The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Contrast Ladder Frame (?)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
I think, but am not certain, that the red and grey chassis powder coating is done over the top of a black finish. So I don't know whether there's a benefit from two coatings or perhaps they all get the black base coat?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
I think, but am not certain, that the red and grey chassis powder coating is done over the top of a black finish. So I don't know whether there's a benefit from two coatings or perhaps they all get the black base coat?
Why do you think so? I thought they just coat it in grey or red instead of black. So there would only be the point that you could see cracks and other failures better on a lighter surface.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why do you think so? I thought they just coat it in grey or red instead of black. So there would only be the point that you could see cracks and other failures better on a lighter surface.
I looked under one, and there were areas around the chassis cross member bolts that had been masked off and they were all black.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
I looked under one, and there were areas around the chassis cross member bolts that had been masked off and they were all black.
If it is so I guess it would have been a good decision to explain that as a extra feature “double coating = mire durable” I woul have chosen an red frame with a second layer of black on it. So I would see any “wound” quite fast.
I didn’t know that it is possible to powder coat in two layers. But it’s obviously not my profession…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it is so I guess it would have been a good decision to explain that as a extra feature “double coating = mire durable” I woul have chosen an red frame with a second layer of black on it. So I would see any “wound” quite fast.
I didn’t know that it is possible to powder coat in two layers. But it’s obviously not my profession…
I was careful in my earlier post to not suggest it was a double powder coating. There does seem to be a difference between the lower black smooth coat and the upper powder coating which was a much rougher finish. I've no idea if the lower coating is powder coating or whether it is equal to the final black powder coating of a standard chassis.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing really new in this press blurb from 12th June 2023, other than the fact that I think it's the first public statement from the new Commercial Director, George Ratcliffe:

There's been talk and photos of delivered vehicles with the Halo red chassis; but has anyone gone for the Rhino grey chassis?

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
Nothing really new in this press blurb from 12th June 2023, other than the fact that I think it's the first public statement from the new Commercial Director, George Ratcliffe:

There's been talk and photos of delivered vehicles with the Halo red chassis; but has anyone gone for the Rhino grey chassis?
don't tell the wife, but I did sneak the grey frame in :p

Back
Top Bottom