The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Talk me down from the ledge: Second guessing Donney Gray choice over Sela Green…

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
I had thought I’d get a Sela Green, and then added a white-roof, and was on-board with some white steel rims. When it came time to put in my config, I listened to my wife and got a Donny Gray. Starting to question it, and my build is no where in sight, so I might or might not be able to change it now. My wife thought it was a little too much. There already is a green/white/white IG here in Denver- and I don’t know if that makes me want it more or less. Reports that the Donny gray is darker than people thought gives me pause. have the black and gray leather option right now too.

Planning on an Eiback spring kit and 33in tires. Looking for rock rails with a bit more step function.

How are people liking their Donney Gray?

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
I’m in the exact same spot here! Was all set on Sela Green (no contrasting roof) and then my wife talked me into Donny Grey as she didn’t like the contrast with the door rails. I think the contrast adds to the car, but the green is also almost black in some lighting. For Donny Grey, it’s definitely a metallic black.

My $.02, go with the Green if you go for the classic look (lift without bigger tires, no window tint, etc). Go with the Grey if you want the more modern look. No wrong choices!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I vote Queens Red, that was my first choice, wife and daughter talked me into second choice Magic Mushroom.

GavinD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
Sorry cannot help, I got green with white roof and love it, think it is an excellent version of green.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How does the silver look in person if anyone has seen it?
Very blue in sunlight; the joke on the PTO2 tour was that it was the 4th blue option...

@MileHigh I was pretty set on going Sela w/ white roof; then switched it up at the last minute to Donny w/ white roof. I think Sela is an awesome traditional-ish color/look; Donny is a more modern/less old school feeling, and for me, follows the monochrome/shades of gray look that I've always been a fan of.

Honestly, you can't really go wrong with any of the options... Except the cursed color of Queens Red (despite me liking it); that is a bit of an inside joke from the tour though haha

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very blue in sunlight; the joke on the PTO2 tour was that it was the 4th blue option...

@MileHigh I was pretty set on going Sela w/ white roof; then switched it up at the last minute to Donny w/ white roof. I think Sela is an awesome traditional-ish color/look; Donny is a more modern/less old school feeling, and for me, follows the monochrome/shades of gray look that I've always been a fan of.

Honestly, you can't really go wrong with any of the options... Except the cursed color of Queens Red (despite me liking it); that is a bit of an inside joke from the tour though haha
So you are saying Magic Mushroom was the correct choice and as always, my wife and daughter were correct.

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Donny Grey is darker in the flesh. I really like it though. Looks good either very clean or very dirty. I have seen all colours, the green is nice. But I agree with your wife that it coupled with the white roof might be OTT (my opinion). The Silver would be a very good for practicality. But, it's yours so you should go with your gut.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I vote Sela. Then again I prefer the more classic colors to the gray/black that everyone has here if it isn't a white Tesla.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How does the silver look in person if anyone has seen it?
HI Roadking01, The silver is an interesting color that shifts depending on the light. In the shade it looks like a light silver that is almost flat non-metalllic looking. In the sun it is a beautiful light silver blue metallic. I love the color shifting of it and would have given it more consideration, however I have a light silver 2020 New Defender and thought I would mix it up and go with something a bit different this time.
Here's a couple photos of the Silver so you can see what I mean with the shade vs sun on it. DaBull1 - Sterling Silver in Shade .jpg2 - Sterling Silver in Sun.jpg

Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
The Sterling silver seems to go from bright silver in the sun to almost blue in twilight .
IMG_7733.jpg

Attachments

• Merlin2.jpg
    Merlin2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 19
  • Ribblle1.jpg
    Ribblle1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Local time
Reaction score
HI Roadking01, The silver is an interesting color that shifts depending on the light. In the shade it looks like a light silver that is almost flat non-metalllic looking. In the sun it is a beautiful light silver blue metallic. I love the color shifting of it and would have given it more consideration, however I have a light silver 2020 New Defender and thought I would mix it up and go with something a bit different this time.
Here's a couple photos of the Silver so you can see what I mean with the shade vs sun on it. DaBullView attachment 7841706View attachment 7841708
Thank you .
That is interesting. I’m the reverse, other vehicles are mainly black. Wondered if I should mix it up with thr silver instead of the Donny Grey.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
I have the Donny grey and very happy with it. Doesn’t stop me wondering if I should have opted for other colours depending on what other colour Grenadier’s I see. One way or another, they all seem to look good.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had I not seen it in person, I was set to order the silver. I then saw it in person and was quite glad I did because I wouldn't have been happy. It really shows lots of blue in direct light and just not my shade.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Why is the Queen's Red cursed ?

Back
Top Bottom