The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier - rejected

Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone else rejected their vehicle? - perhaps because Ineos and the dealer couldn't get their act together and actually fix the faults.
I have rejected mine, and am now in discussion with Ineos to agree a refund value - which may tale a while and will probably end up before the Ombudsman.

Shaw

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone else rejected their vehicle? - perhaps because Ineos and the dealer couldn't get their act together and actually fix the faults.
I have rejected mine, and am now in discussion with Ineos to agree a refund value - which may tale a while and will probably end up before the Ombudsman.

Shaw
There is hope in USA that the launch would not be riddled with issues. Looks to be not the case! Best of luck to you, keep us posted. Good on you for having the balls to reject subpar work.

Local time
Reaction score
What problems did you have with your Grenadier?

There's always a few disaster stories with any vehicle.
One of my customers bought a new (old type) Defender back in 2016 and it leaked water into the cabin. The dealer tried to fix it and couldn't so he tried to reject it.
We weren't talking damp carpet, there was an inch of water in the rear after heavy rain.

The dealer refused to exchange it so he attached his trailer and parked across the entrance to their workshops at the back of the building.

He was soon offered a replacement Defender, which has proved to be fault free, and no leaks.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
What's the issues you had with your Grenadier?

Local time
Reaction score
Issue with the cabin heater not working - compounded by the dealer and Ineos Technical not getting their act together. The vehicle was with the dealer for 6 weeks, and when it was finally returned, the fault reappeared after 3 days. I have lost patience. The uber-flaky software - even after the 'upgrade' did nothing to persuade me that Ineos respect their customers. To offer that upgrade as though it was a fix to the multitudinous problems - is an insult to their customers' intelligence.

Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a particularly bad one. Six weeks to repair the heater? fair to say dealer incompetence or lack of knowledge/training.

The software update has worked for a lot of owners who had random warning lights and other issues.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
he attached his trailer and parked across the entrance
Well done.

Unfortunately, in Germany you then have to deal with a handful of charges. Coercion for example.

Self-defense is undesirable in the land of do-gooders. 🤮

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The vehicle was with the dealer for 6 weeks, and when it was finally returned, the fault reappeared after 3 days.
Out of interest, which is your dealer? Ours has now been in dry dock for 4 weeks and no hope of a repair for the heated. Today I used the R word in the hope they sharpen their act.

In my opinion a fair refund is a full refund as the new product is not fit for purpose.

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer is Endeavour Automotive Beaconsfield. 'Endeavour' as in 'attempt' to fix the heater.
Their first attempt to fix the heater was to bleed the coolant system, as Ineos Technical didn't tell them to vacuum bleed the system. Then they couldn't get the vacuum bleed kit to work. Then they got hold of a second vacuum bleed kit, and that didn't work as the fault reappeared within 100 driven miles.

Ineos are stalling on the value of my refund. If you get into this discussion, you may need to point out to Ineos the difference between Right to Reject and Right to Cancel (The Consumer Rights Act 2015 vs. Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), as they do not appear to know the difference. A discussion with my learned friends looks increasingly likely.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos are stalling on the value of my refund. If you get into this discussion, you may need to point out to Ineos the difference between Right to Reject and Right to Cancel (The Consumer Rights Act 2015 vs. Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013), as they do not appear to know the difference. A discussion with my learned friends looks increasingly likely.
In terms of the value of your refund, if the vehicle has demonstrated symptoms of the faults on which you are regretting it since it was new (HVAC: I would suggest has been faulty since new, ours certainly has), then the refund should be the new value. In our case they have been aware of this fault since 3k miles (now over 8k), so from then the ball is in their court.

I was in company of a learned friend today at Bicester Scramble (only one Grenadier spotted), did you buy your Grenadier as a personal or business purchase? If the latter, double check the effect that has on your right to reject was the advice I was given.

This week will determine whether we have ours back or not. At this stage I would be happy if they mended it but if we could get out I think I would. I have become a little disenfranchised by the clear defects in design.

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

I have rejected my vehicle back to Ineos due to vehicle faults and the dealer's inability to rectify them.

A question - who else has rejected their vehicle? How did Ineos respond?
It would be interesting to understand how big a problem this is for Ineos.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
There are a few posts here on this topic where other buyers have done the same thing or are thinking about doing it.But I currently don't know where or what to look for.

Maybe there are colleagues here who can help.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

I have rejected my vehicle back to Ineos due to vehicle faults and the dealer's inability to rectify them.

I have also emailed IA customer service to reject my Diesel Fiedmaster. It has leaked since day 1 in May 23 and remains at the agent since December 23. I am demanding a new replacement .

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

Hi shawtrav,
I am in a similar situation. Mine is just not fit for purpose and has not been since delivery day. I have been told multiple times over the last six months that Ineos will try their all to fix the vehicle and that they will honour my rights of rejection, which I have done yet again and insisted they now replace my Trialmaster with a new one of the same spec.
Tom Johnson in the Ineos senior management team agreed to it going back for assessment on the 14th of December 23, nothing happened. I chased him up a week ago, Monday 8th January 24, I got a very brief email saying he understood my frustrations and it should have happened, he will chase it up again. Still nothing!
I wonder if he's is as frustrated as me, quite possibly.
I love the car but want one that is fit to use in my extensive off road exploits, not the vehicle that is either sitting on my drive or back at Ineos for the majority of the time.
In hindsight, I wish I had stuck by initial notification of rejection ten days after delivery and left it back with Ineos. It would certainly have saved me six months of "frustrations" as Tom put it.

Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
Do you guys mind listing what the problems are that warrant a rejection? It must be horrendous paying what is a lot of money on a vehicle not fit for purpose.
I think a multitude of the problems listed by a multitude of owners should give you some idea
I think many just have rose coloured glasses and are hoping one day the problems get magically resolved

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think a multitude of the problems listed by a multitude of owners should give you some idea
I think many just have rose coloured glasses and are hoping one day the problems get magically resolved
I don't have rose-tinted glasses, I have rejected a VW Golf R in the past.

I fully agree that the vehicle should be perfect, but in my case ours isn't too bad. Yes, I have read the threads, but cannot make a judgement from those. Mine goes in tomorrow for recall items, the only real niggle is the sticking door buttons.

Back
Top Bottom