The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Talk me down from the ledge: Second guessing Donney Gray choice over Sela Green…

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
YMMV but the Sela green (my color) seems to show more dirt (solid color) but is a beautiful traditional BRG. Really seem like two different vibes, vintage vs more modern. It's all very subjective though. I don't think you can go wrong.

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Another vote for Sela Green with White Roof. That's what I choose.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I’m better now. I did talk to my dealer and got a VIN, but the estimate is June…

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16

TahoeGren

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
This thread is making me think my color choice again. I already have a white, green, and gray vehicle, so those got vetoed and I ordered Sterling Silver. The bluish color shift is worrying me again. Interestingly my wife was looking at Grenadier pictures online and she’s now saying Scottish White, Sela Green, and Queen‘s Red look really nice. Ah choices… in any case I prefer lighter colors as they don’t show as much pinstriping. I would take Scottish White if one becomes available with close enough specs before my order.

Back on topic, both Sela and Donny look nice. I would go with the wife’s preference.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
Its just a mesmerizing colour that changes in varying light but always has a sparkle! 🥰
Truly. They make a wine here in the western slope of Colorado from a locally grown Cabernet Franc grape that, depending on the light, sometimes looks brown, deep purple and black. The first time I saw Queens Red in person, I thought of that unique looking wine.

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Below is my Donny Gray after a full day in the Anza Borrego desert. Only go with the Donny Gray if you like a metallic black, becasue it is much darker than I expected. But, I really like it. We had 13 Grenadiers out for a group trip to the Borrego desert and even after my car was very dirty, I still like the color. The other color that I thought was very good was the magic mushroom becasue it did not show any of the dirt and mud.

Good luck, deciding on a color is the hardest decision.Grenadier in Borrego.jpg

Dus10R

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Donny Grey is damn near black. Can only tell its really dark grey in direct sunlight. In the shade or at night… looks black. IMG_1157.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
with adding a black roof, is there much contrast?
I doubt there would be much contrast in most settings. Perhaps in just the right light you might see some difference. Donny Grey looks black already. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom