The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Hesse / Rhine Main Area Germany.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
I agree with you
I think members talking about using the Gren for hunting or fishing is no different to talking about using it for camping, hiking or whatever
It is however a topic that many people are sensitive to so a separate thread and then if you don't want to read about it don't go there.
If you do then go ahead and enjoy the camaraderie
Probably don't show pictures of dead animals though.
I gather the sensitivity is to trophy mentality - let’s avoid a “here’s something I’ve killed” thread.
Well-regulated hunting (eg Germany) is already a different story to inconsistently-regulated hunting (eg Spain) but when you find yourself encountering hunt tourists unabashedly chasing endangered species (eg Mongolia) it leaves a bad taste.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I gather the sensitivity is to trophy mentality - let’s avoid a “here’s something I’ve killed” thread.
Well-regulated hunting (eg Germany) is already a different story to inconsistently-regulated hunting (eg Spain) but when you find yourself encountering hunt tourists unabashedly chasing endangered species (eg Mongolia) it leaves a bad taste.
Agree totally
I like guns for their precision and engineering qualities.
I only use mine at a gun club for target shooting
I love how they are tightly controlled and restricted in Australia

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
I am convinced that the hunters corner will not end up as a gallery of bloody hunting results (no offense intended). I assume that our hunters simply want to report on how they use, equip and handle the Grenadier in their terrain, what special parts and equipment they find interesting for their passion, and of course general topics around hunting and the special kind of mobility it takes for this field.

That's something which even I will find interesting as a non-hunting Grenadier owner.

For more in-depth discussions, hunting forums around the globe are a better place, I think.

Um, and maybe some good kitchen recipes will be revealed as well ...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
I am convinced that the hunters corner will not end up as a gallery of bloody hunting results (no offense intended). I assume that our hunters simply want to report on how they use, equip and handle the Grenadier in their terrain, what special parts and equipment they find interesting for their passion, and of course general topics around hunting and the special kind of mobility it takes for this field.

That's something which even I will find interesting as a non-hunting Grenadier owner.

For more in-depth discussions, hunting forums around the globe are a better place, I think.

Interesting how many members of the forum are into hunting. Whilst I don't participate in deer hunting here in Scotland I have a .223 and shotgun on my farm for vermin control.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed. - I am not interested in topics directly related to hunting - but to me -as @emax already stated IG and perhaps other offroad vehicles are operate on purpose.

I do not know how other countries are related to "off road driving" - In Germany - there is no such thing as "public land" that can be used by everyone.
Most land is owned by farmers used as grass land for cattle, horses, crops, Forest may be owned by private owners but also council, state level or federal companies. Other areas neither used are protected areas for environment. - So no way to enter any of the areas to drive off road w/o special permission and a requirement. So just driving off the road will most certainly result in a hefty fine plus compensation of any damage if so. This could also be the case on "agricultural" paved and unpaved / gravel roads and forestal roads. Farmers may have a legitimate reason, forest companies may have a legitimate reason .. and they get it just temporary for a special job - and last but not least hunters.
So more or less the hunting license - is the only (and still very restricted) permission in Germany to legally drive off road in public. This means you are allowed to drive anywhere in the leased hunting territory - or if you are invited. - But this still means if you have to drive on grass or crops if there is (significant) damage you must compensate.
So the reason to drive off road there means - recovery of game, cut off fallen trees or branches. that inhibit hunting, - and other works related to hunting.
I do not know what it is like in other countries. - But in Germany it is like so.
What I intend to discuss in the new thread is still IG related to equipment, - operations, and needs of those (not just hunters) but anyone who needs a decent offroader for purpose and not as a hobby for itself such as trial, overlanding etc.. but besides of hunting and fishing topics like agricultural, forestry, exploration and construction..
What I also do not want (I am not a trophy hunter anyway) - is pictures of game, prey .. or anything offending..
Perhaps we should discuss the rules of the thread in the respective thread.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yes, agreed - I also find it super interesting and welcome learning more.

Indeed. - I am not interested in topics directly related to hunting - but to me -as @emax already stated IG and perhaps other offroad vehicles are operate on purpose.

I do not know how other countries are related to "off road driving" - In Germany - there is no such thing as "public land" that can be used by everyone.
Most land is owned by farmers used as grass land for cattle, horses, crops, Forest may be owned by private owners but also council, state level or federal companies. Other areas neither used are protected areas for environment. - So no way to enter any of the areas to drive off road w/o special permission and a requirement. So just driving off the road will most certainly result in a hefty fine plus compensation of any damage if so. This could also be the case on "agricultural" paved and unpaved / gravel roads and forestal roads. Farmers may have a legitimate reason, forest companies may have a legitimate reason .. and they get it just temporary for a special job - and last but not least hunters.
So more or less the hunting license - is the only (and still very restricted) permission in Germany to legally drive off road in public. This means you are allowed to drive anywhere in the leased hunting territory - or if you are invited. - But this still means if you have to drive on grass or crops if there is (significant) damage you must compensate.
So the reason to drive off road there means - recovery of game, cut off fallen trees or branches. that inhibit hunting, - and other works related to hunting.
I do not know what it is like in other countries. - But in Germany it is like so.
What I intend to discuss in the new thread is still IG related to equipment, - operations, and needs of those (not just hunters) but anyone who needs a decent offroader for purpose and not as a hobby for itself such as trial, overlanding etc.. but besides of hunting and fishing topics like agricultural, forestry, exploration and construction..
What I also do not want (I am not a trophy hunter anyway) - is pictures of game, prey .. or anything offending..
Perhaps we should discuss the rules of the thread in the respective thread.
Don’t be discouraged by the conversation, please. Looking forward to see how you use the vehicle.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score

Agree completely. I have ordered the 2 seat utility it will be used for wildfowling, rough shooting, vermin control, salmon and sea trout fishing and sea fishing. It’ll be interesting to see how others configure their vehicles.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Yes. I'm really looking forward to the exchange and hope the Gren comes soon and I get closer to the project of hunting from the roof. I will also not post pictures of dead wild animals. But ideas and options to use the Grenadier off-road. And maybe a few recipes...

Back
Top Bottom