The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow Package install - Software Update

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
Okay so this is really interesting. I was still getting to the ADAS menu from my favorite and it was defaulting to on every time. So I just turned it off. But it looks like the speed warning is a new addition which allows you to choose a selectable speed at which the warning will go off. When you select that speed it only dings one time, or as has been noted, it can be defaulted to off.1000012754.jpg1000012755.jpg

The ADAS menu now appears to be hidden & you are unable to set a settings page as a favorite.

Last edited:

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These kinds of responses from dealers really sours the excitement of customers, especially when it simply isn't rooted in any sort of fact.
It has to be the most ridiculous response I've seen from a dealer. Can't imagine what service would be like.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Okay so this is really interesting. I was still getting to the ADAS menu from my favorite and it was defaulting to on every time. So I just turned it off. But it looks like the speed warning is a new addition which allows you to choose a selectable speed at which the warning will go off. When you select that speed it only dings one time, or as has been noted, it can be defaulted to off.

The ADAS menu now appears to be hidden & you are unable to set a settings page as a favorite.
What’s the highest setting? Looks like it’s based on speed? How does it work for 25mph vs 70mph limits? I’m glad this got traction enough for a change. It was going to limit sales (at least in the US). I’m glad I won’t have to have my favorite button replaced under warranty due to overuse.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We need to check for 3 different software versions.
1-people who got their trucks with the hitch removed but not yet updated
2-people who got their trucks with the hitch removed and got updated
3-people who got their trucks with the hitch from day 1

Edit-North American vehicles

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of additional interest - I drove from Burke, VA to Dewey Beach Delaware today and noticed that there were a LOT fewer alerts from the system.

I seem to have lost the current speed limit indicator, but I guess that's acceptable.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Okay so this is really interesting. I was still getting to the ADAS menu from my favorite and it was defaulting to on every time. So I just turned it off. But it looks like the speed warning is a new addition which allows you to choose a selectable speed at which the warning will go off. When you select that speed it only dings one time, or as has been noted, it can be defaulted to off.View attachment 7849379View attachment 7849380

I had the software update and hitch install Thursday. I still have the on-screen speed limit indicator and ADAS seems to operate as before. I also had to reset ADAS as the Favorite.

Tomorrow I’ll check the screens you posted above.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the software update and hitch install Thursday. I still have the on-screen speed limit indicator and ADAS seems to operate as before. I also had to reset ADAS as the Favorite.

Tomorrow I’ll check the screens you posted above.
Definitely check the software version you're running and report back!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely check the software version you're running and report back!
I have SW0000000690002070.

I set the speed warning to 75mph. But I still have access to the ADAS menu via favorites.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Low oil warning etc. My dealer told me there is no dip stick only to be advised by a garage friend that the dip stick is hidden and black so it cannot been seen easily.
Can you ask your garage friend where this is? You would be a hero on the forums.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
Can you ask your garage friend where this is? You would be a hero on the forums.
check out the BMW Technical Training doc. re. the B58 engine here: https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...-technical-training.12410509/#post-1333129841 courtesy of @globalgregors .

No dipstick was incorporated in the petrol version of the "B5x" engines...B58 being petrol and B57 the diesel. They share a common architecture. The B57 has a dipstick but due to the use of two different sump designs for the B57, depending on the application, the dipstick will show the presence of oil but not necessarily the correct volume.
I would wager that many, if not most, members of this forum share your frustration at the lack of a functional dipstick !

Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Okay so this is really interesting. I was still getting to the ADAS menu from my favorite and it was defaulting to on every time. So I just turned it off. But it looks like the speed warning is a new addition which allows you to choose a selectable speed at which the warning will go off. When you select that speed it only dings one time, or as has been noted, it can be defaulted to off.View attachment 7849380

This speed setting was around since I got my truck. It was set to 20mph and for 2 weeks could not figure out why I was getting that loud noise. Mine is now set to 0mph.
20240105_124826211_iOS.jpg

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got the tow hitch and software update today. Was this function there before? “Deactivate all ADAS functions”IMG_1108.jpeg

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
I got the tow hitch and software update today. Was this function there before? “Deactivate all ADAS functions”
I've yet to receive the update, this is present on my vehicle menu. Deactivating all lights up a bunch of warnings on the telltale indicators though - I wonder if this has been changed?

Back
Top Bottom