The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Hesse / Rhine Main Area Germany.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, I am Klaus and new to this forum.
Already configured - not yet ordered - discussing with a Dealer in Maintal / Hesse (Krah&Enders) to see a Grenadier in reality.
A few things - my spouse is somewhat 160cm in length - and "entry-level" to not so tall persons and how to enter is a topic an if a step is supplemental to be ordered. So I want to see in reality what I will get, final price and emissions and what equipment is in.

Okay, why I am interested in Grenadier? I am a hunter (not professional) , mostly on boar (wild pigs /sus scrofa) , need trailer towing capability, some occasional forestry operations, so definitely to be used and not a shopping vehicle or show car like many Mercedes Benz G Brabus.. I need one vehicle that serves all requirements offroad, but also on road requirements such as shopping, and occasional office tour. (90% homeoffice). No business drive ( rental car when needed) and last but not least some touring and vacation to Scandinavia, CZ, HU. The Grenadier will be configured to suit these needs. Rather Fieldmaster but some add ons auxillary battery, winch, perhaps to feed (telescopic) worklight at rear, if not available from options list an auxiliary heater (e.g. webasto) will be added later. Winter night at a high hide may be chilly, so a vehicle preheated and ready to go will result more comfort, but also in better emissions, lower consuption and engine wear out.

Currently owning a Land Rover Discovery Sport, comfortable, so far reliable, no issues in 160000kms and serviced on schedule. However now the drive chain need to be changed. Waiting already 6 weeks to get it replaced. Spare part unavailable. But it seems unavailability of spare parts is not a LR problem only. Same applicable even to Mercedes Benz and other local makes.

The LR is nice, but it lacks some capabilities and is far to much on road - even offroad lots better than many other in the same class.
Simply eager to see a production Grenadier asap.

Hope it meets my expectations.
Don't need ambilight, electric adjustable seats and other toys that are costly to repair. Expecting a workhorse with safety features and basic comfort.
If Grenadier should fail there are very few options left.
Jeep ? - Quality? MB G-Wagon ? Overpriced and unavailable. Ford Bronco? Hm.. what I saw 'til now doesn't convince me. Toyota in Germany makes a show of Hybrid and electric and eco-friendly impression. The other face of Toyota with real offroaders aren't sold in Europe. It would kill their image of an environmentally friendly company. (what they aren't) - I like Sir Ratcliffe's open marketing, going public early and a honest "this is what you get" approach.
This is what: I want a reliable, robust, multipurpose vehicle, simple to repair and long lasting, with acceptable range in europe and predictable cost of operations at a fair (neither cheap nor speculative) price. Hope the Grenadier finally meets all this.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Thanks for your overview - especially your last paragraph....."I want a reliable, robust, multipurpose vehicle, simple to repair and long lasting, with acceptable range in europe and predictable cost of operations at a fair (neither cheap nor speculative) price. Hope the Grenadier finally meets all this.

I hope all of these characteristics - except replace Europe with Australia!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello grenadierboy - for Australia.. I would probably require auxiliary fuel containers.. somewhat twice the size of a typical european vehicle. The current LR disco sport consumes 6.9 -7.7l /100kms Diesel on road, 7.5 to 9 off road and up to 10 when towing. This means a 50l diesel tank is quite tiny.
Where is the next petrol station... A Grenadier with 90l - and an average of 11. should go 750-800 kms between refuels In my opinion not sufficient for Australia. 200 litres of fuel capacity should be there for certain regions. (at least as an option) Friend of mine owns an LR110 (vehicle age 30) added a 50l fuel tank for Iceland. And it was necessary. Do you require AdBlue exhaust cleaning liquid in AUS? Or is this again a stupid EU rule?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - adblue here as well.

For most places I want to go in Australia - there would be many fuel stations across 750km. However, it's towing that will reduce this range.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@klarie

Hi Klaus,
> discussing with a Dealer in Maintal / Hesse (Krah&Enders)

I just returned from a customer visit in Obertshausen and took the opportunity to visit Krah & Enders this morning. It's my dealership as well.

