The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow Package install - Software Update

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Towing feature 'free of charge'. Does this mean including the installation cost normally charged by the dealer?
The tow hitch is a factory installed piece, so there is no installation charge.

Since there were a number of early deliveries in which the hitch piece had to be removed prior to sale of the vehicle, Ineos incurred a cost for that; they are also obviously covering the cost of reinstallation (just like no one is paying a dealer for the reflash). For vehicles that ordered the hitch, but had to be delivered with it temporarily removed, the price of that option was removed from the sales price, thus you got it for free.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a feeling this was going to happen. I trusted the dealer, sales guy, and messaging from Ineos. And now am kicking myself.

Spring break is next week and I don’t have a vehicle to put the boat in the water…I guess I could rent a vehicle for a day, but this was supposed to be weeks, not months, and now it’s starting to get close to 3 months. The warmer it gets, the more the family will speak up too.

C’mon Ineos…don’t ruin my summer.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
The tow hitch is a factory installed piece, so there is no installation charge.

Since there were a number of early deliveries in which the hitch piece had to be removed prior to sale of the vehicle, Ineos incurred a cost for that; they are also obviously covering the cost of reinstallation (just like no one is paying a dealer for the reflash). For vehicles that ordered the hitch, but had to be delivered with it temporarily removed, the price of that option was removed from the sales price, thus you got it for free.

Wonderful. I'm getting mine for free I hope, which should be arriving with a week or so. Thanks much!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wonderful. I'm getting mine for free I hope, which should be arriving with a week or so. Thanks much!
If you're getting your truck in a week, it'll have the hitch installed, and won't be free
Spring break is next week and I don’t have a vehicle to put the boat in the water…
Call your dealer next week, they may have good news for you

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you're getting your truck in a week, it'll have the hitch installed, and won't be free

Call your dealer next week, they may have good news for you

Thanks. Still hoping. That's still $800! I can take my wife to dinner every week for the next two months!!!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. Still hoping. That's still $800! I can take my wife to dinner every week for the next two months!!!
I don't want to crush those hopes, but as @andand said and as I can verify (because I received my truck with the hitch in tact), you will not receive the $800 savings.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't want to crush those hopes, but as @andand said and as I can verify (because I received my truck with the hitch in tact), you will not receive the $800 savings.

Thanks much Krabby :) At least I don't have to worry about that one.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To those awaiting the software update for the tow module.... Give your dealers a call, they may just have some good news for you

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s been over 3 months now since the first US deliveries. I find it unacceptable at this juncture for Ineos to have not resolved this for the initial customers, especially given recent orders with the tow hitch option are now being delivered fully functional to those customers.

This makes no sense to me that Ineos dealers are not contacting and scheduling the fix by now!
This may not be the Ineos dealers fault, but in my opinion it’s very poor customer service from Ineos to the initial buyers who opted the tow hitch on their order.

Doesn’t make a $93k+ purchase feel good…
I concur getting pissed off now also with the lack of communication.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just contacted my dealer rep in Pasadena and she knew nothing about the hitch or software update being ready. She said she would check on Monday but wasn't aware of any news.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just contacted my dealer rep in Pasadena and she knew nothing about the hitch or software update being ready. She said she would check on Monday but wasn't aware of any news.
That’s a 10/4 from Florida as well

Back
Top Bottom