The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Grenadier Fence in Brisbane

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Guess its one of things you either like or dont.

Dave - Did you get the factory window tint? Is it that ceramic / heat reflecting tinting or do you need to do that as well?
I got the factory heat resistant tinted glass for all the rear windows and had the dealer organise the front two windows and safari windows locally.
1709185792557.png

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I borrowed a Grenadier today for a drive (thank you very much) that I am pretty sure was just a pretty standard base wagon.

Completely different vehicle to mine so much quieter inside. I thought it was a petrol/gas version at first.
I can hear the diffs and get more sound through the open or closed safari windows.
I commented at the time that it was like driving an SUV not a 4WD. Not a bad thing but not what I want.

It had carpet, no diff locks, no extra wiring, no privacy/heat resistant glass or window tinting, no bars except aftermarket side steps, cloth seats, K02 tyres (thankfully not the standard road tyres or it would have been a complete failure).
Big one for me was no Safari Windows.

I would not have even thought about purchasing one if this was the first vehicle I drove.

The roof felt low, dark and bland/characterless without the safari windows.
The roof switch panel was bare with no diff lock switches or last row of switches.
As was the lower panel without the seat heater dials. (i don't particularly want the seat heaters)

Clear window glass looked strange.

I hated the cloth seats and they would need seat covers immediately. (as I guess many will do)
No bull bars or side bars just looked bare.
Also the lack of L track along the side and in the boot looked strange.

I guess if someone had full intentions to use it as a base, and planned to do lots of modification, it would be a great place to start. (Except why would you choose carpet???)
So this was pretty much the vehicle I was driving

View attachment 7844896View attachment 7844897View attachment 7844898View attachment 7844899

The great thing about the Grenadier is that you can choose a lot (Except in US/Canada it seems) so we don't have to squeeze into what a dealer/marketing person chose for us.

Obviously I am biased and absolutely love mine.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rLlLfAcESmM

View attachment 7844900View attachment 7844902View attachment 7844903View attachment 7844904View attachment 7844905View attachment 7844906

Lucky we all get to pick and choose exactly what we want o suit our tastes, needs and wants.
I had the use of the same vehicle today for a few hrs while mine was in for the s/w upgrade.
I noted the "sela green" vehicle had the upgraded s/w. It drove pleasantly enough and I also commented to the Service Manager on the smoothness of the diesel engine. It had about 37xx km on the odo.and the VIN was 28xx.
I collected my vehicle mid afternoon with the upgraded S/W. On the drive home I immediately noticed the engine appeared to be less 'harsh '.
Does anybody know what all the s/w fixes were/are in ver.xxxxxx1946 esp. in respect of engine tuning?

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
So after 14 pages of discussion it looks like the O/P decided to stick with his old Defender.

To the O/P

l can see why that would be, if you have had the 110 since 2005 it's effectively part of the family.

Think of the adventures you've shared, places you've seen.
You can't get rid of that old 110, it would be a travesty.
Keep taking the vehicle into the bush. But get a spare ECU, as they are beginning to fail now and you won't get that going if it fails in the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom