The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tow Package install - Software Update

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
I would confirm with their service department, don't trust the sales folks to know what's going on in the service department (and vice versa).
Yes I talked to the head Ineos service guy with Mossy. And Ashton Mossy. They haven’t received any new word from Ineos. Maybe Monday.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just to add to the long list, spoke with the Regal folks in Atlanta and they had heard nothing either. I wonder if it is a government sign-off issue now since they would not initially allow them to be released with the hitch in place. If it is in need of a government sign-off, then the length of time is not surprising.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Curry in CT seemed to indicate i was getting a call from Service….i had to correct my phone # but no call yet

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
To those awaiting the software update for the tow module.... Give your dealers a call, they may just have some good news for you
An Ineos US employee reached out to me yesterday and told me it had been released...now for the long drive lol

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to add to the long list, spoke with the Regal folks in Atlanta and they had heard nothing either. I wonder if it is a government sign-off issue now since they would not initially allow them to be released with the hitch in place. If it is in need of a government sign-off, then the length of time is not surprising.
Definitely not government sign off, all the dealers were given the update at the end of the week.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
I just scheduled my tow hitch install, windshield seal fix and transfer case shifter assembly replacement for Friday. (Elliott Bay)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got my hitch/software today from Red Noland, so absolute confirmation that this is now available
Was there anything else involved besides bolting on the hitch receiver and updating the software?

Reactions: PBD

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was there anything else involved besides bolting on the hitch receiver and updating the software?
Nope, sounds like it was a quick job- remove cover, install hitch, update software. My best guess is under 60 minutes (and probably even less once they do a bunch)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A
Nope, sounds like it was a quick job- remove cover, install hitch, update software. My best guess is under 60 minutes (and probably even less once they do a bunch)
Noticed any new goodies with the software update? ;););)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sewell said they don't have the go-ahead yet.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Ineos source Apple Car Play issue(s) are addressed. Not sure who your source is.
The CarPlay update should have been addressed a long time ago, only the very early production vehicles needed that update

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Regal yesterday. They stated that ALL dealers are supposed to wait for government approval of the software update. Further stated that Ineos anticipates having the approval by EOM.

So some dealers are installing them and some are stating they cant.

This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Regal yesterday. They stated that ALL dealers are supposed to wait for government approval of the software update. Further stated that Ineos anticipates having the approval by EOM.

So some dealers are installing them and some are stating they cant.

This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!
Same info I got. Since they are awaiting government approval it may be relayed to if they are Blue, Red, or Purple states in how they are responding to this, lol

Back
Top Bottom