The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Inverter retrofit . New deliveries I need your help .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
the guys who are getting the Inverter i think are the ones after the second price change . up to nymber 6k no inverter yet . you might be right i might have to wait for the americans :)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Keep in mind they will be different as the US is the only first world country using 110V AC 60 HZ

View attachment 7831351
Canada will not thank you for either calling them the US, or not 1st world. Although they are notoriously polite so probably won’t shout at you

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Keep in mind they will be different as the US is the only first world country using 110V AC 60 HZ

View attachment 7831351
Yes i am aware of the differences . but that is on the inverter side , what i am looking for is confirmation of the install in the car . From fusebox onwards .
what the inverter will output is a problem for later . Only one part number existed in the catalogue so i assume it is either a switchable inverter or hopefuly the correct one . :) time will tell .
INteresting diagmram though .

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes i am aware of the differences . but that is on the inverter side , what i am looking for is confirmation of the install in the car . From fusebox onwards .
what the inverter will output is a problem for later . Only one part number existed in the catalogue so i assume it is either a switchable inverter or hopefuly the correct one . :) time will tell .
INteresting diagmram though .
Question is, will it be a production line install or a local country install?
Once you start playing with AC power there are a lot of country specific wiring standards to take into account,

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
really poking the bear :)
Yes.
I have some Canadian friends that will be extremely annoyed.
I love it when I am travelling and hear someone talking then ask them what part of Canada are they from.
They are so happy that I recognised they are form Canada and not USA.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Question is, will it be a production line install or a local country install?
Once you start playing with AC power there are a lot of country specific wiring standards to take into account

from fusebox to inverter will be normal car DC fused wiring.
From inverter to scoket mpt sure yet . The sockets ( which got delivered a month ago ) are essentially like univeral PDU ( Power distribution unit ) socket , incorporatiing botrh eu+ uk plugs .

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
It is time they just admitted that they are a northern state of USA
I was meeting a client for first time and I made a joke about Canada being the 51st state when it comes to Canadian Government Bonds. I got zero laughs. I'm like how could you not laugh at that joke, every person laughs. They replied I'm Canadian. I responded, "have a great day A" and left.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was meeting a client for first time and I made a joke about Canada being the 51st state when it comes to Canadian Government Bonds. I got zero laughs. I'm like how could you not laugh at that joke, every person laughs. They replied I'm Canadian. I responded, "have a great day A" and left.
You would get a similar, or probably less polite reaction from a Kiwi if you suggested that New Zealand was the 8th State of Australia

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You would get a similar, or probably less polite reaction from a Kiwi if you suggested that New Zealand was the 8th State of Australia
Or that Tasmania was part of Australia 😁
Bloody mainlanders...

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you check our constitution it is a state of Australia
Not quite, but the constitution leaves the door open to the possibility.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Yes the new Delta 2 looks good no wiring and you can take it anywhere.
plus you can take it out of the car and charge it on any household socket in very short time. I am very happy with my delta 2 and can highly recommend it. It is a plug and play solution that solves all my electrical requirements when out on a trip. Including solar charging. There is no additional inverter needed since the built in one is very capable. The only downside i could find is that it's charging current is limited to 8 amp on 12V. But you can come by this with a little trick...

Local time
Reaction score
plus you can take it out of the car and charge it on any household socket in very short time. I am very happy with my delta 2 and can highly recommend it. It is a plug and play solution that solves all my electrical requirements when out on a trip. Including solar charging. There is no additional inverter needed since the built in one is very capable. The only downside i could find is that it's charging current is limited to 8 amp on 12V. But you can come by this with a little trick...
What little trick ?

Back
Top Bottom