The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any contracts signed in 2023?

Woody

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
I just spoke with IA online and was told those with builds months Jan/Feb/Mar should be receiving contracts this week. I am not holding my breath, given what others have been told and then nothing, but it is a small glimmer of hope.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
I'll try something else ...

Ineos is a fantastic company, the Grenadier website is amazing, I get timely updates, they answer all my questions 😀

Now, for sure, I am on top of the queue and I will get a phone call tomorrow that my Grenadier will be delivered on Thursday :cool:

Last edited:

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even my Ineos Oracle told me: This week contracts for build january, next week build february…. Still my car on build date 02/23, delivery 6-8weeks later…. Looks like final track

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Even my Ineos Oracle told me: This week contracts for build january, next week build february…. Still my car on build date 02/23, delivery 6-8weeks later…. Looks like final track
Let’s hope your Ineos oracle has got it right. That’ll mean a contract for me next week. 🤞🏼

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well that sounds better than someone on one of the FB groups who seems to have had his deposit returned...
Me too, I already explained in some other thread: Ineos did it for all customers of countries where they have a global retailer/importer for the country, but I have to forward the money to my retailer. As far as I know this hasn't any impact on your place in the production queue.

Last edited:

SoLu

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
…meanwhile in Austria, what seems to be happening to Austrian based customers, I just received an email from my appointed ‘importer’ located near Graz that INEOS seems to have recently classified Austria as a ‘special case’ and therefore they now have no idea when contracts will be issued nor build dates confirmed.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Austria’s recently revised NoVA tax and CO2 emissions tax, which is rumoured to add up to 45% to 47% to the Grenadier’s sales price.

If this turns out to being reality, I guess INEOS will simply abandon the Austrian market. Ironic really, as this is the country where the Grenadier was truly conceived.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, here we are at the end of yet another week and the promised contract has still not arrived.
I had a call from my helpful Dealer on Monday with the “Heads up” that it wasn’t going to arrive that day but should be here this week.
The time now in the UK is 18:45 and no contract…
Has anyone received a contract in 2023 yet? The production system seems to be running, there are comments that vehicles are being built regardless of contract, if so the time between contract and delivery may be short - if so many of us will be happy!
Ineos have achieved so much is a relatively short space of time and must be congratulated on all that they have achieved but one point that they haven’t managed to do well is Communication…

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, here we are at the end of yet another week and the promised contract has still not arrived.
I had a call from my helpful Dealer on Monday with the “Heads up” that it wasn’t going to arrive that day but should be here this week.
Has anyone received a contract in 2023 yet? The production system seems to be running, there are comments that vehicles are being built regardless of contract, if so the time between contract and delivery may be short - if so many of us will be happy!
Ineos have achieved so much is a relatively short space of time and must be congratulated on all that they have achieved but one point that they haven’t managed to do well is Communication…

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep same here, couldn’t have put it better myself.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There has been a “hold fire/STOP” on sending contracts out for the moment.

The central team and production plant is working out a plan to address the situation as we speak to see exactly what can be produced ad shipped.

We’ll have a clearer idea earlier next week.

In addition to this there will be a direct communication sent to customers next week so they are clear on the situation.

Last edited:

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There has been a “hold fire/STOP” on sending contracts out for the moment.

The central team and production plant is working out a plan to address the situation as we speak to see exactly what can be produced ad shipped.

We’ll have a clearer idea earlier next week.

In addition to this there will be a direct communication sent to customers next week so they are clear on the situation.
Thanks, do you know what the issue is, this seems to have rumbled on for a long time with “promised” dates not being adhered to?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, but, "as you are perhaps (probably?) the whistleblower" to Ineos, please tell them to be honest and clear.
In the past, on the Belgian Railways, when you were sitting in a train who had to stop for an (for the crew) unknown reason, they didn't communicate anything to the passengers as long as they had no information. Once I sat on a train for more than an hour, and then suddenly the train continued it's trip! Very frustrating!

Now at least, they tell us: "we have to stop for a red light and we don't know why". That's better than nothing.

But I can't believe Ineos can't give an explanation, even if the delays are their own fault. Most "humans" accept mistakes. They don't accept silence, lies, blaming the other, ...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave for sharing the commmunication.
Surely though “hold fire /stop” on the contracts would first require them to be actively “firing off” the contracts to their clients.
It’s hard to stop something that hasn’t really started.
I think you will find quite a few people on here and many more not on here have signed their contracts

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, but, "as you are perhaps (probably?) the whistleblower" to Ineos, please tell them to be honest and clear.
In the past, on the Belgian Railways, when you were sitting in a train who had to stop for an (for the crew) unknown reason, they didn't communicate anything to the passengers as long as they had no information. One I sat on a train for more than an hour, and then suddenly the train continued it's trip! Very frustrating!

Now at least, they tell us: "we have to stop for a red light and we don't know why". That's better than nothing.

But I can't believe Ineos can't give an explanation, even if the delays are their own fault. Most "humans" accept mistakes. They don't accept silence, lies, blaming the other, ...
I have told them that

Back
Top Bottom