The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Ladder Frame (?)

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Now that most have locked in their configuration interested in who decided to go with a contrasting colour for their ladder frame. I kept an eye on the build configs that many early config posters outlined, I can’t recall seeing any.

I went the Donney Grey and every now and then I think about a contrast ladder frame in Red, didn’t select it, but with a build slot currently in Jan 2023 I have time to change my mind - has no functional usage, but can‘t help thinking it might looks the goods, splash of bling 🙂

OG.

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
As someone who pays a contrast color on the roof in black (also Donny Grey) in addition may confuse, but the contrast color on the frame I found interesting but for lack of other function such as extended rust protection etc. then sufficiently unnecessary more money.

Perhaps the reason why almost no one has ordered it so far - although it is visually a very attractive but possibly also little timeless contrast.

Maybe someone else can see an advantage besides the visual one.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
A contrast ladder frame may look good as long as it's new and clean.

With more dirt and aging coming, it will emphasize the dirt and aging ...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
I agree with Cavaleiro and emax. Furthermore the laderframe is just one part of the lower parts of the Grenadier. so you would always have an aditional contrast there. In my Opinion it would match if you would have a matching color from the ladderframe and the car. So silver and grey could work.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
I didn't order it, but i can see it being useful when working on the vehicle. A lighter colour frame makes all components attached to it stand out a bit, so when disconnecting brake lines, breathers etc its easier to identify where they all are before dropping an axle for instance

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The grey looks good, both from a visual perspective and the reason stated above ~ which is in part why the prototype ones were painted white.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes ~ but the question is, will you still be saying that when it comes time to value it on a trade in? 😉

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Your config also shows the safari windows open with the rack. I hope that is the case. I don’t care if you can’t remove them but sure would be nice to open them.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The grey looks good, both from a visual perspective and the reason stated above ~ which is in part why the prototype ones were painted white.
I read an Ineos response that the white colour was chosen for engineering prototypes to facilitate the field detection of cracks in the chassis should they occur during rough road "torture testing". To my understanding no cracks were detected (at least visually!!)

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I read an Ineos response that the white colour was chosen for engineering prototypes to facilitate the field detection of cracks in the chassis should they occur during rough road "torture testing". To my understanding no cracks were detected (at least visually!!)
@DenisM you are completely correct with this, the colour was to make it easy to see marks or damage easier.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Yes ~ but the question is, will you still be saying that when it comes time to value it on a trade in? 😉
Ha ha time will only tell on that one, personally I think overhead switch panel and front and rear diff locks will be the first things looked for on a part exchange, this shouldn't be a problem as a very high percentage of people have ordered front and rear diff locks anyway.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do we know if they have some kind of sun blind on the sunroof or not? In OZ, I couldn’t imagine having a sunroof if it doesn’t have something to block out the sun - and tinting isn’t enough.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From the conversations I've had with people it's 50/50 on whether people like them or not to be honest.
They definitely sit in a different group to say the switch pack or diff locks, where people might not need them, or not be willing to pay too much of a premium for them 2nd hand; but I doubt anyone will say they definitely don't want them like some will with the safari windows.

Back
Top Bottom