The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Inverter retrofit . New deliveries I need your help .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Hello Guys now that the Americas are getting their Grenadiers anyone has the 400w powertake off that can show us the set up ?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
bump

I wonder if the NA vehicles are different in any way. I haven’t read all the threads but I haven’t seen something highlighted as different (I await to be proven incorrect though).

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Hello Guys now that the Americas are getting their Grenadiers anyone has the 400w powertake off that can show us the set up ?
I’ll grab a pic in the morning, I’ll have to lift out a car seat or two though ;)

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll grab a pic in the morning, I’ll have to lift out a car seat or two though ;)
Ahahhaha sorry for the inconvenience Stu :) ahhahaha

j.ironfab

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
Anyone in the US have details on the power take off? I feel like 400w is borderline useless for me I would prefer to go to a 2400W system. Anyone that didn't option the power take off are the wires still there?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
@Tinki better late than never.

Sorry the pics aren’t very good I’m away from home without any tools to remove the covers so not much help. I’m back home early next week so I’ll strip a few things down and get some more pictures
View attachment 7837593
View attachment 7837594
View attachment 7837595
View attachment 7837596
View attachment 7837597
View attachment 7837598
Quite interesting to see that they now have a plastic cover for the positive pole of the battery, one of the "deficiencies" @DCPU solved in some old thread (still not solved in my car, still on my "to do" list).

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Sorry the pics aren’t very good I’m away from home without any tools to remove the covers so not much help. I’m back home early next week so I’ll strip a few things down and get some more pictures
View attachment 7837593
View attachment 7837594
View attachment 7837595
View attachment 7837596
View attachment 7837597
View attachment 7837598
@Stu_Barnes , can you also explain when your invertor is powered? Ignition on? Motor running? One of the switches? Always (would guess a "no" here)?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, I get to answer a question with a real live test.

@Jean Mercier with the Ignition on the inverter is powered. No extra switch combinations required from the overhead panel. Engine need not be running. Im assuming there’s a timeout on the battery voltage but I’m not man enough to try that 500 miles from home.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
So Guys because i cannot leave well enough alone and because i was really annoyed when they promised us a 400w inverter and took it way the last moment , i have ordered all the bits from my dealear to retrofit .

While waitting for the parts to arrive i would greatly appreciate anyone who has one of the new deliveries with the 400w power take off to take some pictures of the wiring .

I know the inverter is mounted in the Left hand rear panel just infront of the jack .

What i am really interested is the wiring in the battery compartment . I am under the impression that the power to the inverter is form the littlefuse box on the left hand side of the car ( hence why one post is empty in early cars ) .
The inverter is meant to be controlled by the BCM but have not figured out how yet . ( some theories exists )

So any help is much appreciated .

As many pictures as you can send will be appreiciated .
HI Tinki, Do you have the details and part number of what you ordered. I have contacted my dealer in the UK and they say it is not possible to retro fit the inverter. I find this a bit hard to beleive. If you have the part numbers I'll go back to my dealler with them and ask again

Thanks Simon

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7837593
View attachment 7837594
View attachment 7837595
View attachment 7837596
View attachment 7837597
View attachment 7837598
Hey Stu !! thank you . once you decide to take the covers off let us know :) keen to see the fuses and the pigtail end on the fusebox .

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7837593
View attachment 7837594
View attachment 7837595
View attachment 7837596
View attachment 7837597
View attachment 7837598
@Stu_Barnes Thanks for taming the pictures. I am wondering if the inverter is connected to one of the smartpass outlets. Can you confirm the wiring to the converter? I am planning to retrofit one and of course, it would be good to see how the ineos engineers have solved the problem.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes Thanks for taming the pictures. I am wondering if the inverter is connected to one of the smartpass outlets. Can you confirm the wiring to the converter? I am planning to retrofit one and of course, it would be good to see how the ineos engineers have solved the problem.
Here me out, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to buy a power bank with built in inverter. I have one that is 1800w inverter with a 1k lithium battery

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
400w inverter is rather "little boy", but maybe 110v is all you need in NA.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have a 120w in the l663 and I have only used it to inflate snow tubes

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here me out, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to buy a power bank with built in inverter. I have one that is 1800w inverter with a 1k lithium battery
It depends on euer you want. I do not want to use my limited storage space. So a built in solution is most likely better.

Back
Top Bottom