The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier - rejected

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
I would be happy if they slowed the assembly line down for upgrades and modifications. The tricky part for us is we are a good 5hrs from the nearest dealership, so taking it in for warranty work will be a task. After a year of ownership I am taking our 2023 Ford Van for work in, 10 minutes from the office. Big difference. Ineos needs to live and breath Quality Control, design issues and upgrades for the next couple of years until the kinks get worked out. Not burry their heads in the sand and say, well that guy went near water (duh), or they went rock crawling, or they commute too much. Just keep improving the product and learn from mistakes and they can get there with in a few short years.

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Hi Defenderlover
Good summary and one that many of us have taken onboard, hence the lack of outright rejections. Those above who have chosen to reject due to incessant leaks. I fully understand that and I would likely do the same.
The niggles that I suffer with are things I feel will be resolved given a bit of time, and definitely within the warranty period.
One of the great things with this forum, most criticisms are of a constructive nature and that’s what we need. The somewhat dubious heater controls are a case in point. Through discussion and understanding on a forum like this, combined with some pressure on the dealerships, we can get this solved.
As a few have said. On a product at this price, one shouldn’t expect any problems however, the reality is, even Toyota have niggles not to mention the likes of JLR!
Now to get onto my dealership and discuss the heater issue. 🥶🤦‍♂️
Agree…except there might be that “niggle” that can’t be fixed.

Funny how Ineos was all over getting us video update before launch….

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
No I am not returning mine because I have decided not to order one
I was as keen as mustard, still am , but will not spend over 100k on a car with a multitude of problems from a manufacturer that can’t or won’t fix them.
I am living in hope that the product will eventually be what was promised and the service will be what is expected, as soon as that happens my order is in, until then I live in hope
You are in Australia... If I were in your shoes - and this is just me - I would buy one before the active safety systems become mandatory and even more invasive. You can (probably) deal with the current batch of problems, but you can never get rid of the active safety stuff once it becomes mandated by law (not without breaking the law). Buy one now, and you may have your overland rig for the next 20 years (maybe more).

If I could buy a 2023 Grenadier in Europe and bring it back to the U.S. I would do it in a heartbeat. But that is because my biggest gripe with the 2024 Grenadier - the only model year currently for sale in the U.S. - lies with the ADAS. I have actually exchanged emails and phone calls with the NHTSA and Customs to determine the feasibility of importing a 2023 Grenadier to the U.S. It seems very time-consuming and costly, with an uncertain outcome with regard to permissions.

Just one guy's opinion.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
Really-no one knows why this vehicle burned out. Or do they?
There is a recall aimed at an electrical fault with the overhead switches which does mention risk of fire. Other than that no one knows, or isn't saying what caused that particular fire.

The point of the thread being the reputation of IA, it is on the line and if they're not careful, it will burn to the ground.

I've personally had some excellent individual interactions with IA Aust personnel and a very average experience with my agent over the last year. They are not winning any friends with the lack of communication but that's an old story around here.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Sorry this has happened.
But why the new thread on this after the one you started between Christmas and New Year? It’s given me deja vu to the point I went back to make sure I had indeed read this all before.
Round and round we go again...squeaky doors and broken records...shame about that

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Getting cold feet with all these problems.
Don't worry, the IG heating system has your back ... er, feet.

Seriously though, justifiable given what some are experiencing. Thing is, the HVAC is my only real holdup, but I'm confident that it will get sorted and can't wait until I meet my truck!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Getting cold feet with all these problems.
Out of the couple of thousand members on here. What problems? Not wishing to be rude Norb, but if I google “Problems with Toyota, Honda, Lexus, etc,” I can find plenty of posts, and yet, these are some of the most reliable vehicles in the world!

Last edited:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Out of the couple of thousand members on here. What problems? Not wishing to be rude Norb, but if I google “Problems with Toyota, Honda, Lexus, etc,” I can find plenty of posts, and yet, these are some of the most reliable vehicles in the world!
Are you serious? You must be the biggest fanboi if you don't know what problems I'm talking about.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Most customers do not realise being the mechanic or the service advisor ...
Although I agree with your post, I wonder: do I have to? Do I really have to worry about the mechanic after putting 80,000 euros on the table of INEOS? I don't think so, definitely not.

But on the other hand, if someone blames the mechanic, they're probably an idiot. I even think, that the mechanics and we sit in the same boat in some way.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you serious? You must be the biggest fanboi if you don't know what problems I'm talking about.
I obviously know the problems you refer to Norb, and if you feel they are so serious that you would be left stranded, I agree that you should cancel and choose something more to your liking.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Of course he is serious. We know of some peoples problems, but not all owners have problems with their vehicles that warrant a rejection.

It would be beneficial to know what the ratio of problem cars are with those that are deemed to be satisfactory.

Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
I would have thought they all have the same software, sensors, door locks and handles, water/ door seals, transfer case , coolant hoses etc so all would have or the potential to have the exact same issues

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would have thought they all have the same software, sensors, door locks and handles, water/ door seals, transfer case , coolant hoses etc so all would have or the potential to have the exact same issues
Not necessarily Matt
All these components are produced in batches and it is usually, just the one batch that fail and not the full production.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Plus it’s natural that the most vocal posts will be about the (probably relatively very small percentage) of issues. People share glitches and look for help. Granted, some people (@Jean Mercier especially!) seem to have been very unlucky but that’s pretty rare. And even he still seems to love it overall, somehow. Patience of a saint.

I personally had a couple of small issues (absolutely nothing showstopping, but looking at my posts you’d probably not be alone in having the odd wobble) but overall absolutely love the Grenadier. Now things are settled down I don’t post every day of happy driving. You can’t really use an owners forum as a guide to the likelihood of having issues. 😀

Back
Top Bottom