanding that sub threads therein are for local issues only and that items of practical information for everybody are posted on the main forum.
Random thoughts so far....

Local time
Reaction score
Keep it international and do not chapterize, please ! Just group the potentially valuable information in a searchable archive.

If INEOS gets the customer communication disaster sorted one day, the majority of posts you are seeing at present are obsolete..

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
I’m wondering about the need to separate into regionals as well.

I love the international flavour of this forum and I’d hate to see that diminish over time.

I suppose the problem with keeping it so spread as it is will be that it will be too big a behemoth in time if it isn’t categorized well from Feb8 onwards, and so maybe having regional sub forums isn’t a bad idea, but you guys realy need to think about the format going forward- I don’t envy the task ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom