The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier - rejected

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

I have rejected my vehicle back to Ineos due to vehicle faults and the dealer's inability to rectify them.

A question - who else has rejected their vehicle? How did Ineos respond?
It would be interesting to understand how big a problem this is for Ineos.

Sorry this has happened.
But why the new thread on this after the one you started between Christmas and New Year? It’s given me deja vu to the point I went back to make sure I had indeed read this all before.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
Do you guys mind listing what the problems are that warrant a rejection? It must be horrendous paying what is a lot of money on a vehicle not fit for purpose.
Water ingress since day 1 in May 2023 - found by tracker installer in the cable looms down right hand side by drivers knee.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think a multitude of the problems listed by a multitude of owners should give you some idea
I think many just have rose coloured glasses and are hoping one day the problems get magically resolved
The key thing for early adopters is the time it has taken for IA to respond and then the support they offer to those who showed the most faith. From what I gather agents are feeling the same loss of faith

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
I will not reject the car, but I am very frustrated by Ineos and my dealer. When people ask me about my satisfaction: I tell them 0 (zero) concerning dealer and Ineos!

The mechanical part is OK.

The IT problems are very annoying since the beginning and Ineos doesn't seem to be eager to solve them (neither on their website by the way).

And the leaks ... indeed: wading through 80cm? I doubt about it. Very shortly, not too often, and certainly NOT waterproof in the rain!

My partner doesn't understand why I didn't reject the car.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Something I want to add, the customer service of Ineos is crap, and I certainly don't blame the people working there, but the management: They know nothing, they refer to your dealer even if you tell them that your dealer didn't have the answer, they even once told me to contact another dealer (what I refused). They have NO technical knowledge (again, I don't blame the personal of Customer Service, they are usually very friendly!).

I don't understand why Ineos isn't a ashamed to make us loose our time with such a crap service! Do they really think we are idiots?

Hey Jim Rat???, am I an idiot?

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Something I want to add, the customer service of Ineos is crap, and I certainly don't blame the people working there, but the management: They know nothing, they refer to your dealer even if you tell them that your dealer didn't have the answer, they even once told me to contact another dealer (what I refused). They have NO technical knowledge (again, I don't blame the personal of Customer Service, they are usually very friendly!).

I don't understand why Ineos isn't a ashamed to make us loose our time with such a crap service! Do they really think we are idiots?

Hey Jim Rat???, am I an idiot?
Your story is very sad and disappointing to hear! To be treated so poorly by Ineos and you have been such an advocate for the Grenadier and have been very patient with the resolution of the problems with the vehicle. Most people understand that some issues will arise but to be shunned or ignored is truly unacceptable! I hope things work out and quickly you deserve at least that much!!!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Your story is very sad ...
Not that sad ;) ... I have the car I really wanted, and was one of the very fist ones, and ...
I have some technical knowledge (electrical certainly, mechanical less) and can assess somehow the gravity of problems.

The difference with a lot of other people: I have NO, none, zero, diplomatic skills!
I usually say what I think.

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Sorry this has happened.
But why the new thread on this after the one you started between Christmas and New Year? It’s given me deja vu to the point I went back to make sure I had indeed read this all before.
I think @shawtrav in the previous thread was “I have this problem and this is what I’m doing” while this thread is more about “how big is this problem”.

I thought IG, new to the landscape, would be trying to build a phenomenal reputation but …. WOW

IG should be all over these folks to make them happy (@shawtrav and @Jean Mercier as examples). Two different cases/request), neither have been addressed. Maybe time for a change in CEO and a few others.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think @shawtrav in the previous thread was “I have this problem and this is what I’m doing” while this thread is more about “how big is this problem”.

I thought IG, new to the landscape, would be trying to build a phenomenal reputation but …. WOW

IG should be all over these folks to make them happy (@shawtrav and @Jean Mercier as examples). Two different cases/request), neither have been addressed. Maybe time for a change in CEO and a few others.
You are bang on . The reputation will evaporate and quickly result in US contract signed customers and reservation holders having a major rethink. THEN IA might just realise how significant their existing customer relations have failed.
Too late fellas, we tried to help you

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know how many dealers and and repairers are frustrated with being the middle man, dealing with the fall out and receiving minimal answers or solutions from IA.
Most customers do not realise being the mechanic or the service advisor for a new product or a major product upgrade can be exceptionally frustrating. Particularly when the service departments and mechanics are instructed by the company not to give out certain information and have to regularly tell the customer that the company is working on a fix when the mechanics and service departments know that there are no immediate solutions from the vehicle manufacturer.
It is not only the customers that lose faith with a brand's support, the mechanics also lose faith encouraging them to move to other products leaving knowledge voids and high staff turn over for some workshops.

Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Are you returning yours?
No I am not returning mine because I have decided not to order one
I was as keen as mustard, still am , but will not spend over 100k on a car with a multitude of problems from a manufacturer that can’t or won’t fix them.
I am living in hope that the product will eventually be what was promised and the service will be what is expected, as soon as that happens my order is in, until then I live in hope

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry this has happened.
New thread is I am sure an attempt to find out how many forum members world wide are in this situation now and possibly how many have decided to cancel their orders as a result of Ineos and its intransigent attitude.
I suspect there are a substantial number in both Australia and the USA.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys! Don´t be so impatient. It`s a totally new truck and a totally new carmaker. All the workshops all over the world have no experience with that truck.
Every totally new truck/car has lots of unexpected problems. They will be solved over time. The workshops need enough time/trucks to get experience. It will take 2-3 years before most of the nagging problems will be solved!

If you buy such a new car/truck, you will always be a testdriver/betatester!

In my opinion Ineos built an outstanding 4x4. There is nowhere in the world a better 4x4, not even the G-model. Up to now I went to my nearest dealer twice and had a very close look in and under the truck( I was crawling from the front bumper to the rear bumper under the car to inspect all parts). It took me at least 4 hours both visits. I have never seen more quality: doors, seats, axles, engine, gearbox etc..

I am an experienced "automecanic", it`s my hobby. I am doing my own cars since nearly 50 years( 25, at the moment I have a VW Lupo 3l, a Opel Astra Caravan, a Opel Speedster Turbo/it`s a Lotus, a Ford Transit Nugget-that´s a camper van with high roof- and a beautiful LR Defender 110 SW from 2015).
After my inspections I knew: I will buy that truck! To me even the price is not expensive, when you see how much quality you get! This Truck will outlive me and I am 69!
But I will buy it in 2025/26( model 26) when most of the problems are solved! It`s such a great old fashioned 4x4!

I still have the most beautiful 4x4(Defender), but its a vintage car not a daily driver. I would never buy it`s new successor, that`a Discovery or a Range Rover.

To you Guys: The Grenadier is not built as a daily driver to replace your Range Rover or your SUV! It`s built for difficult roads/pistes and off road driving. I was driving it: there is no problem with the steering and to park the truck in a row. It has the same dimensions like my Transit Nugget and I love to drive that car! The Grenadier is not built to drive mainly in cities or in rush hours. If you have problems driving it, it`s the wrong car. Look for an SUV or a normal car!

To the end: Please give the dealers, workshops and Ineos more patience. The Grenadier is the best existing real 4X4 without much "Schnick Schnack". To me the price is really cheap when you see all the best quality parts you get! An actual Porsche 911 Carrera ( Biturbo) with similar quality costs in Germany at least 160000 Euro! I love to pay ca. 86000 euro for my envisioned Utility 5 seater with leather.

And don`t forget: Most of the problems will be solved within the next 12-24 months and it`s not a BMW X5 or Porsche Cayenne.

Enjoy Your life! Hans

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Defenderlover
Good summary and one that many of us have taken onboard, hence the lack of outright rejections. Those above who have chosen to reject due to incessant leaks. I fully understand that and I would likely do the same.
The niggles that I suffer with are things I feel will be resolved given a bit of time, and definitely within the warranty period.
One of the great things with this forum, most criticisms are of a constructive nature and that’s what we need. The somewhat dubious heater controls are a case in point. Through discussion and understanding on a forum like this, combined with some pressure on the dealerships, we can get this solved.
As a few have said. On a product at this price, one shouldn’t expect any problems however, the reality is, even Toyota have niggles not to mention the likes of JLR!
Now to get onto my dealership and discuss the heater issue. 🥶🤦‍♂️

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have total sympathy for those who are rejecting vehicles, we have read about their problems and it must be very frustrating when no action is taken.

Ineos are reasonably pro-active, mine is in the shop today for SEVEN recall items. I did ask them to do my rear door locks and align the steering - but no time…….that I do find frustrating!

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys! Don´t be so impatient. It`s a totally new truck and a totally new carmaker. All the workshops all over the world have no experience with that truck.
Every totally new truck/car has lots of unexpected problems. They will be solved over time. The workshops need enough time/trucks to get experience. It will take 2-3 years before most of the nagging problems will be solved!

If you buy such a new car/truck, you will always be a testdriver/betatester!

In my opinion Ineos built an outstanding 4x4. There is nowhere in the world a better 4x4, not even the G-model. Up to now I went to my nearest dealer twice and had a very close look in and under the truck( I was crawling from the front bumper to the rear bumper under the car to inspect all parts). It took me at least 4 hours both visits. I have never seen more quality: doors, seats, axles, engine, gearbox etc..

I am an experienced "automecanic", it`s my hobby. I am doing my own cars since nearly 50 years( 25, at the moment I have a VW Lupo 3l, a Opel Astra Caravan, a Opel Speedster Turbo/it`s a Lotus, a Ford Transit Nugget-that´s a camper van with high roof- and a beautiful LR Defender 110 SW from 2015).
After my inspections I knew: I will buy that truck! To me even the price is not expensive, when you see how much quality you get! This Truck will outlive me and I am 69!
But I will buy it in 2025/26( model 26) when most of the problems are solved! It`s such a great old fashioned 4x4!

I still have the most beautiful 4x4(Defender), but its a vintage car not a daily driver. I would never buy it`s new successor, that`a Discovery or a Range Rover.

To you Guys: The Grenadier is not built as a daily driver to replace your Range Rover or your SUV! It`s built for difficult roads/pistes and off road driving. I was driving it: there is no problem with the steering and to park the truck in a row. It has the same dimensions like my Transit Nugget and I love to drive that car! The Grenadier is not built to drive mainly in cities or in rush hours. If you have problems driving it, it`s the wrong car. Look for an SUV or a normal car!

To the end: Please give the dealers, workshops and Ineos more patience. The Grenadier is the best existing real 4X4 without much "Schnick Schnack". To me the price is really cheap when you see all the best quality parts you get! An actual Porsche 911 Carrera ( Biturbo) with similar quality costs in Germany at least 160000 Euro! I love to pay ca. 86000 euro for my envisioned Utility 5 seater with leather.

And don`t forget: Most of the problems will be solved within the next 12-24 months and it`s not a BMW X5 or Porsche Cayenne.

Enjoy Your life! Hans
Well said and the proper attitude 😁

Back
Top Bottom