The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

removal of side panels driver side and using the auxiliary power point

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's any opportunity to extend the footwell auxiliary power point cables to this panel ~ both in terms of internal space for a socket and external space for a plug?

Or run it further and out the top of the dash (being mindful of the airbags).
Not that easy because:
  • the wire is quite short (see my connector), but of course you can extend it by soldering or connecting another a wire to it.
  • therefore (without extension) the only location is on that side panel (see arrow) but ...
  • the space is very tight, see the red cross, I think you would have to remove some plastic of the other panel if you want to place a fixed connector style the one in the small picture
  • Run it further: probably yes, but indeed extending the electric wire.
20230622_112502 connect.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
A flanged socket in that position might not be a bad choice. 👍

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Fantastic thank you very much.Any joy with finding two under bonnet ones.Didnt want to remove panels unless i had to.You think they would make it easier after paying extra for it.

Reactions: PBD

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
For reference, here's a video going through the procedure of getting to the auxiliary power wires on the driver's side (RHD):

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
I still don’t understand why Ineos gives me a lot of useless switches on my roof panel without any explanation. Therefore, and thanks to this forum my next DIY post (DIY: Do It Yourself), and I didn’t find on this forum somebody who already did it, but perhaps I am wrong …

I dismounted the Left-Hand Drive (LHD) footwell side panels (Driver side) with the intention to use the auxiliary power point (not yet documented by Ineos, but well bespoken on this forum, thanks to the discovery of a hero … I don’t remember whom).

Like always, for the RHD (abbreviation well known on this forum), please do it the other way (wrong way 😉 )

[EDITED] As mentioned by @DCPU this step isn't necessary to reach the auxiliary power point. I leave it for information First thing, pull of this side wall, as straight as possible: the direction is toward the back of the car, beginning with the lower part (that’s what I did).
View attachment 7817333

First thing, remove the “step”, or how is it called, by pulling it vertically (I have done it already 100 times since I got my car without apparent damage, well less than 100 times, but …)
View attachment 7817334

Second, remove the bonnet opening lever. The screw needs a Torx bit TX25 to unscrew.
View attachment 7817335View attachment 7817336

Then there is a second similar screw to unscrew.
View attachment 7817337

Then there is a larger screw to unscrew from that same plastic piece on the “step” (TX30).
View attachment 7817338

And you should be able to “unclip” that sidewall pilar (LHD) pulling it as much as possible towards the center of the car.

View attachment 7817339View attachment 7817340

And you have access to these electrical wires, and what I am looking for:

View attachment 7817341

The “ground” wire is black, the positive wire is “purple+green”. I did connect my Deutsch male pins to it (has been documented elsewhere on this forum). This should be the INT1 wire, switched on by the corresponding roof panel button. (should be because I have a wiring mistake on my car).

View attachment 7817343
(See the following instructions on next post)

I still don’t understand why Ineos gives me a lot of useless switches on my roof panel without any explanation. Therefore, and thanks to this forum my next DIY post (DIY: Do It Yourself), and I didn’t find on this forum somebody who already did it, but perhaps I am wrong …

I dismounted the Left-Hand Drive (LHD) footwell side panels (Driver side) with the intention to use the auxiliary power point (not yet documented by Ineos, but well bespoken on this forum, thanks to the discovery of a hero … I don’t remember whom).

Like always, for the RHD (abbreviation well known on this forum), please do it the other way (wrong way 😉 )

[EDITED] As mentioned by @DCPU this step isn't necessary to reach the auxiliary power point. I leave it for information First thing, pull of this side wall, as straight as possible: the direction is toward the back of the car, beginning with the lower part (that’s what I did).
View attachment 7817333

First thing, remove the “step”, or how is it called, by pulling it vertically (I have done it already 100 times since I got my car without apparent damage, well less than 100 times, but …)
View attachment 7817334

Second, remove the bonnet opening lever. The screw needs a Torx bit TX25 to unscrew.
View attachment 7817335View attachment 7817336

Then there is a second similar screw to unscrew.
View attachment 7817337

Then there is a larger screw to unscrew from that same plastic piece on the “step” (TX30).
View attachment 7817338

And you should be able to “unclip” that sidewall pilar (LHD) pulling it as much as possible towards the center of the car.

View attachment 7817339View attachment 7817340

And you have access to these electrical wires, and what I am looking for:

View attachment 7817341

The “ground” wire is black, the positive wire is “purple+green”. I did connect my Deutsch male pins to it (has been documented elsewhere on this forum). This should be the INT1 wire, switched on by the corresponding roof panel button. (should be because I have a wiring mistake on my car).

View attachment 7817343
(See the following instructions on next post)
Hello Jean, you don't happen to have any guide on how to route the cable up onto the dash? I may have to remove the A pillar trim but not quite sure how to do that.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
Hello Jean, you don't happen to have any guide on how to route the cable up onto the dash? I may have to remove the A pillar trim but not quite sure how to do that.
Not sure if I understand what you mean, but several people documented how to remove trim parts in the past, but this picture could perhaps help:
20230812_103136.jpg

This is the side of the steering wheel (Left Hand Drive) and on the other side you have to dismount the hand grip first. On both sides there are some plastic clips to remove first.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if I understand what you mean, but several people documented how to remove trim parts in the past, but this picture could perhaps help:
View attachment 7855105

This is the side of the steering wheel (Left Hand Drive) and on the other side you have to dismount the hand grip first. On both sides there are some plastic clips to remove first.
Thank you Jean, that is what i wanted to see. I had a camera monitor cable installed by the dealer and i need to change its location. I wasn't sure how they got it to the dash but it looks like if I take that A Pillar cover slightly out i can re-route the cable.

Back
Top Bottom