The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local Forum / Club Chapters / Divisions and "The Global Grenadiers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Firstly I want to say how impressed I am by the enthusiasm for the forum by the members, never would I had thought that the level of participation demonstrated would be so consistent and passionate, and the facts, figures and tid bits that have been found out, dredged and scraped off the internet just beggars belief, a big shout out to @DCPU and @emax to name but 2.

Secondly after being poked with a pointy stick by the peeps in WA (thats Western Australia for your abbreviations wiki @Jean Mercier) and being thoroughly told to get a move on by @Krabby we're rolling out the local divisions as the INEOS forum develops into a more substantive entity.

With a more decentralized slant on things, the divisions will I'm sure eventually entail meetups with very localized online content and conversation, and hopefully becoming much more than a virtual experience. Pretty soon, unless you're in North America, we're going to be relaxing to the sound of exhausts plinking as they cool and beers flowing after a long day on the trail, bush or green lane, and thats just an epic stage to be in from the original idea of 'Projekt Grenadier'

Anyway back to the nuts and bolts of things here, specifically with the local divisions.

For clarity we keep to INEOS' identified target markets. For instance Australasia will be one complete sub forum thats broken down into various sub forums as required. The same would be for North America, Europe etc. This would be as an on demand feature, if enough people want a sub forum concerning the Benelux countries, Lower Saxony or the Isle of Man then we can do that.
However, if there is a local division established then there must be a local moderator prepared to take care of the day to day running of their individual division. I'm already being complained at for not jumping on things quick enough and pretty soon several hundred new posts a day for the local divisions are going to swamp the scant resources even further.
@Nocrays has kindly put himself forward for the WA division and @Krabby has for the USA NE division. I'm sure there are members in the UK, South Africa and Germany for starters that want their own space so please reply to this thread and get involved. If for some reason the local division seems abandoned by its moderator and or members then it will be reabsorbed back into the parent forum to keep things 'live' so to speak and to avoid zombie sub forums.
One thing that needs to be hashed out is the 'membership' of the local divisions. This will probably be on a request basis to post but will be available to be read by all members. Any commentary on this would be greatly appreciated.

Onto branding

After working for some time with @Krabby we have come up with a series of logos for 'The Global Grenadiers' and greater local areas, again these are split up into the INEOS regions of North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australasia, should there be a demand for a more local emblem for the specific individual divisions then this is something that we can look into, but that will be a little later down the line.

I'm hoping that most of these features will be live by the end of the week and the framework for the divisions will be ready to go.

There are several other exciting things the pipeline so stand by for those.

Stu.

Please comment with your suggestions, objections and commentary, I expect at least 4 jokes @DaveB ;)

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Stu, Great forum, I enjoy its current global rather than parochial focus. Please keep all common interest threads globally focussed, and then local issues (Insurance, regional legislative requirements and so on) to your regional networks and I will be happy. I am really looking forward to travel reports by region and picking up on tips from locally based folks and general travellers.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes No Problem with local chapters.. however I like Ithe international community here, learn about demand and topics concerning off-road driving in other regions and usable ideas and tricks. Once we get local chapters and local languages too .. I hope some topics of general concern remain globally. I learn a lot in particular from „down under“

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Stu.

This concept has worked well on other forums. I’ve had great success in organising face to face functions, drive days etc And allows new members to easily identify a local network.

Having it on the forum is a much neater and safer environment than out on social media.

It’s amazing the focus we already have and nobody has a vehicle yet!!

Thanks again Stu

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes No Problem with local chapters.. however I like Ithe international community here, learn about demand and topics concerning off-road driving in other regions and usable ideas and tricks. Once we get local chapters and local languages too .. I hope some topics of general concern remain globally. I learn a lot in particular from „down under“
Please stop calling them Chapters
That what bikie groups call each location

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
I can see the logic of regional 'chatter' on matters like insurance, good dealership response etc . However I have loved the international angle , hillclimb, power and decent into riddicule that it has brought.

It seems that globally we are mostly of an age where common sense and experiance prevails....right up to the point where we have plunged headlong into wanting a Grenadier .

Keep up the great moderation and responses one and all

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes
I agree with @KBKLR and @klarie and @acwiltshire to keep a global section with subjects that concern everybody.
I don't think a Benelux section makes any sense, because of the 4 different languages and 3 different countries, and different laws and taxes, but who knows. Same for some other small countries, Switzerland has on its own also 4 languages!
It's a very good idea to have subsections by "big countries", for the discussion of local rules, or even local commercial companies, etc.
It's also a good idea to have sections per region so that local Grenadier owners can meet or exchange ideas or even tease each other in the local slang. ;)

I still think that some "language sections" could exist, if indeed you find a moderator for these sections.
Just as an example ... my youngest son lives in Hungary (not interested in a Grenadier for the time being).
Hungarians of "our average age" or higher, that is in this forum around 53 years, rarely speak English. It could be interesting for them, if you find a volunteer bilingual Hungarian, to open an Hungarian section where the bilingual Hungarians could transfer suggestions to the English part of the forum, or answer questions in Hungarian thanks to information on the English part.
I give Hungarian only as an example, French or Spanish or German would probably be better opportunities for the time being (bigger languages).

Anyway, fantastic forum @Stu_Barnes. I sometimes take a look at some FaceBook pages related to the Grenadier, but here I wander every day!

PS: I still hate abbreviations :devilish: , but I am learning every day, didn't know what a HUD was until some weeks ago, neither AFAIK :eek:, but this word and its variants I know: f*ck abbreviations :LOL:, and f*cking good forum! 😂
PS2: I don't like the word "chapter" either

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
I'd vote for guild.
Historcally in the UK Guilds were powerful and respected associations for Master craftsmen, trades and a forum for the propagation of business interests and philanthropy.
Seems a good fit.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom