The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
If you take the position that price is a consideration.. I'm thinking there are a heap of cars that should be considered. In general they aren't as capable as the grenadier but some can be had for half the price or less. There are a heap of options that aren't in the table at the top of the page.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
A 300 GX was on my list....a mate is eyeing one up as we speak, trading his fully kitted Prado for one
I looked at the 300 but the GX is too poverty spec and needs about another $30K - $50K spent on it for bar work, lockers, battery etc.
Plus I can't accept the disclaimer that the vehicle spec and price is likely to be different when you finally get it.

1690673889754.png

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
I looked at the 300 but the GX is too poverty spec and needs about another $30K - $50K spent on it for bar work, lockers, battery etc.
Plus I can't accept the disclaimer that the vehicle spec and price is likely to be different when you finally get it.

View attachment 7821710
I think that the GX has all you need and nothing you don't, any 300 is going to need $30+K spent on it. Who needs carpet/360 cameras, fake wood, screens in the headrests etc when you're using it for its intended purpose?
As far as lockers is concerned, the crawl control is fantastic and in most cases out performs them. Second battery issue can be overcome.
Just for reference I'm currently driving a 200 GX with most of the gear on it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that the GX has all you need and nothing you don't, any 300 is going to need $30+K spent on it. Who needs carpet/360 cameras, fake wood, screens in the headrests etc when you're using it for its intended purpose?
As far as lockers is concerned, the crawl control is fantastic and in most cases out performs them. Second battery issue can be overcome.
Just for reference I'm currently driving a 200 GX with most of the gear on it.
I agree, I don't want any of the things you mentioned in the first sentence.
I also don't want 7 seats, a standard sunroof or those ugly wheels and useless tyres it comes with.
I definitely want a bullbar, side steps, side protection rails, better seats, tow bar, recovery points, extra battery, wiring for lights front and rear, etc.
As you say all these can be added, but it is still going to look like a standard Landcruiser that thousands of people drive to work or to the school sports day.
Absolutely no character or excitement.
It will be safe, reliable, and dependable.
The basis of every great life partner. (said nobody ever)

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, I don't want any of the things you mentioned in the first sentence.
I also don't want 7 seats, a standard sunroof or those ugly wheels and useless tyres it comes with.
I definitely want a bullbar, side steps, side protection rails, better seats, tow bar, recovery points, extra battery, wiring for lights front and rear, etc.
As you say all these can be added, but it is still going to look like a standard Landcruiser that thousands of people drive to work or to the school sports day.
Absolutely no character or excitement.
It will be safe, reliable, and dependable.
The basis of every great life partner. (said nobody ever)
I just don't like the look of them, you also cannot see the corners of the vehicle, by the time you add all the things I have on my Grenadier it works out to be more expensive (and uglier)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just don't like the look of them, you also cannot see the corners of the vehicle, by the time you add all the things I have on my Grenadier it works out to be more expensive (and uglier)
Yep
I am sure all of these are absolutely wonderful people and would make a great spouse, but not really the type that puts a stupid grin on your face.

PS They probably wouldn't pick me either.

1690681626734.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If the Grenny wasn’t around I’d be happy enough with a 300 with fruit. And it would do all the things I needed it to. No need to slag a very capable vehicle.

But like every toyota I’ve owned, it would do everything very well, but be as bland as chicken soup.

I’m hoping for toyota reliability with a bit more soul. Time will tell if the Grenny is all that and more.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the Grenny wasn’t around I’d be happy enough with a 300 with fruit. And it would do all the things I needed it to. No need to slag a very capable vehicle.

But like every toyota I’ve owned, it would do everything very well, but be as bland as chicken soup.

I’m hoping for toyota reliability with a bit more soul. Time will tell if the Grenny is all that and more.
Thats my problem with Toyota, they are great vehicles but I’ve never sat in one that made me feel anything. They are just boring, I have never felt a desire to own one, at all ever.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Thats my problem with Toyota, they are great vehicles but I’ve never sat in one that made me feel anything. They are just boring, I have never felt a desire to own one, at all ever.
I think that can be applied to many Asian-branded vehicles. They’re like good washing machines - quiet, dependable, and bland. Well, besides the raw passion oozed by a purple Honda Fit/Jazz. That machismo cannot be contained!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I’m hoping for toyota reliability with a bit more soul. Time will tell if the Grenny is all that and more

We're all on board with that @bigleonski 👍🏼

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Strange part is all these women were paid to be in a professional photograph entitled "plain looking women"
Some of them are possibly men, or part way there.
Alternatively , they are a group of friendly zombies.

Reactions: Max

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This one gave us some good times, and had a soul.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 27

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
I think that can be applied to many Asian-branded vehicles. They’re like good washing machines - quiet, dependable, and bland. Well, besides the raw passion oozed by a purple Honda Fit/Jazz. That machismo cannot be contained!
I had a Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero in Spanish speaking countries ;-) ) ... fantastic car with a soul, won some Dakar rallies (not my model of course).

And I fell in love with 4X4 as a passenger of a Toyota Land Cruiser, the early one, somewhere in 1984:
Used-1975-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FJ40-Jackson-MS.jpg

It is like which woman you think is pretty:
  • the one with blond hair and blue eyes
  • the one with black hair and dark eyes
Personal taste ;)

Back
Top Bottom