The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any contracts signed in 2023?

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
We are nearly two weeks into 2023, has anyone been offered and signed a contract this year?
I am told by my dealer that contracts are being slightly amended so they were not issued in late 2022 awaiting the lawyers to agree the changes. Furthermore they tell me that my build will be in early February but without a final signed contract, I will be surprised (but happy!) if this timing is achieved!
Many thanks,
John

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
We are nearly two weeks into 2023, has anyone been offered and signed a contract this year?
I am told by my dealer that contracts are being slightly amended so they were not issued in late 2022 awaiting the lawyers to agree the changes. Furthermore they tell me that my build will be in early February but without a final signed contract, I will be surprised (but happy!) if this timing is achieved!
Many thanks,
John
Still being told contract arrival and production date still both in Jan. It remains an emotional up and down hoping for no summer without vehicle…

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At a guess, the main issue is that individual contracts will have to pull bespoke data from other parts of their IT system(s). If they've been tweaking that, then the back end interface to generate the personal contracts can't be run or will have been tested last.

My contract appears to have pulled two registration fees into the OTR costs, others seem just to have one. So that needs resolving.

If the Belgian, Swiss, Scandi customers are now dealing via an importer/dealer then that's a major piece of work to configure their contract accordingly or maybe suppress contracts entirely if Hedin are to do their own.

Have someone actually proof read the T&Cs and amend appropriately, e.g., remove the requirement to have read the Owner's manual.

My contract includes multiple references to INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH. I have no idea why they are there, other than the document being used as the base contract originated within that company and all references have not been removed.

Then to add a further tier of complexity, add multiple languages, legal differences between markets.

And then there's the fact they are dealing with SAP. There are no easy fixes to such a beast of a system.

I bet there's someone within the company saying just give me an excel spreadsheet and I'll do a mail merge; and the fallback position is the agent will complete a pro-forma contract, self carboning in triplicate which you will sign when you go to collect your vehicle.

View attachment 7800307
Does it really need to be much more or just "built for purpose"?
Well described and well said!

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
Many thanks,
John
Still waiting for sign contract 🫤

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
Many thanks,
John
Yep, I signed in November, vehicle is in production right now.

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer called me yesterday Friday, the contract was sent to me on Monday, I have a delivery date for the first quarter of 2023, probably the beginning of April.

What should I expect a 14-page contract,…

Adding to what was said by the DCPU in Spain, each province has an autonomous section of the circulation tax, in some 14.75% is paid, in others 16.00% in other circumstances there are exemptions,... it is not an easy task.

Fortunately, it seems that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yesterday he told me that 14 IG are coming to Spain in the first quarter, and that they are all for customers, that theirs still do not have a manufacturing date, that they have two static units of the production model on display but that cannot be registered,...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the Belgian, Swiss, Scandi customers are now dealing via an importer/dealer then that's a major piece of work to configure their contract accordingly or maybe suppress contracts entirely if Hedin are to do their own.

And then there's the fact they are dealing with SAP. There are no easy fixes to such a beast of a system.
I bet there's someone within the company saying just give me an excel spreadsheet and I'll do a mail merge; and the fallback position is the agent will complete a pro-forma contract, self carboning in triplicate which you will sign when you go to collect your vehicle.
Yes, Hedin made me sign a "Hedin contract".

I was involved in the implementation of SAP with the Belgian Railways, not as an SAP expert, but as an external "Maintenance Management Expert". I used SAP in the test drives. Very very powerful and versatile, but, at some point I knew better what the Maintenance (PM, from Plant Maintenance) module was able to do and be configured to, than the "young" SAP-PM maintenance experts. We sometimes were in complete disagreement how it had to be implemented, and they took the final decision. The maintenance teams were not very happy with the final results, but my power was limited to "advice". Listening to the needs of the users is the key of the success of the SAP implementation, but often there is NO time!

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
If you're waiting for a contract, Monday 16th would be a good day to check your inbox (y)
Yes that's what Jardine's Colchester told me too, I just hope that this time it actually arrives, unlike 27th October, 7th, 14th and 28th November and of course 5th December, all "Contract Arriving dates" according to Ineos support but alas still waiting waiting waiting, I'm guessing even they must get it right one time !! [ but equally anticipating delivery soon [ish]

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why 🫤?

Anecdotally, we know it plays no part in assigning vehicles into production currently.
I guess without signed contract they don’t hand over the car 😉
And it was promised since September 22 first delivery date
From Sept til now there real no communication from IG side 🫤

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hm. If the cars are there but have no production date yet, they do legally not exist.

Does that mean that I can drive one under the radar without taxes and insurance - let alone with a deleted DPF ...? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom