The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow Package install - Software Update

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the "Speed clicker fixed" statement? Did the update permanently disable it?
Approaching 1k miles. I thought that once you shut that off it was off. After a few restarts, it reset back to going off, clicking away when I violate the law! Here’s the truly sad part—I actually am beginning to embrace the damn thing.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Approaching 1k miles. I thought that once you shut that off it was off. After a few restarts, it reset back to going off, clicking away when I violate the law! Here’s the truly sad part—I actually am beginning to embrace the damn thing.
The setting does not stay persistent after a full system shut down

Manzino

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got my tow hitch installed this week. The software update that came with it was just an update for the tow hitch, nothing else, and I was told there is no other software update at this time.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I got my tow hitch installed this week. The software update that came with it was just an update for the tow hitch, nothing else, and I was told there is no other software update at this time.
Just to understand,
You cannot install a receiver hitch privately without a software upgrade performed by a dealer at this time?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to understand,
You cannot install a receiver hitch privately without a software upgrade performed by a dealer at this time?
If you buy the hitch itself (the hardware) you can absolutely install it yourself. The software update is for the trailer module (the OEM module that handles the electronics for the trailer).

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If you buy the hitch itself (the hardware) you can absolutely install it yourself. The software update is for the trailer module (the OEM module that handles the electronics for the trailer).
that confuses things more.

let me try again.

What purpose does the dealer reprogramming serve?

It is made to sound like you cannot just splice in a 4 flat connector (NA units) and have lights for your Jetski trailer.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
that confuses things more.

let me try again.

What purpose does the dealer reprogramming serve?

It is made to sound like you cannot just splice in a 4 flat connector (NA units) and have lights for your Jetski trailer.
The initial programming had an issue with the configuration of trailer outputs on the 7 pin connector.

Those vehicles that did not order the factory hitch option do not have that control module

Back
Top Bottom