The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Ladder Frame (?)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
I honestly think where you are in the world will dictate what extras will recoup money on a trade in.

Let’s say in Australia the locking hubs will be more sought after than the windows, however in the UK I think it would be the reverse of that.

Which ever way the general rule of thumb is the more toys are bolted to a vehicle the easier it will sell, whether you will see much return on all those extras is debatable

I think the contrast ladder frame option will be ticked by the person with money to burn who just goes down the options box ticking everything to be honest.

For normal folk then it doesn’t serve any purpose that I can think of.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Agree Shaky.

I started off with the colour contrast ladder on the config but after going back and looking at it a thousand times (!) I thought I was looking at an Emergency vehicle and deleted it.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
If you use the Grenadier only on Sundays and in nice weather, a contrast frame looks nice. But living in Germany with salt on the roads in the winter, you have to protect your frame and underbody with an extra coat of wax. Under this circumstances it would be just a waste of money.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Well there you go. I was working on the theory that the contrast ladder frame referred to the ladder on the back door. I thought that was a waste of money. Now that I know it refers to the ladder frame under the vehicle it becomes even stranger. Unless you only drive on very clean roads and only on dry sunny days it is going to get coated in dust, oil, dirt, mud, snow etc etc.

Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
Our Middle East configurator lacks pricing details so far. May I ask what's the price tag for a red contrast frame in UK/Australia? It looks cute. I am thinking of combining it with a contrast back door. The beauty of the front contrast wrap, however, is questionable.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You could have a look at:

Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, it's very helpful. I didn't realize they would allow to access UK website from Kuwait.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess you can go on every domestic site. The German one is here 😀

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Now that most have locked in their configuration interested in who decided to go with a contrasting colour for their ladder frame. I kept an eye on the build configs that many early config posters outlined, I can’t recall seeing any.

I went the Donney Grey and every now and then I think about a contrast ladder frame in Red, didn’t select it, but with a build slot currently in Jan 2023 I have time to change my mind - has no functional usage, but can‘t help thinking it might looks the goods, splash of bling 🙂

OG.
Figured the red would look more like an undercoat of some kind

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Might be guaranteed to keep the barnacles off.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to spec the contrast frame. Purely practical for me.

Part of good vehicle maintenance is regular inspections, and black frames are very hard to see things on, so rust tends to sneak up on you. Giving it a twice-annual clean and being able to see where rust is developing or where other components may be loose (i.e a plastic clip has failed) will be much easier with a contrast frame.

Living in Canada, with salt and gravel on the roads all the time, this thing will be drowning in Lanolin. Traditionally that makes black frames even more difficult to see things on, but I'm thinking the lanolin on a brighter colour should still provide enough contrast for easy visual inspections.

Also, many car frames have "catch" areas, where dust and grime build up. This grime holds moisture against the frame, exacerbating rust. When you hose the frame off/out, you will see some of this grime flowing out of holes on the frame. That flow will also be easier to see on a contrast frame, so it will tell you what part of the internal frame needs more flushing to get all these moisture traps out.

Looking cool is purely secondary though we all know the red tow hooks make a truck better off road so a red frame might make it unstoppable :D

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thats an interesting view I hadnt thought of re easier to spot rust. Ill be caking mine every 2 years in Dinitrol or something. Dont like the red apart fm the hooks as you say.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking cool is purely secondary though we all know the red tow hooks make a truck better off road

I saw someone report (on here?) that the red tow hooks wouldn't make it to series production?

FB_IMG_1664141917075.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
that would be a shame, though as my wife tells me often when I make a wardrobe faux pas which is at least once a day 'red and green should never be seen' - I'm down for Sela Green and like very much the red hooks.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
i ordered the red ladder with red rear door
I wonder if you will get red recovery points, or the black ones like the rest of us?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if you will get red recovery points, or the black ones like the rest of us?
The red recovery points were also visible in my video. And as I understood the product manager during my test drive, the rendering video is supposed to represent my order.

Back
Top Bottom