They are 'waiting'. Demo cars are expected to arrive not before mid/end of September. And there is no Grenadier corner yet in their building. :-|

I am btw. from 'Groß-Bieberau'. From where are you (town/village)?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@klarie

Hi Klaus,
> discussing with a Dealer in Maintal / Hesse (Krah&Enders)

I just returned from a customer visit in Obertshausen and took the opportunity to visit Krah & Enders this morning. It's my dealership as well.

They are 'waiting'. Demo cars are expected to arrive not before mid/end of September. And there is no Grenadier corner yet in their building. :-|

I am btw. from 'Groß-Bieberau'. From where are you (town/village)?
I am living in Niddatal, Recently I had a chat with K&E, according to them Ineos automotive is affected by "silicone crisis" as well. Due to this manufacturing will be delayed by 4 weeks. What bugs me currently - is what will be real prices, what will be final specs? The discussion on emissions and fuel consumption is ongoing - I am analytic guy what means I want to know the facts no estimations no speculation.
When I am on a high hide - going for boar - and decide to pull the trigger I need to consider a lot of topics, and obey a lot of rules. The decision is made on facts not on "it will work" When I decide on Grenadier its the same. If I go to spend 80k+ I want to know if it is worth it before I sign.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am living in Niddatal, Recently I had a chat with K&E, according to them Ineos automotive is affected by "silicone crisis" as well. Due to this manufacturing will be delayed by 4 weeks. What bugs me currently - is what will be real prices, what will be final specs? The discussion on emissions and fuel consumption is ongoing - I am analytic guy what means I want to know the facts no estimations no speculation.
When I am on a high hide - going for boar - and decide to pull the trigger I need to consider a lot of topics, and obey a lot of rules. The decision is made on facts not on "it will work" When I decide on Grenadier its the same. If I go to spend 80k+ I want to know if it is worth it before I sign.
I guess that you share those feelings with the most of us here.
While hunting you should of course to be right on the target in any way. If your shot fails you might hurt someone, wound an animal or kill the wrong one. Therefor you take your time an shoot only if you are 99,9 % sure to be safe in any way.
With the IG it is even easier. You just wait until it is in the showroom of your dealer and ask for a drive. You read about all of our first complaints and you will do better than the early adopters. The negative thing is only that you have to wait and maybe spend more money when the prices raise (what will be happen for sure sometime in the future).
The price for ordering before having seen the car in nature is uncertainty

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@klarie
I agree and share your approach, occupational disease: software engineer.

You go for boars? My respect - not much room for mistakes. Our uncles have been hunters ever since. We appreciate a good roast wild boar or a roebuck very much (and grandma is a master of their preparation).

Niddatal is unfortunately on the "other side" of Frankfurt - though I have some affinities to this area as my sister once lived in Wölfersheim. And sometimes I land at the Reichelsheim airfield. But Niddatal is still close enough for an occasional visit by car to compare our Grenadiers once that they arrived. I'm curious about your configuration as our price tag seems identical.

You're now my closest Grenadier neighbor. :)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@klarie
I agree and share your approach, occupational disease: software engineer.

You go for boars? My respect - not much room for mistakes. Our uncles have been hunters ever since. We appreciate a good roast wild boar or a roebuck very much (and grandma is a master of their preparation).

Niddatal is unfortunately on the "other side" of Frankfurt - though I have some affinities to this area as my sister once lived in Wölfersheim. And sometimes I land at the Reichelsheim airfield. But Niddatal is still close enough for an occasional visit by car to compare our Grenadiers once that they arrived. I'm curious about your configuration as our price tag seems identical.

You're now my closest Grenadier neighbor. :)
Btw .. sharing the job as well I am also in IT. Roe is somewhat boring except I am looking for a particular one. Boar is a challenge most of the time. However currently I need to do some pest control (racoons - spread like rats ) Since we are quite rigid on these we have some growing number on birds and amphibious animals again. This is another reason for Grenadier. Despite the boot of Disco Sport is quite spacy live catching traps have quite a size and do not fit. I expect to get a bit more room for "stuff"..

There is one onther topic that I d' really like in any vehicle - perhaps I will discuss this with Ineos. Ineos offers outside mounting rails. (like Picatinny on rifles etc) - what I would like is a mounting rail on dashboard inside. to attach communications radio like CB , dashcam, tablet other stuff that might be required temporary.. or permanent. This suction based stuff on Windscreen will go off after a while, cables are disturbing and may fly around in the vehicle on rough underground. .. Does anybody know if a mounting system for additional equipment on vehicle dashboards are already established?

