The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA: Insurance

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
Who's shopped around and what have you found? I know it's location dependent but should still give an idea. I'm in Houston, Tx and my LR Discovery TD6 is about $2k/yr. Nothing on my record. Hoping this thing isn't insane.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think insurance premiums will also depend on the geography of your address - inner city less as more frequently traveled on maintained roads VS. country/ mountain areas higher where off roading more likely. This occurred to me when moving from Piedmont of NC to the NC Mountains.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think insurance premiums will also depend on the geography of your address - inner city less as more frequently traveled on maintained roads VS. country/ mountain areas higher where off roading more likely. This occurred to me when moving from Piedmont of NC to the NC Mountains.
WOW. Is that a big branch? I'm sure houston will be higher but that's still a great deal.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
WOW. Is that a big branch? I'm sure houston will be higher but that's still a great deal.
So humorous you have a Discovery TD6 - I have a 96 5 sp manual (Series 1 or 2 ??). ~$300/6 months now in the Blue Ridge Mts but closer to $200 if I still lived in the flat lands of the Piedmont of NC. And I have been with State Farm ~30 yrs.
Agree, $100/month for Nashville is great!! Wonder what company that is with.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
So humorous you have a Discovery TD6 - I have a 96 5 sp manual (Series 1 or 2 ??). ~$300/6 months now in the Blue Ridge Mts but closer to $200 if I still lived in the flat lands of the Piedmont of NC. And I have been with State Farm ~30 yrs.
Agree, $100/month for Nashville is great!! Wonder what company that is with.
State Farm

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m in CT and got $170/month from State Farm and $200/month from Cincinnati. Geico wanted $3600 for the year.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
I got a quote for $2300 from Travelers, for a year.

Edited: added length of time

Last edited:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I got a quote for $2300 from Travelers, for a year.

Edited: added length of time
Travelers is a damn good insurance company. It is the insurance company of choice for the well healed. Travelers really takes care of their insured.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we have a member affiliated with State Farm - I wonder if he can help. It's tough though because every state probably has its own rules and regs and who can actually write the policy even though it would still be SF.

unimogfrog

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
State Farm wanted $3K/Yr versus Costco which was $950/Yr -
I'm seeking an insurance quote in California, good suggestion but seems Costco is NOT writing any NEW policies in California according to their Insurance website.
I am still looking, the Grenadier being a new vehicle is not in the VIN # database system that insurance companies use for vehicle ID and info.
This is a bit discouraging so far, my agent is still hunting for a solution.

Attachments

• costco.jpg
    costco.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom