The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Gear Shifter Aftermarket - Options?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
It's fine except manual mode is on the wrong side of the shifter and is crap to use in that mode if you are being serious.
Yeah but it’s a 4wd not a racing car, so you’re not slamming it up and down the gears, just putting it in a gear that suits and changing occasionally.
It’s not made to drive it like a manual in normal on road driving.

Like I said, you’ll get used to it and wonder why you ever thought it was an issue. Or you won’t, depending on how you look at it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
No they don't. The Morgan +4 and +6 and the Toyota Supra use the same shifter. You are in the USA, so your local laws will be different, but to change it for the UK and EU will get you into a mess of liability laws as the gearbox, connections and shifter are all considered as one part for compliance and safety testing. Change one thing and you have to retest the entire vehicle.

In Germany, they can insist that you alter your vehicle back to full TUV compliance or your vehicle can be seized and not released until returned to an approved state.
Germany....:rolleyes:

In the meanwhile, I must admit I got used to that shifter. Still don't like it though. But as already said here, I understand that for the few thousands of Grenadiers a dedicated development may just be not feasible.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score