The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gear Shifter Aftermarket - Options?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
@MileHigh Asking what it should look like is a great question, and one that's not so easy to answer.

I saw this 1678814188635.png and if the knob was more like the hi/lo lever, it could work. The leather gator could easily be matched to what's already there (or vice versa).

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jees that makes the BMW shifter look good.
Ahhhh, I like the more straightforward functionality. Maybe more ‘T’ Shaped, and maybe there is some better indication of manual mode…

I’ve got a 3D printer, some PC-Carbon fiber filament, a soldering iron, and a horrible over estimation of my abilities…

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That looks pretty cheap and nasty and I assume the knob is 3rd party, but I agree with you on the concept and overall appearance
I’m not crazy about the knobs either, but as a pair the two shifters work well together. Certainly a look more in sync with the Grenadier.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Not to be gauche, but the wrangler has the ZF transmission and it’s auto layout is the more familiar PDNR+/-.

Wife was out of town and I had to drive her X5 with that style ‘controller‘…. Don’t like it, guess I could get used to it.
You won't haha! Aftermarket has 3 buyers so far!

Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Lokar make some great 'retro' looking auto shifters.

I agree, it was a missed opportunity, IG could have really done something quite special in terms of paying homage to the old Series vehicles with some colour coding of shifters (yellow, red and black).

Attachments

• CenterConsole2-1.jpg
    CenterConsole2-1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 18

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
I think the gear shifter works well for the grenadier. Recently rented a BMW x5 on a trip and was surprised how smooth the gear shifter works (it does taking some getting used to for those who don’t know it like me). it fits with the modernity of the vehicle and all that, while the Offroad gear levers take you back to the good old days and even looks it. As for functionality, I think it works extremely well after the initial getting used to period as I found myself mistakingly put the car in reverse or drive when my intention would be to put the opposite gear of it..

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour

Sur ma Peugeot 208 GT Line boite automatique 8 vitesses version 2020, le levier de vitesse ressemblait au modèle Grenadier.

1678866448941.png

Sur le modèle Peugeot 208 GT version 2022, il a été remplacé par un simple "interrupteur" assez surprenant en première approche.

1678866548403.png

A l'usage en conduite urbaine ou sur route, ce système est vraiment pratique et agréable à utiliser. En revanche, en tout terrain, un bon vieux levier me semble plus efficace car tombant mieux sous la main.

À bientôt.

1678866801550.png

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour

Sur ma Peugeot 208 GT Line boite automatique 8 vitesses version 2020, le levier de vitesse ressemblait au modèle Grenadier.

View attachment 7806154

Sur le modèle Peugeot 208 GT version 2022, il a été remplacé par un simple "interrupteur" assez surprenant en première approche.

View attachment 7806155

A l'usage en conduite urbaine ou sur route, ce système est vraiment pratique et agréable à utiliser. En revanche, en tout terrain, un bon vieux levier me semble plus efficace car tombant mieux sous la main.

À bientôt.

View attachment 7806156
I do like that 2nd switch one. It would need to be supplemented with flappy paddles though. But for 99% of the time it would suit me.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Ahhhh, I like the more straightforward functionality. Maybe more ‘T’ Shaped, and maybe there is some better indication of manual mode…

I’ve got a 3D printer, some PC-Carbon fiber filament, a soldering iron, and a horrible over estimation of my abilities…
You're hired, we'll have a batch of 500 units after an initial sample product ;)

Back
Top Bottom