The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Ladder Frame (?)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I think, but am not certain, that the red and grey chassis powder coating is done over the top of a black finish. So I don't know whether there's a benefit from two coatings or perhaps they all get the black base coat?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
I think, but am not certain, that the red and grey chassis powder coating is done over the top of a black finish. So I don't know whether there's a benefit from two coatings or perhaps they all get the black base coat?
Why do you think so? I thought they just coat it in grey or red instead of black. So there would only be the point that you could see cracks and other failures better on a lighter surface.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why do you think so? I thought they just coat it in grey or red instead of black. So there would only be the point that you could see cracks and other failures better on a lighter surface.
I looked under one, and there were areas around the chassis cross member bolts that had been masked off and they were all black.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
I looked under one, and there were areas around the chassis cross member bolts that had been masked off and they were all black.
If it is so I guess it would have been a good decision to explain that as a extra feature “double coating = mire durable” I woul have chosen an red frame with a second layer of black on it. So I would see any “wound” quite fast.
I didn’t know that it is possible to powder coat in two layers. But it’s obviously not my profession…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it is so I guess it would have been a good decision to explain that as a extra feature “double coating = mire durable” I woul have chosen an red frame with a second layer of black on it. So I would see any “wound” quite fast.
I didn’t know that it is possible to powder coat in two layers. But it’s obviously not my profession…
I was careful in my earlier post to not suggest it was a double powder coating. There does seem to be a difference between the lower black smooth coat and the upper powder coating which was a much rougher finish. I've no idea if the lower coating is powder coating or whether it is equal to the final black powder coating of a standard chassis.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing really new in this press blurb from 12th June 2023, other than the fact that I think it's the first public statement from the new Commercial Director, George Ratcliffe:

There's been talk and photos of delivered vehicles with the Halo red chassis; but has anyone gone for the Rhino grey chassis?

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Nothing really new in this press blurb from 12th June 2023, other than the fact that I think it's the first public statement from the new Commercial Director, George Ratcliffe:

There's been talk and photos of delivered vehicles with the Halo red chassis; but has anyone gone for the Rhino grey chassis?
don't tell the wife, but I did sneak the grey frame in :p

Back
Top Bottom