The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow Package install - Software Update

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
I spoke with 2 dealers last week (The one I purchased the IG from and the 1 I am having the trailer receiver sent to for Tow Package installed). They both stated that the only place the tow package is being installed and the software update is being done is at the port. Ineos has not sent the software update to the dealers yet. Both dealers believe it will be within 2 weeks. The dealers stated once they have validation of the software update, they will be calling everyone and scheduling the installation of the tow package.

Curious if the software will just be updating for the Tow Package or address some of the other issues.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Curious if the software will just be updating for the Tow Package or address some of the other issues.
It will just be the tow hitch wiring output software update, no other changes.

The hitches are installed at the factory, not at the port (the early deliveries involved removing the hitch at the port, which is what took some time); the software update was done at the port on those vehicles that are arriving at dealers this week/last week/etc

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As of Feb. 13, my dealer said that the software update hasn't been released to them yet.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No tow hitch! It's now getting to be a little annoying isn't it, I mean how long does it take to figure out a software issue? Anyway being patient.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke with 2 dealers last week (The one I purchased the IG from and the 1 I am having the trailer receiver sent to for Tow Package installed). They both stated that the only place the tow package is being installed and the software update is being done is at the port. Ineos has not sent the software update to the dealers yet. Both dealers believe it will be within 2 weeks. The dealers stated once they have validation of the software update, they will be calling everyone and scheduling the installation of the tow package.

thanks for this update

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told it updates the infor system, tow package, and the drive train performance
Just the tow wiring output is actually updated; there is a flash for the headunit as well, but it is simply to go along with the tow module flash

Jacktucky

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just purchased a new Grenadier Fieldmaster without the tow package or auxiliary wiring. I would like to get the tow package and wiring installed in the future when the wiring ./ software issues are resolved, but I can't seem to get a straight answer on whether this is possible out of INEOS customer support or the dealer. Does anyone know if (in the future) dealers will be able to install this after purchase?

ScottnAZ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
I was told no by Ineos, as well as a dealer in California, so I passed on jumping into one that was immediately available.

To be fair, that is today’s news….. I, personally, find it hard to believe there won’t be a workaround some day. We tow too often to wait and hope for the some day.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just purchased a new Grenadier Fieldmaster without the tow package or auxiliary wiring. I would like to get the tow package and wiring installed in the future when the wiring ./ software issues are resolved, but I can't seem to get a straight answer on whether this is possible out of INEOS customer support or the dealer. Does anyone know if (in the future) dealers will be able to install this after purchase?
I'm sure there will be a workaround in the future... Will it be identical to the OEM factory installed solution? Probably not.

From everything that has been said, it appears if you didn't order the hitch from the factory, you don't have the wiring components/trailer module, and these are not able to be retrofitted by a dealer. I'm certain that at some point there will be an aftermarket harness, however, who will make it and when will it be made remains to be seen. I wouldn't expect anything in the first year or so though

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jacktucky, If you just ordered it, see if your dealer can add it to your order now before production,
as this will likely be resolved by the time your vehicle goes into production. If not, you won't have
to pay for it. Go for it!
DaBull

Jacktucky

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be a workaround in the future... Will it be identical to the OEM factory installed solution? Probably not.

From everything that has been said, it appears if you didn't order the hitch from the factory, you don't have the wiring components/trailer module, and these are not able to be retrofitted by a dealer. I'm certain that at some point there will be an aftermarket harness, however, who will make it and when will it be made remains to be seen. I wouldn't expect anything in the first year or so though
Thanks. Yea I agree that there will be a 3rd party option in the future. My main question though is whether they can install the wiring post-production to the rear connectors and from controls through the auxiliary switches. If it wasn't built into the specifications, is that option is out?

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know an update on when dealers will be cleared to install the tow hitch?
Spoke to Curry yesterday, they said there has been no indication of when the software update will be available to the dealers. I was lucky enough to have mine be part of the batch done at the port (No free hitch for this guy)

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It’s been over 3 months now since the first US deliveries. I find it unacceptable at this juncture for Ineos to have not resolved this for the initial customers, especially given recent orders with the tow hitch option are now being delivered fully functional to those customers.

This makes no sense to me that Ineos dealers are not contacting and scheduling the fix by now!
This may not be the Ineos dealers fault, but in my opinion it’s very poor customer service from Ineos to the initial buyers who opted the tow hitch on their order.

Doesn’t make a $93k+ purchase feel good…

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been told by both Ineos and my dealer, mossy, that the dealerships will be able to perform installs and upgrades.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke to Curry yesterday, they said there has been no indication of when the software update will be available to the dealers. I was lucky enough to have mine be part of the batch done at the port (No free hitch for this guy)
I would gladly pay the $800 to have the hitch installed at this point. I do lots of towing, 2-3 times a month during this season and its been a huge detriment not to have the capability to tow. This seems like it could have been handled better.

Anyone know of an owner who went to a shop and had a 3rd party install a hitch and wiring?

mburke019

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s been over 3 months now since the first US deliveries. I find it unacceptable at this juncture for Ineos to have not resolved this for the initial customers, especially given recent orders with the tow hitch option are now being delivered fully functional to those customers.

This makes no sense to me that Ineos dealers are not contacting and scheduling the fix by now!
This may not be the Ineos dealers fault, but in my opinion it’s very poor customer service from Ineos to the initial buyers who opted the tow hitch on their order.

Doesn’t make a $93k+ purchase feel good…
I agree - I love the vehicle, but the radio silence from Ineos is starting to be frustrating. My dealer in Houston told me today that they still do not have an ETA for a fix.

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Email from Ineos dated 11/22/23 stating a fix within a FEW WEEKS NOT MONTHS!

What’s going on Ineos??IMG_1704.png

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree - I love the vehicle, but the radio silence from Ineos is starting to be frustrating. My dealer in Houston told me today that they still do not have an ETA for a fix.
Speaking of which. Have you gotten any of your accessories from them? I can't seem to even get a call back on my fender plates. Never heard a word on my jacket either. I called ineos and they told me just a couple days ago that the dealers have to tell the regional ineos reps. The dealer tells me they have nothing to do with it. Not exactly sure where to rate my current experience with them. I've basically just quit calling and started to look elsewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom