The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Ladder Frame (?)

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
I think the problems with colored chassis have been pretty well covered. But when brand new, the red chassis does have some "bling". But I don't think it a good idea in a "serious" vehicle like the grenadier: heres a pic from another forum!View attachment 7799322
That hopefully all turns solid mud brown anyways.

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
I think the problems with colored chassis have been pretty well covered. But when brand new, the red chassis does have some "bling". But I don't think it a good idea in a "serious" vehicle like the grenadier: heres a pic from another forum!View attachment 7799322
Seeing this as a finished vehicle as compared to their online configurator is now giving me second thoughts to the red chassis on white body / black roof I ordered, aside from the fact that I’m the only one who ordered a red chassis out of 245 orders as per the dealer.. thanks for sharing…

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Seeing this as a finished vehicle as compared to their online configurator is now giving me second thoughts to the red chassis on white body / black roof I ordered, aside from the fact that I’m the only one who ordered a red chassis out of 245 orders as per the dealer.. thanks for sharing…
Yup: red chassis with a white body might "just" be too much! (unless it will just go to "coffee and cars" meetings....... ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
Seeing this as a finished vehicle as compared to their online configurator is now giving me second thoughts to the red chassis on white body / black roof I ordered
Are there photos?

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Are there photos?

I think this FB group post is the source of the OP photo…

When configuring the gren, my wife and I tried a various combination of options and
Originally I went for th sterling silver, black roof.. the wife did not like the silver as she felt it resembled a tin can (I disagree) and since I do believe a happy wife leads to a happy life, it became sort of a compromise decision (type of wagon, interior and accessories for me to chose) so she landed on the red frame/ black roof / either white or mushroom, I did like it but the red ladder frame has been an ongoing debate. I like it, don’t know if I love it..

I’d love to know If there are any other advantages of having a red frame chassis?

Attachments

• 06BFBE1F-F21F-47C9-A025-F92AA4BFE52B.png
    06BFBE1F-F21F-47C9-A025-F92AA4BFE52B.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 104
  • 20E62277-3629-4DC6-B995-CE8A1A3B7F68.png
    20E62277-3629-4DC6-B995-CE8A1A3B7F68.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 94

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score

When configuring the gren, my wife and I tried a various combination of options and
Originally I went for th sterling silver, black roof.. the wife did not like the silver as she felt it resembled a tin can (I disagree) and since I do believe a happy wife leads to a happy life, it became sort of a compromise decision (type of wagon, interior and accessories for me to chose) so she landed on the red frame/ black roof / either white or mushroom, I did like it but the red ladder frame has been an ongoing debate. I like it, don’t know if I love it..

I’d love to know If there are any other advantages of having a red frame chassis?
Seems like a waste of money to me as it will mostly be covered in dust, dirt mud and road grime.
Unless of course the vehicle only visits the mall for coffee

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Seems like a waste of money to me as it will mostly be covered in dust, dirt mud and road grime.
Unless of course the vehicle only visits the mall for coffee
Your right on the money part..
The gren is intended to be my primary vehicle, regular working week duties and work travel, and an Offroad weekend camper for the most part of the year while I build it up as an overland expedition vehicle over time.
the gren will visit malls for coffee (unavoidable if you have been to dubai before) just like my gsa visits Starbucks right before we venture Offroad or on a tour to oman or Saudi (highly recommend both for Offroad adventures), but no they are not intended to be mall or rock crawlers for that matter.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
I quite like the look of the red chassis, adds another 'difference' to the Grenny.

Perhaps when clean it will make any damage/rust more visible.

But as DaveB says it will be (mine) covered in muck most if not all of the time.

So I saved the monies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Your right on the money part..
The gren is intended to be my primary vehicle, regular working week duties and work travel, and an Offroad weekend camper for the most part of the year while I build it up as an overland expedition vehicle over time.
the gren will visit malls for coffee (unavoidable if you have been to dubai before) just like my gsa visits Starbucks right before we venture Offroad or on a tour to oman or Saudi (highly recommend both for Offroad adventures), but no they are not intended to be mall or rock crawlers for that matter.
Damn
You had me right up until the reference to Starbucks

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I think it looks like a toy car. But that is my personal opinion. Everyone should do what they like!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

I cannot see any advantages , other than keeping your wife happy. That is, if she is happy with the cost.
It is a very personal choice and I don't think it would add to the resale value.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In
My opinion the biggest and maybe only advantage of the red ladder frame are the red towing points at the front and rear.
But I guess there are moderne techniques to change the black ones into red ones as well. I am thinking of varnish and brush…

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I cannot see any advantages , other than keeping your wife happy. That is, if she is happy with the cost.
It is a very personal choice and I don't think it would add to the resale value.
Fair enough, The cost was sort of offset with the choice of the body color the Scottish white is free or not chargeable , whereas any other trim has a value of at least $1k and higher as you get to the popular colors up to $3k almost, at least that’s with the dealer here. I doubt it has any resale value advantage if anything may drop abit due to it being a personal or customized selection rather than the normal

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
In
My opinion the biggest and maybe only advantage of the red ladder frame are the red towing points at the front and rear.
But I guess there are moderne techniques to change the black ones into red ones as well. I am thinking of varnish and brush…
So they confirmed they’re not doing red tow hooks ? I thought they all had that option.. thanks for sharing , those tow hooks in red do look good

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So they confirmed they’re not doing red tow hooks ? I thought they all had that option.. thanks for sharing , those tow hooks in red do look good
All vehicles I saw with a black ladder frame had black tow hooks. The ones with red frames had red ones. So to me it seems to be connected. I never saw an option “red tow hooks” on the configurator neither.
I wouldn’t have chosen them immediately!

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
All vehicles I saw with a black ladder frame had black tow hooks. The ones with red frames had red ones. So to me it seems to be connected. I never saw an option “red tow hooks” on the configurator neither.
I wouldn’t have chosen them immediately!
Yeah that makes sense , but when I was in the dealers showroom in November they at the time confirmed All red tow hooks, however if they’re off the site now in the pictures they maky have gone the other way

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
All the first prototypes had red tow hooks. Has apparently been cancelled. This finally saves 10 Euro production costs per car❕

Local time
Reaction score
I’m ordering a contrast frame, but then I have no interest in resale value as this is a forever truck for me. I’m thinking red to make it easier to tell if I’ve gotten all the nasty salt that Ohio and Michigan use on their roads in the winter. If the manual has torque specs for critical suspension bits I very well may get small yellow or black vinyl cut to label torque next to fasteners to check during each inspection.

All of my race car builds got subframes painted gloss grey for annual inspection and easier tracking of torqued fasteners when work is required.(wax pencil wipes off clean off of gloss grey paint vs the matte black BMW and Porsche are so fond of)

Back
Top Bottom