The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
@Lollo050968 how did you mount the vertical sheets to the ground plate? I did this with aluminium L-profiles and I don't like how I did it. Looking for something that can be easily assembled and disassembled. Maybe something like this....

9745981e61a51cf86fcc8930c0b2f81d.jpg

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got my shelf installed. I have “rear seat recline” brackets and I didn’t want people hitting their head so I slid the rack rearward and mounted just with 2 bolts. If I need a 3rd I’ll drill a new hole. It’s pretty solid though. Still plenty of room to get things on/off the shelf even with it more rearward in the cabin thanks to great box-y design of the grenadier….

After fitting the Bison Gear shelf, I missed the option of using the loadspace partition net. The brackets are covered by the shelf.

That's why I liked Asnes' idea - but for a different reason - so I realised it. Now the net can remain fitted, it is rolled up in front of the shelf and can be quickly unrolled when needed.

I bought covers for the nuts at the DIY store.

The bag for the safari windows fits and so far nothing rattles, although the shelf is only fixed with two screws. If necessary i'd drill a third hole.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, the ceiling light is covered by the safari window bag. A rechargeable multi-purpose LED light with magnet and hook attachment now makes it really bright.

Attachments

• 20240408_105732.jpg
    20240408_105732.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 20240408_105859.jpg
    20240408_105859.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 20240408_124857.jpg
    20240408_124857.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
After fitting the Bison Gear shelf, I missed the option of using the loadspace partition net. The brackets are covered by the shelf.

That's why I liked Asnes' idea - but for a different reason - so I realised it. Now the net can remain fitted, it is rolled up in front of the shelf and can be quickly unrolled when needed.

I bought covers for the nuts at the DIY store.

The bag for the safari windows fits and so far nothing rattles, although the shelf is only fixed with two screws. If necessary i'd drill a third hole.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, the ceiling light is covered by the safari window bag. A rechargeable multi-purpose LED light with magnet and hook attachment now makes it really bright.

For the ceiling light I was thinking of getting this or more preferably similar light. The celling light plug is the same. This way the light comes on like normal.

The reason I am hesitant is I am not sure the length of the wire but and that light is pre-bent to contour with the roof of the New Defender.

Reactions: IGL

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Bison Gear "Under the shelf compartment" arrived today and the installation is complete. It's solid and of good quality, just like the "Roof Shelf" and the Front Runner Expander Chairs found a new home.
Cool IGL , how about the weight of the accessories? Does the shelf cover the extra weight from compartment and the FR Chairs with ease? I was not sure if it would bend the shelf slightly.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
The Bison Gear "Under the shelf compartment" arrived today and the installation is complete. It's solid and of good quality, just like the "Roof Shelf" and the Front Runner Expander Chairs found a new home.

View attachment 7852284
Hi IGL. That looks great. Those front runner chairs are a perfect fit. It also provides the option of putting
2 more up on the upper rack next to the safari window bag. What are your thoughts about the extra weight of 2 more chairs up on the upper rack? DaBull

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is the 3d file for the insert of the cubby box of the Ineos Grenadier.
You can 3d print it. If you do not own a 3d printer use a print service like materialize or something similar and maybe also cheaper.
free to use for everyone. you can alter the file as much as you like. please do not sell it. if someone asks where you got it from please refer to this forum.
enjoy
ps.: would be nice if you post a photo of your prints.
I finally printed mine. I still need to learn the software and supports.

I ended up printing mine upside down so the PLA filament was used a lot more. The floor of the shelf is a little brittle and the front tabs broke. It still stays very still without the tabs so no big deal.

20240409_192004360_iOS.jpg

20240408_231701106_iOS.jpg

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @minidok, @DaBull,

we haven't driven yet, we only installed the rack today. I'll report back when we've driven a few miles.

First impression: the additional weight of the compartments and FR chairs doesn't bend the shelf. I think you can see that in the 2nd and 3rd photos, it's straight. But no extra load on the shelf, so time will tell if it stays that way.

The compartments can be installed one grid to the left and one grid to the right. This might be better to distribute the weight towards the brackets.

Not sure if there will be any ratteling noises. We packed the FR chairs in thin fabric bags as a precaution. 😄

Attachments

• 20240409_201826.jpg
    20240409_201826.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All these photos make me wonder if a table could be mounted to the side brackets and used as the shelf? I have no use for the shelf per se, but if it also serves as a removable camping table, now you’re talking!

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @minidok , @DaBull ,

I drove a few miles today on a dirt road and a potholed paved road. The roof shelf with compartment and FR chairs swayed up and down slightly, but no rattling. It didn't bend either. I think bending is not easy as the front of the tray is U-shaped.

Nevertheless, I have emailed Bison Gear and told them that I would welcome a second, longer version of the brackets if the tray is pushed back and secured with just two screws. I assume that a third screw to the front of the roof shelf would not lead to more stability, but a longer bracket would.

When I got back, I (re-)tightened all the bolts as recommended by Bison Gear. I will check them from time to time.

Attachments

• 20240410_145757.jpg
    20240410_145757.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I finally printed mine. I still need to learn the software and supports.

I ended up printing mine upside down so the PLA filament was used a lot more. The floor of the shelf is a little brittle and the front tabs broke. It still stays very still without the tabs so no big deal.

View attachment 7852348

View attachment 7852349
I recommend printing it in the same orientation you would use later. That way the uglier surfaces where the object meets support are not visible.

Back
Top Bottom