The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier - rejected

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
lol, I see the ones most offended are actual owners already. My apologies, it's like calling your new born baby ugly, I get it. All good.
Hi Norb
Maybe you're not so bad after all. :) :ROFLMAO:

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have also emailed IA customer service to reject my Diesel Fiedmaster. It has leaked since day 1 in May 23 and remains at the agent since December 23. I am demanding a new replacement .
I would get a refund if I were you.
Ineos have had our car since September 2023 and unable to fix . I really loved the car but have had to accept that however amazing the car was ,the customer service and response from Inoes is woefully inadequate. I note the Ineos Grenadier are not part of the UK Motor Association Ombudsman .
Lyn Calder eventually responded to our plight but took months for her to do so and only after us taking legal advice.
If you wish to discuss, I would be happy to chat personally if it would help you .

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi shawtrav,
I am in a similar situation. Mine is just not fit for purpose and has not been since delivery day. I have been told multiple times over the last six months that Ineos will try their all to fix the vehicle and that they will honour my rights of rejection, which I have done yet again and insisted they now replace my Trialmaster with a new one of the same spec.
Tom Johnson in the Ineos senior management team agreed to it going back for assessment on the 14th of December 23, nothing happened. I chased him up a week ago, Monday 8th January 24, I got a very brief email saying he understood my frustrations and it should have happened, he will chase it up again. Still nothing!
I wonder if he's is as frustrated as me, quite possibly.
I love the car but want one that is fit to use in my extensive off road exploits, not the vehicle that is either sitting on my drive or back at Ineos for the majority of the time.
In hindsight, I wish I had stuck by initial notification of rejection ten days after delivery and left it back with Ineos. It would certainly have saved me six months of "frustrations" as Tom put it.
Interesting that Ineos Grenadier are not members of the UK Motor Industry Ombudsman. Lyn Calder says doesn't know why !? It certainly means that they can treat customers abysmally and get away with it. My advice ( even though I loved the car) is REJECT and get a refund.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would get a refund if I were you.
Ineos have had our car since September 2023 and unable to fix . I really loved the car but have had to accept that however amazing the car was ,the customer service and response from Inoes is woefully inadequate. I note the Ineos Grenadier are not part of the UK Motor Association Ombudsman .
Lyn Calder eventually responded to our plight but took months for her to do so and only after us taking legal advice.
If you wish to discuss, I would be happy to chat personally if it would help you .
There will be those out there who have perfectly legitimate reasons for rejecting their vehicle. You sound like one of them. What makes things worse is the lack of customer service. The correct response from Ineos and I'm sure everyone could have been happy, one way or another.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
I am hoping my experience is better than some here, but these stories are nothing out of the ordinary to be honest. Bought a brand new Chevy truck back in 2001, doors leaked, paint was crap and needed a new paint job, fuel gauge sender failed. All within 3 months. My 1999 100 Series Land Cruiser, a gem in the overland community had such a weak front diff, that they were known to blow spider gears if you looked at it wrong. I blew mine the first time I went on a muddy track. Toyota knew they had an issue with the diff and rectified it in later models. Does it mean the car is crap? No. Engineers make mistakes, production can be faulty. Lets just hope that after a few recall items, they will solidify and be the solid vehicles that people expect. I

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
@Cheshire cat agree, all cars have their issues. For IG there is no reputation though that you’re going to be OK. Full price and the owner is taking the risk.

I believe there is a management issue. Hoping they make some changes soon so people on the forum can share how well they were treated.

Lynn Calder, if you watching the feedback on this forum, consider putting some of your owners in as your first level of defense……”adventure concierge” or “support guide”. A few on this board would make great part time reps. A lesson I used recently
That yielded great results.
There aren’t enough pro staff posters here already?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was your Chevy truck $90k?

No, but the LC100 was 68k in 99' so pretty comparable. And an exploding front diff is no small issue. My point with the Chevy was that they are an established manufacturer and they still have issues off the line. Let alone a boutique brand that is just entering the market.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Was your Chevy truck $90k?
My 2021 F150 King Ranch 7.2kw Power Boost was about $87k before TTL. It had a rough transition between 5th and 6th gear about 50% of the time (of course dealer could never replicate), Car Play would work intermittently , would get generator faults on the dash occasionally, even though I was not using the generator, nor was it turned on, parking sensor would throw faults while driving, rear back up camera assist would not function occasionally. I am sure there are a couple other faults that occurred also. Does that count for your implied argument?

Last edited:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My 2021 F150 King Ranch 7.2kw Power Boost was about $87k before TTL. It had a rough transition between 5th and 6th gear about 50% of the time (of course dealer could never replicate), Car Play would work intermittently , would get generator faults on the dash occasionally, even though I was not using the generator, nor was it turned on, parking sensor would throw faults while driving, rear back up camera assist would not function occasionally. I am sure there are a couple other faults that occurred also. Does that count for your implied argument?
If you knew all that could happen before you bought it, would you still have?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So Norb
You must be very fortunate if life doesn’t throw you the odd curve ball. I take it you can’t buy anything as having looked for whatever you want and add the word ‘problems’, there will be a shed load of reports be it a vehicle or a marshmellow.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yea, on a $90K purchase, I think maybe, it's ok to do your due diligence, good on you if you don't feel that way. You're probably way richer than me so again good for you.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea, on a $90K purchase, I think maybe, it's ok to do your due diligence, good on you if you don't feel that way. You're probably way richer than me so again good for you.
I generally do my due diligence but challenging in this instance. Never paid this much for a vehicle before and for one that wasn’t even available to test drive! Thankfully, despite some teething issues including half freezing in this weather with a dodgy heater system, I have no regrets so far. 8000 miles and counting. Watch this space though. 😊

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. Nothing that affected day to day driving or was unsafe. Having a sophisticated computer with untold number of connections/processes running at one time with four wheels attached to it (what we call a vehicle), there is going to be problems. Didn't get rid of it for those problems, Here is the top 10 car makers with the highest number of recalls by count:
Ford
Chrysler (Fiat)
Forrest River (RV Manufacture)
BMW
Mercedes
GM
Daimler Trucks
Nissan
Jaguar/Land Rover
Kia

You see everything on that list from commercial vehicles, high end luxury, budget friendly, and everything in between.

