The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Inverter retrofit . New deliveries I need your help .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
So Guys because i cannot leave well enough alone and because i was really annoyed when they promised us a 400w inverter and took it way the last moment , i have ordered all the bits from my dealear to retrofit .

While waitting for the parts to arrive i would greatly appreciate anyone who has one of the new deliveries with the 400w power take off to take some pictures of the wiring .

I know the inverter is mounted in the Left hand rear panel just infront of the jack .

What i am really interested is the wiring in the battery compartment . I am under the impression that the power to the inverter is form the littlefuse box on the left hand side of the car ( hence why one post is empty in early cars ) .
The inverter is meant to be controlled by the BCM but have not figured out how yet . ( some theories exists )

So any help is much appreciated .

As many pictures as you can send will be appreiciated .

Local time
Reaction score
So Guys because i cannot leave well enough alone and because i was really annoyed when they promised us a 400w inverter and took it way the last moment , i have ordered all the bits from my dealear to retrofit .

While waitting for the parts to arrive i would greatly appreciate anyone who has one of the new deliveries with the 400w power take off to take some pictures of the wiring .

I know the inverter is mounted in the Left hand rear panel just infront of the jack .

What i am really interested is the wiring in the battery compartment . I am under the impression that the power to the inverter is form the littlefuse box on the left hand side of the car ( hence why one post is empty in early cars ) .
The inverter is meant to be controlled by the BCM but have not figured out how yet . ( some theories exists )

Im looking to do this too but an eco flow looks a better solution

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Im looking to do this too but an eco flow looks a better solution
Had a look at the oem offering from ineos appears to be made by casco which appear to be a solid offering for industry. And i was sure it would fit with out further modifications to the Gren which is always a bonus in my book . That is why i decided to go this route .
Never had an eco flow to be honest so cannot comment on them .

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought we were promised a 2000W one.

Do share...

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought we were promised a 2000W one.

Do share...
Both options were promised but 400w is available at the moment . 2kw on backorder .

Wiring is the same for both , so its a simple exchange from what I understand.

(Edit forgot to mention that you can exchange the 2 inverters)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Can I ask cost of both 400w and 2000w inverters via Ineos?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
no solid price said . It was a kind of just order everything and we sort it later . But it seems 400w is around 300pounds plus vat and the 2kw 1500 plus vat .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lads any updates ? anyone got a delivery with the 400w power take off ?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Guys any updates?? Anyone got delivery of the latest cars with the inverter ? @DaveB any luck you have the inverter ?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
@Tinki, I'd consider something like this (if you can still change it):

Victron is a very reputable manufacturer. And look on youtube, there a a zillion campers which have fitted such an inverter (in other cars, yes, but the concept is always the same).

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Tinki, I'd consider something like this (if you can still change it):

Victron is a very reputable manufacturer. And look on youtube, there a a zillion campers which have fitted such an inverter (in other cars, yes, but the concept is always the same).
@emax my friend yes victron crossed my mind . But after being able to dig and find the OEM part + OEM bracket + OEM wiring pigtail i thought it would be very easy to do a plug and play system . With no modifications and everything fitting as they should .

IF i had went with the victron or any other aftermarket system i would need to find a place to put it make a bracket, make a custom wiring harness get custom plugs + find a way to integrate it with the car wiring (inverter is controlled by the BCM of the car ) .
Everything above is possible and i can do , ( with enough time and money anything is possible ) . But time is one thing i do not have or have very limited of. So i decided to order all the parts from INEOS including even the screws and clips and just dismantle the car on a weekend and get it done .
The Inverter from INEOS is made by these guys :
https://www.cascoauto.com/ they seem to be OEM suppliers for vehicle manufacturers part of Amphenol so i bet the quality will be there . IN short of me getting it in my hands installing it and seeing what kind of sine wave I get and what kind of noise and true output I get I cannot comment on anything further .
It might be that it is worth it to go with victron at the end but I am happy to be the first Guinea pig and try this way 😊

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
I am definitely also interested in how Ineos wired the inverter. I bought a Chinese inverter before getting my car, mounted it, but after receiving a lot of negative (but well intentioned) comments, I dismounted it.
Should I try to ask information to my dealer :unsure:

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am definitely also interested in how Ineos wired the inverter. I bought a Chinese inverter before getting my car, mounted it, but after receiving a lot of negative (but well intentioned) comments, I dismounted it.
Should I try to ask information to my dealer :unsure:
i am 99% sure it is like this :
inverter gets power from the little fuse , fuse box . if it is a 2000w would likely need a 240amp fuse ( will be confrimed once i get it here) . there is already an empty slot that i believe was for the inverter anyway .
Wires go through the left rear seat gutter towards the jack storage point .
one plug gets connected onto the orphan plug you found in the back of the car ( that is the BCM control point i believe )
Then there is a plug for signaling and control that goes on the inverter along with the positive power input .
2 seprate sets of wired plug terminals leave the pigtail and energize 2 sockets ( one at the back of the car and one next to the usb plugs of the rear seats )
I cannot see what else could be there .

But i just need to see it on a vehicle to make sure .

If you can ask you dealer and he is able to provide some informtaion that would be great ! Lets see if anything of the above is wrong .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will ask my dealer, but in view of his past performance, I guess I will be shouting in the desert 🏜 :(
AHhahahah , JEan my man we can only ask . We see what shakes loose :) I am not holding my breath though :)
Apologies just notised BCM = Body control module .

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Think US cars might be the first with it fitted; they are getting the first run of 2024 models. Everything currently coming to australia is the 2023.5 model. There are very few differences, adas for US (not sure about europe, probably yes), subwoofer option if no aux battery, inverter options. Havent heard about a compressor, think thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom