The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe 30% of orders messed up in Switzerland - can INEOS Automotive really provide vehicles as requested?

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
The question does not arise. The final payment must have been made before delivery. Otherwise, the vehicle will not be released.
Exactly my reason for asking, given the issues and I doubt the Swiss customers are the only ones, INEOS might have to revise what they expect of customers.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
I would hope they would give you the higher spec vehicle at the price of the lower one you wanted.
In Australia the nappa wheel is standard wheel
Exactly. If they made the mistake, they should eat the difference. If anything, it’s a show of faith in their culpability.

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Ineos guy at the Sydney drive day today, told me they were sorting out quality control issues with all of those finished cars, one at a time, by hand. They’re desperate not to send cars that don’t measure up.
This is really interesting to know what exactly "quality control issues" those finished cars have....???

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
Well I hate being right all the time.

At least three weeks ago I said in a post on here, judging by Ineos handling of this whole thing I wonder how many new customers will walk into the showroom to collect their vehicle only to find it sitting there and bearing no resemblance to what they ordered and the dealer saying just pop round the back, there are loads there and see if you want one of those instead.

If someone wants to find my post feel free, I CBA !

Looks like I called it right, there is not a chance on this planet I will be paying for anything until I have seen my vehicle and checked it over myself. Then I will release the money, if it holds it up by a week I really couldn’t care.

This begs the question, what is going to happen to these vehicles now. I think if I owned Hedin and IA we’re giving me the cold shoulder over all this (as is suggested), I would stick another £10K on the sticker price (the new one) and put them on the forecourt and wait for the impatient brigade to come calling.

I feel sorry for those affected, who have had faith in IA and then been told…back of the queue mate !!

Shocking if 100% correct.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When (hopefully rather than if) I get a call from my UK agent advising the car has landed and will be ready for collection in X days, I will ask him to confirm the vehicle is as per my order of which he sent me a copy. I will ask him to tick off every item and ask him to point out anything different. Then I will have confidence of making a decision to pay or query further.

If Ineos require payment prior to vehicle physically arriving then I'll be speaking to them directly and move on from there depending on how that conversation develops.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
When (hopefully rather than if) I get a call from my UK agent advising the car has landed and will be ready for collection in X days, I will ask him to confirm the vehicle is as per my order of which he sent me a copy. I will ask him to tick off every item and ask him to point out anything different. Then I will have confidence of making a decision to pay or query further.

If Ineos require payment prior to vehicle physically arriving then I'll be speaking to them directly and move on from there depending on how that conversation develops.
So will I do.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure Thatcham had a supply arrangement with Ineos. I thought Thatcham was just a research organisation for the insurance industry. I can’t find anything to suggest they supply alarms.
Yes you're quite right, I hadn't read the email properly, but I'd guess there has been some parts issue there as it seems INEOS is no longer promising Thatcham category 1 which I assume is some kind of anti-theft insurance gold standard.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
A shiver has just gone down my spine after reading Nicklenoff's config issue.

Like many (probably most?) I have made changes to the initial config (when making the reservation).

However, absolutely NONE of the changes are currently reflected in the online portal but, each time, both INEOS & my agent have consistently said to me........"don't worry, all your changes have been recorded and will be reflected in the contract" (which I still don't have even though INEOS have confirmed my car was built on 26 January!!)

If they are not and the car has been produced - then I am out and will not sign the contract.
Yep same here

In conversation with Ineos service agents I’ve got them to send me a copy of the latest pdf from thier system which seems ok.

But time will tell. 😳🤞🤞

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
After reading this I checked my order
The price is back to showing the old pre price increase price
It was showing the changes I made at the new price which was $12K more expensive
It shows all the things I added and the Inky black roof that I removed is not there.
I made the changes at the dealers office on his computer and locked them in.

1676267406517.png1676267591540.png1676267540011.png1676267634690.png

Back
Top Bottom