In Aircraft cockpits - (Ineos is a bit of lookalike) there are usually some spare ports where additional navigation instruments, radio, features can be added and they must meet some specs to fit. Something alike for ground based transportation would be nice too..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Christoph,

until now, he was the closest 'known' neighbor ... ;-)

If you guys make an entry into the GRUNT, the things will get visible. :)

PS: This sounds a bit like a meeting on the Ronneburg (or so) once we have got our toys. :)

Reactions: Max

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Btw .. sharing the job as well I am also in IT. Roe is somewhat boring except I am looking for a particular one. Boar is a challenge most of the time. However currently I need to do some pest control (racoons - spread like rats ) Since we are quite rigid on these we have some growing number on birds and amphibious animals again. This is another reason for Grenadier. Despite the boot of Disco Sport is quite spacy live catching traps have quite a size and do not fit. I expect to get a bit more room for "stuff"..

There is one onther topic that I d' really like in any vehicle - perhaps I will discuss this with Ineos. Ineos offers outside mounting rails. (like Picatinny on rifles etc) - what I would like is a mounting rail on dashboard inside. to attach communications radio like CB , dashcam, tablet other stuff that might be required temporary.. or permanent. This suction based stuff on Windscreen will go off after a while, cables are disturbing and may fly around in the vehicle on rough underground. .. Does anybody know if a mounting system for additional equipment on vehicle dashboards are already established?

In Aircraft cockpits - (Ineos is a bit of lookalike) there are usually some spare ports where additional navigation instruments, radio, features can be added and they must meet some specs to fit. Something alike for ground based transportation would be nice too..
Yes, +1 for the welcome… used to live in striking distance of you lot (in Eschborn). To answer your question, in this part of the world we normally just screw RAM mount tracks (https://www.ja-gps.com.au/RAM/rap-track-a9u/) directly to the dash. Haven’t done that in our Disco Sport, though. GPS is hardwired but hangs on the screen, sat phone lives in a cup mount, 2-way handset is velcroed to the binnacle.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
For another dash mount look at Christian & Vera, they live 3 Km from me (i.e. just an hour from you):

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those removable panels (1 x in the overhead panel, 2 x in the dash, if one doesn’t option the heated seats) also look like excellent candidates for a screw-mount RAM base.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@klarie
> Roe is somewhat boring

Not if it comes to eating. :)

The classical way: Roe deer pimped with some wild cranberries, potato dumplings and red cabbage. Mmhhh! (y)

meal2.png

Last edited:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Just a little friendly "manage expectations" note for test driving this car.

I'm not sure how many demonstrators every dealer across the world will get but I know we get one then a month or so later followed by another. As you can well imagine dealers/agents will have 100's of customers who have placed full deposits and £450.00 reservation fees. These customers would be first in line to drive the car for obvious reasons followed by general enquiries.

This isn't to say you wouldn't get a drive in the car early doors but I doubt you'd be able to just roll up and take one out for the day.

It will be a very difficult exercise in managing test drives to start with, this will alleviate in time once dealers/agents receive more cars.

Steve.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'd go to the dealerships responsible or the boss and ask for a Sunday drive. The shops (and thus the dealerships) in Germany are closed on Sundays (by law). So the Grenadiers will likely be standing around in that time.

I'd as well offer a reasonable recompense - e.g. I'd clean the car thoroughly or spend a large box of ice cream for the staff or half a roast boar for the boss or his responsible employee - or whatsoever.

You can not get something worse than a 'no'. Worth a try.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
I'd go to the dealerships responsible or the boss and ask for a Sunday drive. The shops (and thus the dealerships) in Germany are closed on Sundays (by law). So the Grenadiers will likely be standing around in that time.

I'd as well offer a reasonable recompense - e.g. I'd clean the car thoroughly or spend a large box of ice cream for the staff or half a roast boar for the boss or his responsible employee - or whatsoever.

You can not get something worse than a 'no'. Worth a try.
Closed on Sunday's!!

7 day's a week here in the UK! :(

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's Germany.

Back