The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
If no aftermarket floor mats are still out by the time we get the Grenadier, I may swing by Weathertech (30mins away) and maybe have them scan the vehicle.

(Now that is if there are no ridiculous mark ups)
If you decide to do this then let me know and I'll speak to them about offering some discount or incentive for the forum members.

Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
pre-order completed, who else is getting the red frame

Attachments

• 78934587093458709345790.jpg
    78934587093458709345790.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 19

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm waiting on clarification about the heat reflective privacy glass before finalizing my order. I'd like to know whether the glass just has a window tint applied (which I can just get after-market) or has greater protection baked in than that (something like a Low-E glass). I guess if I went the aftermarket route, I would also need to factor in the labor cost of removing the tire and ladder to treat the rear glass . . . Decisions, decisions.
I plan to order the tinted/privacy glass as I am told (on this forum) that it is ‘baked in’ to a type of heat reflecting glass. Also keep in mind that aftermarket tint film effectively means that you are converting a glass surface to one made of plastic…

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
I plan to order the tinted/privacy glass as I am told (on this forum) that it is ‘baked in’ to a type of heat reflecting glass. Also keep in mind that aftermarket tint film effectively means that you are converting a glass surface to one made of plastic…
Well, don't this just bugger all - I sent this question in to customer service, and received this response:

"Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

I am so excited to hear you are in the process of configuring your Grenadier.

I can confirm the Privacy Glass option will have tinted film over the standard glass.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance."

Now, I'm thinking I might as well wait to do after-market tinting, since I plan to add some to the front side windows as well.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those curious, this was my specific question: "I am in the process of configuring a pre-order and cannot tell from the information provided (i.e., "dark tinted glazing") whether the Heat Reflective Privacy Glass option is just traditional tinted windows via the application of a film or whether the glass has some other type of protection (like Low-E glass) or has a tint baked into the glass. What can you tell me about that?"

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
For those curious, this was my specific question: "I am in the process of configuring a pre-order and cannot tell from the information provided (i.e., "dark tinted glazing") whether the Heat Reflective Privacy Glass option is just traditional tinted windows via the application of a film or whether the glass has some other type of protection (like Low-E glass) or has a tint baked into the glass. What can you tell me about that?"
I was told that the film between the two layers of laminated glass was heat reflective and tinted instead of the usual clear film.
That was over a year ago so they may have changed or may be different for US

Local time
Reaction score
I was told that the film between the two layers of laminated glass was heat reflective and tinted instead of the usual clear film.
That was over a year ago so they may have changed or may be different for US
That would make more sense and explain calling it a glaze vs a film.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The BB with White looks epic and if that setup would mask scratches some, I might have gone that route. But the SW will surely hide the country pinstripes a bit better.
I loved both shale and Britannia but settled on SW for the same reason. Britannia would have looked awful with all the pollen around here in the spring and I'm not one to wash my cars often.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would make more sense and explain calling it a glaze vs a film.
Right?! That's why I was so confused. There have been instances in the past where customer service responses are not accurate (like the Advanced Safety Systems in the 2024 U.S. vehicles). Who knows if this is one of those cases.

Local time
Reaction score
Pre-Ordered
Britannia Blue
Access Ladder
Heated Front Seats (long commute, bad back)
Compass with Altimeter
Checker Plates
Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Trailmaster pre-ordered:
  • Magic Mushroom w/ Black contrast roof
  • 17" Steelies
  • Winch
  • Tow package
  • Safari windows
  • Shorter roof rack
  • Saddle brown leather
  • Window tint
  • Utility trim interior w/ heated seats
  • Saddle leather driver pack
  • Checker plates
  • Spare wheel Lockable storage
Closest dealer to my zip is Danbury, CT. No further details.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pre-order is in, email confirmation received, Magic Mushroom Trialmaster with just about all the available bits…is it too soon to be “Sick of Waiting”?
Never too soon!
Step this way...

This Way Work GIF by Wakelet

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Right?! That's why I was so confused. There have been instances in the past where customer service responses are not accurate (like the Advanced Safety Systems in the 2024 U.S. vehicles). Who knows if this is one of those cases.
A tinted film is actually not reflective, but absorbing. They have to be very careful of how they describe these things, because you can get in a lot of trouble with the federal trade commission on Miss characterizing the mechanism in performance of these things.
I actually think most treatments are blocking, as in absorbing. There are special materials that absorb the invisible infrared wavelengths. Low E glass needs multiple glass surfaces and air/N2 gaps to work optimally.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Trailmaster pre-ordered:
  • Magic Mushroom w/ Black contrast roof
  • 17" Steelies
  • Winch
  • Tow package
  • Safari windows
  • Shorter roof rack
  • Saddle brown leather
  • Window tint
  • Utility trim interior w/ heated seats
  • Saddle leather driver pack
  • Checker plates
  • Spare wheel Lockable storage
Closest dealer to my zip is Danbury, CT. No further details.
Rob
Trialmaster not Trailmaster
There are people on here that will go nuts for that error.

Local time
Reaction score
I just went onto the US configurator and configured one as close as possible to my spec.
I had to start with the base wagon
I couldn't get the roo bar or side bars but everything else was there.
USD$90,550 or AUD$139,371 before taxes and onroad costs.
I paid AUD$121,116 on road for mine with the extras.
However it would now be AUD$133,000 if ordered today
I did the same configuration in Canada and it came to CAD$120,488 or AUD$136,706
Part of that difference in price, it seems, may come from the adding of all the ridiculous driver aids that the Grenadier was supposed to be AGAINST, with the exception of ABS. But...heaven forbid there's a heated steering wheel in the interest of "simplicity" and purpose. :LOL:

1685620968218.png

Back
Top Bottom