The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Insurance Data Point

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Insurance is tricky. All insurance companies have algorithms and it’s hard to find out why they’re quoting numbers that they’re quoting. My situation is I am married, in my 60s, retired, largely self insured, bundle with two other cars, house and umbrella personal liability policy, and will probably hand over a check to my dealer. I’ve had Allstate for the last 15 years and with my VIN, the first quote was around $1500 per six months with a deductible of $1000. I ask him to go to 2000 deductible and dropped under insured motorist, towing and car rental. That dropped the six month premium to around 1100. I live in St. Louis city where there are lots of Kia and Hyundai being stolen and so rates are high. I called State Farm, who were much more reasonable, at around $650 per six months. The final quote came from AAA, which was the best of all. See attachment:
View attachment 7845773
AAA requires one membership per household, which is roadside assistance, and the basic membership is on sale for $49/year (50% off for a few months, see website).

These quotes can be manipulated by decreasing deductible and decreasing coverages from the 250/500k level. Spend some time with the insurance company quoter to find out how you can get the quote cost down to a reasonable level.
Ouch!

Bigstein

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
Had my Farmers agent quote me, and he was reluctant to tell me the quote. He said I needed to look elsewhere. He is a long time buddy and finally told me they wanted $2400/6 month. What a joke. So now on the hunt for more quotes. Farmers seems to be 1 step from pulling out of the Texas market for all the loses they have had over the last several years. But until then, they are trying to claw back money in increases. Never had a claim with them, home or auto.

Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
I tried to use the AAA online app but it gave me a stupid high premium. Then AAA called me and we worked through a fairly good solution.

Back
Top Bottom