The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA: Insurance

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
I'm seeking an insurance quote in California, good suggestion but seems Costco is NOT writing any NEW policies in California according to their Insurance website.
I am still looking, the Grenadier being a new vehicle is not in the VIN # database system that insurance companies use for vehicle ID and info.
This is a bit discouraging so far, my agent is still hunting for a solution.
Actually the insurance company should review Carfax for the VIN then they can input the info from there.

unimogfrog

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Actually the insurance company should review Carfax for the VIN then they can input the info from there.
Thanks for the suggestion but they don't seem to work that way. I have spoken to 7 or 8 companies today... so far no one will write a policy, but I am NOT giving up.

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Odd…I talked to several (Allstate and Geico were the only ones that quoted) and they used the VIN and the MSRP to come up with numbers.

unimogfrog

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Odd…I talked to several (Allstate and Geico were the only ones that quoted) and they used the VIN and the MSRP to come up with numbers.
Thanks...good info, when I attempted to get a quote on the Geico website, thw Grenadier or Ineos doesn't exist.. so perhaps I should Call them instead.

unimogfrog

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
State Farm quoted me $794 for a 6-month policy in Florida. Our insurance rates have exponentially increased over the past two years.
I’ll check with State Farm too. California has an ongoing Insurance problem with Home and Auto, our rates are extremely high and many companies are not
writing any new business out here going forward, but State Farm may be an option, thanks.

Last edited:

Got Coffee?

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll check with State Farm too. California has an ongoing Insurance problem bit Home and Auto, our rates are extremely high and many companies are not writing any new business out here going forward, but State Farm may be an option, thanks.
It would be very interesting to see what type of rate differences we see across the country. My deductibles are $250 so maybe that could factor? Not sure.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NJM just quoted me $1.700 for a year - I'll be shopping around for certain.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why so cheap??
Not sure - but I have a clean license and the truck will not be my primary vehicle. The coverage is pretty maxed out as far as I can tell.

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My Trialmaster goes into production this week and I reached out to Geico who I have had for over 20 years. They quoted me $1,574 for 6 months which at 58 and a stellar driving record, education, etc makes no sense. The quote was issued without a VIN and was based on the MSRP of $85,100. I don't believe it will affect my choice of vehicles but may have me rethinking my insurance carrier.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Trialmaster goes into production this week and I reached out to Geico who I have had for over 20 years. They quoted me $1,574 for 6 months which at 58 and a stellar driving record, education, etc makes no sense. The quote was issued without a VIN and was based on the MSRP of $85,100. I don't believe it will affect my choice of vehicles but may have me rethinking my insurance carrier.
Hopefully that is in Pesos.;)
I was just quoted and obtained insurance through State Farm for $1282.09 per 6 months with a $2000 deductible for a kitted out Trialmaster. DaBull

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at what they quoted me it would be my "new premium" which includes the two vehicles we presently own. The difference is still pretty high, roughly $178. per month. I'll look at the coverages and see if I am missing something.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
State Farm in Illinois quoted me $569 each 6 months. So $1,150 per annum and that is full coverage and quite extensive with a multi car discount as all my 5 cars are with them. Not bad as this is the same price we pay for our 2019 Merc GLS 450

Back
Top Bottom