The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gear Shifter Aftermarket - Options?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Bonjour

Sur ma Peugeot 208 GT Line boite automatique 8 vitesses version 2020, le levier de vitesse ressemblait au modèle Grenadier.

View attachment 7806154

Sur le modèle Peugeot 208 GT version 2022, il a été remplacé par un simple "interrupteur" assez surprenant en première approche.

View attachment 7806155

A l'usage en conduite urbaine ou sur route, ce système est vraiment pratique et agréable à utiliser. En revanche, en tout terrain, un bon vieux levier me semble plus efficace car tombant mieux sous la main.

À bientôt.

View attachment 7806156
I think this would have been a great option. A series of buttons to park, drive etc, and then paddles on the wheel, easier to waterproof especially as this (the gear lever) is a single point failure I believe.

It would also free up the real estate to put in a big gulp cup holder.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
We have a jeep JK at home and the shifter works pretty well. Nothing special.

Oh, I will do some research and see if I can keep the aviation theme, going with some kind of throttle or other homage to that aspect of the interior.

Naughty, ( that’s what Siri thinks your name is), tell me more about the color coding.

make some great 'retro' looking auto shifters.

I agree, it was a missed opportunity, IG could have really done something quite special in terms of paying homage to the old Series vehicles with some colour coding of shifters (yellow, red and black).

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
I’m just thankful IA didn’t go this route for a lever …

Attachments

• 214CF28E-D140-49EF-8E2D-C25ABC683E0F.jpeg
    214CF28E-D140-49EF-8E2D-C25ABC683E0F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
The shifter looks completely out of place. As someone said earlier, a parts bin item or afterthought. It also seems like they are shifting their story about why they kept it. If I recall correctly, Sir Jim stated early on that they looked at many designs but it was going to be too expensive in tooling. However, in the last Q&A video the Ineos Rep just said we are proud to be partnering with BMW and have no plans on changing it as if that was their reasoning all along. They have obviously heard this complaint many times and just don't want to deal with it anymore.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The shifter looks completely out of place. As someone said earlier, a parts bin item or afterthought. It also seems like they are shifting their story about why they kept it. If I recall correctly, Sir Jim stated early on that they looked at many designs but it was going to be too expensive in tooling. However, in the last Q&A video the Ineos Rep just said we are proud to be partnering with BMW and have no plans on changing it as if that was their reasoning all along. They have obviously heard this complaint many times and just don't want to deal with it anymore.
I did notice that the NA sales guy mentioned BMW a lot. BMW doesn’t really have an offset, while most of the other higher end SUVs do (Lexus LX/GX, G-wagon, etc). Maybe they are thinking that out of all the gear in the car, the engine/tranny pairing is the most worriesome. And by saying ”Hey, its BMW” they think that they absolve themselves of a lot of anxiety.

Need to talk to a BMW mechanic about the gear selector and what might be special about it. Go to a junk yard and pull one and see what makes it tick? It looks exactly like my wife’s 2014 X5 module…. I wonder if she’d notice…

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
E7CCE2D2-AB9F-495C-8E0C-660480DDE740.png

The upcoming plug in hybrid BMW XM is showing a nice replacement for the grenadier gear selector. At a vehicle starting price of $150k USD, they might be expensive. Who knows? If it’s in the parts bin, it just might work. Or find it’s way naturally into the next model year for Ineos.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Is it the lever or the box of tricks underneath that's so special:
Screenshot_20210715_054242_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
What on earth is this from ? It’s bloody horrible
It is horrible, thought I’d get ousted to to it but it only got worse… it’s my soon to be sold ram rebel 1500

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Is it different for the right hand drives? When I test drove it, you have to press the button with your thumb, but that's on a left hand drive. It would be awkward doing that with your left hand.

Back
Top Bottom