The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Thank you, Sir Jim

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 AM
Reaction score
Hey BenTN,

we (my spouse and i) agree with most of the points of your report. And we hope you won't be disappointed the way we were and are.

We had a pick up appointment on December 14, 2023 and the Gren could not be handed over to us: the screen was black (we were told it was fine the day before and during PDI). Three weeks later, IA remotely diagnosed the root cause and told the dealer that the ECU was defective.

No communication since December 14, neither from the dealer nor from IA. We have to keep calling to inquire about the progress of fixing the Gren.

No progress so far. IA can not supply the spare part! They do not have ECU in stock! Dealer told us that IA will try to get an ECU from the production line. TRY? DO! They are giving higher priority to a "Gren to be" than a produced, delivered, payed and registered one waiting at the dealer for a repair? That is so poor!

I don't know if SJR is aware or even knows a trickle about what is going on. But IA does not seem to care about their customers and their dealers. As soon as a Gren is sold, they cut off communication. Except for advertising like "get a discount on select items" like t-shirts and stuff like that. Thank you IA.

Our anticipation began to wane on December 14 and is pretty much gone now.

And there is one major and growing concern. The root cause of the black screen was the defective ECU. But what was the cause of the defective ECU? No one will ever investigate this root cause, i'm afraid.
Hello @BenTN ...
I agree with almost everything.
The car is my dream and the most expensive one I ever bought!
And thanks to Jim R.

But I agree with IGL:
Ineos Automotive is crap in "customer care" ... you buy the car, and unless you are important for their marketing, they leave you in complete darkness if you have issues ... I am a little bit exaggerating, but not that much.
But I have to admit, at least in my case, apart from a loose bolt, most issues are not critical, but quite annoying.

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi Chadd
I don’t think you were offensive. I found your comment good fun. We shouldn’t take ourselves seriously all the time.
I enjoyed Bens words and sentiments. I agreed with virtually all of it, but I could also imagine my friends taking the p..s out of me for writing such heartfelt words.

Well, I'm the friend who rode along with BenTN for the pick up, knowing way too much about cars but virtually nothing about the Grenadier before that day. Only what he had blathered on about for months (sarcasm). I can assure you that his eloquent post was somewhat of a rarity and he doesn't take himself too seriously very often at all. I think he was writing his way out of his uncontrollable boy's anticipation of a new toy. It works, and it worked. I've done it too.

Rarely does a day go by lately when I don't do my due diligence taking the piss out of him for his geeking out on this fine steed. Just the other day he was going on about having an opportunity to finally drop it in 4 low and of course my response was "that thing has 4 low?"

Seriously, it's a fantastic vehicle. Quirky, solid, memorable, unique. I can say one thing literally and absolutely. It's the best off the shelf offroader I've ever had the privilege to ride in or drive. The second we left pavement, about 50 miles after pick up, I knew this thing was different.

Enjoy your new wheels, fellas.......

Back
Top Bottom