The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier - rejected

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
Well if Robb Report is saying it then it has to be true.

They are also on Knob Creek 12 as their best bourbon. So...yep.
Its not so much if "its true"....its that IG was in that article. What they wrote about the Grenadier isn't really bad but out of all the cars they could pick from they put the Grenadier on that list. I know nothing of the author but would love to know his criteria.

I guess any press is good press:)

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
Its not so much if "its true"....its that IG was in that article. What they wrote about the Grenadier isn't really bad but out of all the cars they could pick from they put the Grenadier on that list. I know nothing of the author but would love to know his criteria.

I guess any press is good press:)
Criteria was probably clicks; controversy; conjecture. No necessarily in that order.

Also not sure what the criteria of pass/fail is when just throwing things against the wall and seeing how long they stick.

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Well if Robb Report is saying it then it has to be true.

They are also on Knob Creek 12 as their best bourbon. So...yep.

l read the article and didn't see any mention of the Grenadier. l wonder has the article been updated and it's been removed from the list?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
l read the article and didn't see any mention of the Grenadier. l wonder has the article been updated and it's been removed from the list?
It was there, I read it early last night; they made the point that there probably are not many Americans who are willing drop US$80k+ on a new vehicle without a track record or a robust service network. I expect that a word has been had. Biting the hand that feeds is a capitalistic no-no.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't have ordered my Gren if there wasn't a dealer in Houston. I'm sure I'm not alone. When IA expands its dealer network, I predict sales will continue at a good level.

Local time
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't have ordered my Gren if there wasn't a dealer in Houston. I'm sure I'm not alone. When IA expands its dealer network, I predict sales will continue at a good level.
I hope so but isn't there a restriction on how many can be imported each year? Seems like that would slow down expansion of the dealer network. Hopefully they will look at alternatives to just dealers for warranty work.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ferrari sells less than 5000 cars a year in the US, but they have over 90 dealers.

Local time
Reaction score
After a tree crushed my Range Rover in 2018, I thought I would try a Ford F150 Platinum. Been the absolute worst car I have ever had. Only has 105k because it likes to stay in the shop.
In my opinion, the IG is one of the most interesting vehicles out on the market. Does it have some things to work out and it doesn't check every box, but so what? The world has gotten soft.

Local time
Reaction score
After a tree crushed my Range Rover in 2018, I thought I would try a Ford F150 Platinum. Been the absolute worst car I have ever had. Only has 105k because it likes to stay in the shop.
In my opinion, the IG is one of the most interesting vehicles out on the market. Does it have some things to work out and it doesn't check every box, but so what? The world has gotten soft.

l agree, unfortunately these days we expect perfection because we know it's possible.
However it's rare. l've got a new Defender. Mine has indeed been pretty much perfect but l find myself having no tolerance whatsoever of any issues with the vehicle.

For example l've got the user defined button on the steering wheel set to switch between DAB and Spotify.

Today for some reason it wasn't working and l was instantly fed up with it. The fault was a nothing, l turned the function off then back on in the setup menu and it started working again.

But l found myself thinking "is this the start of the issues with the vehicle" and looking at old Defenders on Ebay!!

Back in the days of the old Defender, you thanked the stars if the thing actually started in the morning. And hopefully there's wasn't too much water in the footwells if it rained overnight. (We had a 2006 Defender from new)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Where it works the ombudsman service provides a way of settling disputes without the recourse to law and at lower cost. The disgruntled customer does not have to engage a solicitor, potentially become liable for the other parties costs and pay for a Court claim. For the manufacturer/dealer, the adjudication is supposed to be binding and again at lower cost. The disgruntled customer still has recourse to the Courts if they are still unhappy.

IMHO it is a boys club and if there is a genuine claim, going to the Courts is usually more likely to get a satisfactory outcome. Most claims are settled before the Court date, but you need to have done your homework to be taken seriously.
I remember at least one case where through the ombudsman I got what I wanted but ... the Bank did NOT recognise it's mistake, they payd me back ... a very small amount ... for a Belgian, not for somebody of some poor countries...

Another time, I threatened to inform the ombudsman... and they reverted their action, It was another Bank concerning the bank account of my judo club ... if they think everybody doing martial arts is an idiot, they are often wrong

I think I have another case that I won, but I can't remember. The Bank case I remember very well ...

Local time
Reaction score
l agree, unfortunately these days we expect perfection because we know it's possible.
However it's rare. l've got a new Defender. Mine has indeed been pretty much perfect but l find myself having no tolerance whatsoever of any issues with the vehicle.

For example l've got the user defined button on the steering wheel set to switch between DAB and Spotify.

Today for some reason it wasn't working and l was instantly fed up with it. The fault was a nothing, l turned the function off then back on in the setup menu and it started working again.

But l found myself thinking "is this the start of the issues with the vehicle" and looking at old Defenders on Ebay!!

Back in the days of the old Defender, you thanked the stars if the thing actually started in the morning. And hopefully there's wasn't too much water in the footwells if it rained overnight. (We had a 2006 Defender from new)
I agree. A problem vehicle is no fun. . People can say what they want about Jeep, but the 08 and 14 have been bullet proof. My 01 RRover’s driver door leaked like crazy

Attachments

• IMG_3302.jpeg
    IMG_3302.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8938.jpeg
    IMG_8938.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
Local time
Reaction score
Love the Wrangler. It was a toss up between the new Defender and the Wrangler LWB

The Defender took it mainly because (in Commercial specification) l can put it through my business and get a big tax rebate (around U.K. £14,000)

Local time
Reaction score
Love the Wrangler. It was a toss up between the new Defender and the Wrangler LWB

The Defender took it mainly because (in Commercial specification) l can put it through my business and get a big tax rebate (around U.K. £14,000)
Did that with the F150. We all need more tax breaks! The IG should also qualify since it is at 6000lbs.

Local time
Reaction score
lt's around 12%
I think the NET profit margin was higher...maybe close to 20% (I could be recalling a different year) . If so, that Is about $1B+-.

Grenadier Revenue if they make 40k cars in a FY @ 90k each and if they had the same net profit margin as Ferarri (I would think Ineos margin is higher) that leaves them $720m. Should be plenty to help early adopters out with any issues they have:)

Last edited:

Aw2023

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are
Hi,

I have rejected my vehicle back to Ineos due to vehicle faults and the dealer's inability to rectify them.

A question - who else has rejected their vehicle? How did Ineos respond?
It would be interesting to understand how big a problem this is for Ineos.
Hi Shawtrav, just wondering if you have any email addresses for anyone in senior management at Ineos Grenadier dealing with your issue? We are having a NIGHTMARE and i'm really starting to lose my patience with it all.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We are

Hi Shawtrav, just wondering if you have any email addresses for anyone in senior management at Ineos Grenadier dealing with your issue? We are having a NIGHTMARE and i'm really starting to lose my patience with it all.
Hello all
I have also rejected and it is an ongoing fiasco. I cant share the details at present but am very close to going public on the lack of leadership at the top of the IA service structure.

Back
Top Bottom