It all depends on how the manufacture responds to the issues. That would be my caution with the Grenadier right now. There are 20 repair centers in the US, as compared to 145 in the Britain/EU/Surrounding areas. Ineos has stated they will be bring on more Sales/Service and Service only locations in the US, but that remains to be seen. Also, can they convince an acceptable number of independent shops to join the network? Are they going to start being more responsive then there are issue that need addressing? Will they retrofit the initial adaptors with non-software upgrades/improvements.

Joefly78

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Yes. Nothing that affected day to day driving or was unsafe. Having a sophisticated computer with untold number of connections/processes running at one time with four wheels attached to it (what we call a vehicle), there is going to be problems. Didn't get rid of it for those problems, Here is the top 10 car makers with the highest number of recalls by count:
Ford
Chrysler (Fiat)
Forrest River (RV Manufacture)
BMW
Mercedes
GM
Daimler Trucks
Nissan
Jaguar/Land Rover
Kia

You see everything on that list from commercial vehicles, high end luxury, budget friendly, and everything in between.

It all depends on how the manufacture responds to the issues. That would be my caution with the Grenadier right now. There are 20 repair centers in the US, as compared to 145 in the Britain/EU/Surrounding areas. Ineos has stated they will be bring on more Sales/Service and Service only locations in the US, but that remains to be seen. Also, can they convince an acceptable number of independent shops to join the network? Are they going to start being more responsive then there are issue that need addressing? Will they retrofit the initial adaptors with non-software upgrades/improvements.

I think this is spot on. I truly admire the saint-like patience I've read about from owners on this forum.

My growing dread is in being made to feel like a fool holding a very expensive bag, and my sense of things is that this isn't ready for the demands of the US market. Not just the product, but mainly the post-sale support and product engineering. We are fortunate to have many choices when it comes to vehicles that fit this purpose, give or take, assuming such a large risk on one at this price level just isn't necessary. Sure, all cars have recalls. But the big guys make them easier and faster to address.

If you're ok with a project car, there's probably nothing better, and that's great. But some of us are looking for transportation and reliable off-road capability. When things break, we need someone to fix it reasonably quickly or at least a path to do it ourselves so we can get back out there. I want this company to work out so bad, it pains me to see all of these troubles and missteps. Some of them seem so elementary and avoidable.

Gonna cancel my order to make room for someone else that really wants or needs it. Will check back in a few years. Good luck guys!

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
However , I have been informed a spider is about the furthest creature removed from the "beauty" of the newborn.
Many mothers would agree,
Spiders cause a lot of misplaced emotion ;)

Yes, because they are really sooooo cuddly!

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think this is spot on. I truly admire the saint-like patience I've read about from owners on this forum.

My growing dread is in being made to feel like a fool holding a very expensive bag, and my sense of things is that this isn't ready for the demands of the US market. Not just the product, but mainly the post-sale support and product engineering. We are fortunate to have many choices when it comes to vehicles that fit this purpose, give or take, assuming such a large risk on one at this price level just isn't necessary. Sure, all cars have recalls. But the big guys make them easier and faster to address.

If you're ok with a project car, there's probably nothing better, and that's great. But some of us are looking for transportation and reliable off-road capability. When things break, we need someone to fix it reasonably quickly or at least a path to do it ourselves so we can get back out there. I want this company to work out so bad, it pains me to see all of these troubles and missteps. Some of them seem so elementary and avoidable.

Gonna cancel my order to make room for someone else that really wants or needs it. Will check back in a few years. Good luck guys!
I get where you are coming from and I had some of the same misgivings. After doing all of my research, I got comfortable with the vehicle because of the parts they were using: BMW B58 engine, Brembo Brakes, ZF Transmission, Carraro Axels, etc. The components are all well known and a many mechanics can work on them. Also, with Jim Ratcliffe putting up $1,500,000,000 of his own money, I don't think he would leave one of the largest markets for his product.

But if Grenadier doesn't make it in the US (and I do expect them to succeed), I have one of the few to be here. Time to park it for 20 years and sell it for Millions! :p

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from and I had some of the same misgivings. After doing all of my research, I got comfortable with the vehicle because of the parts they were using: BMW B58 engine, Brembo Brakes, ZF Transmission, Carraro Axels, etc. The components are all well known and a many mechanics can work on them. Also, with Jim Ratcliffe putting up $1,500,000,000 of his own money, I don't think he would leave one of the largest markets for his product.

But if Grenadier doesn't make it in the US (and I do expect them to succeed), I have one of the few to be here. Time to park it for 20 years and sell it for Millions! :p
For real. Look at the cost of used NAS Defenders. Made of gold.

Back
Top Bottom