The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow Package install - Software Update

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
I have an odd story. I just called my dealer (Knauz) to schedule the appointment to get the receiver installed and they told me that they had to order the parts! I thought they removed the parts from my vehicle at the dealership and had them stored to reinstall when they got approval. Seems that, if that should be the case, mine have gone somewhere else which I am not happy about.

Anyone else experience this issue?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
I have an odd story. I just called my dealer (Knauz) to schedule the appointment to get the receiver installed and they told me that they had to order the parts! I thought they removed the parts from my vehicle at the dealership and had them stored to reinstall when they got approval. Seems that, if that should be the case, mine have gone somewhere else which I am not happy about.

Anyone else experience this issue?
The part (the hitch itself) wasn't removed at the dealer, it was removed at the port; the dealers then held on to those parts for reinstallation later (now).

They shouldn't have to order anything...

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
For the checker plates, was that added after the fact or with your build? Mind sharing the cost? I'm worried the labor is going to be wild if I want to add them.
Confirmed that my dealer didn't charge for the checker plate install or the tow hitch to be re-installed. The only thing I had to pay for was the Oil change that I requested to flush out the break-in fluids. Not saying this will be everyone else's case but another reason I am glad I went though Sewell Ineos TX.
IMG_5668.jpgIMG_5669.jpgIMG_5663.jpgIMG_5664.jpg

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm seriously planning on installing mine. Unless they lower their price significantly.
If I decide to get them (I really am on the fence) I would install myself too for that sum. That's a but crazy IMO.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome work Mopar! Man those Mass license plates are beautiful! Cali plates are dull - except when you have to pay for the nicer ones :)

BTW - they offer veteran's discount from Leitner Designs and www.urbanautomotiveusa.com.
Yeah we have to pay for extra them as well. They don’t call it Taxachusetts for nothing.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying!!! :)
So the first hour of labor is properly angling the vehicle into the bay... After accounting for sun (and moon) position, and ensuring no vibes are being harshed, the technician may continue...

Back
Top Bottom