The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Service Reset Procedure - Oil Change

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Team - I have asked this same question in a couple of the oil threads and no one has been able to answer the questions so posting a dedicated thread.

I plan on doing all of my own oil changes and routine maintenance so I would like to know the Service Reset procedure WITHOUT the scan tool, etc? I have always found some kind of reset procedure on all of my vehicles and I have to believe there is a way to do it, but it’s not outlined in the manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
Team - I have asked this same question in a couple of the oil threads and no one has been able to answer the questions so posting a dedicated thread.

I plan on doing all of my own oil changes and routine maintenance so I would like to know the Service Reset procedure WITHOUT the scan tool, etc? I have always found some kind of reset procedure on all of my vehicles and I have to believe there is a way to do it, but it’s not outlined in the manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't remember having seen anybody who knows how to do. I am also interested, I knew it for my former car! Not that I really want to do the oil changes myself, but "for in case".

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok so I received an e-mail back from INEOS customer service and they told me that I would need to go to the dealer to have the service reminder reset. I sent them back and e-mail informing that was completely impractical as I am in San Antonio and I would not be driving to either Houston or Dallas for s simple oil change. I did speak to the service manager at Sewell in Dallas yesterday and he agreed these has to be a manual reset process and he said he would follow-up with INEOS to see if he could get the instructions. As soon as I have a response from Sewell I will let everyone know.

I am also planning to buy one of the newer code readers that has the service interval reset including to see if that will work.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
I am also planning to buy one of the newer code readers that has the service interval reset including to see if that will work.
Which one, specifically?

I've personally spoken to Bosch customer support, tech support & backline engineering - they have no anticipated date for supporting Ineos via their 3rd party professional tools. My multiple inquiries with Autel have resulted in the same.

I'd at least call the technical support of whatever you intend to buy and ask them before you waste your money and time.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which one, specifically?

I've personally spoken to Bosch customer support, tech support & backline engineering - they have no anticipated date for supporting Ineos via their 3rd party professional tools. My multiple inquiries with Autel have resulted in the same.

I'd at least call the technical support of whatever you intend to buy and ask them before you waste your money and time.
That's crazy about Bosch. Because it's a Bosch interface that dealers use, at least according to the published hitch instructions.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's crazy about Bosch. Because it's a Bosch interface that dealers use, at least according to the published hitch instructions.
That's why I called them first - BUT - perhaps Ineos said "We'll use you, but you can't put us in your gen pop machine"... If I was trying to protect dealerships, that's what I'd do...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
I suppose until the first warranties are up in four years time and then no one is obliged to use Ineos dealerships for servicing , then there is no rush on Ineos part to approve/allow OBD2 readers for owners or Independant garages.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which one, specifically?

I have a number of code readers, including Autel, Innova, etc, but none of them have the ABS bleeding, service reset or TPMS programming so I was thinking of taking this opportunity to get a new scan tool that will do all of these. I have been looking at the Foxwell N650 (link below). I have never used a tool to reset the service reminder, but I am guessing that it will likely work. Foxwell supports a whole host of vehicles, basically all of them, including BMW, so I am hoping it will work. Worst case - I have a new scan tool that I know I will use for something.

Once we figure out this whole service reset - I am going to need to figure out a way to get the tech software on my own laptop. I have done that for all of my Toyota vehicles (Techstream) and I have access to everything, including key programming, etc. One step at a time with INEOS……

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok guys, I have now received a couple of BS responses from INOES on my VERY simple request and I keep getting a “your dealer will respond” so please see my below response. Maybe I was a little harsh, but 4+ e-mails tellling me the “dealer” will respond is not the answer. For those of us that own the vehicle - this is pathetic. I work on all of my own vehicles and NONE of them go to a dealer unless it is absolutely necessary for a recall or warranty repair that I don’t want to do. All I want is a simple oil rest procedure.

The funny part is that the service manager at Sewell, very nice guy, said he has yet to service a single vehicle so when I asked him about the cost he had no idea nor did he have any idea that the 1st service is supposed to include the diff oil, front and back, as part of the 1st service. I plan to do the center diff at the same time………

Pasted E-Mail below:

I understand that the Dealer will respond to my question to them, but I did not ask them originally, I asked INOES. My question was a VERY simple one that should be, and has been answered, by any car manufacturer I have ever dealt with. I currently have 4 Land Cruisers and have owned over 10 in the past couple of years. If INEOS intends to compete at any level with Toyota they/you need to be able to answer simple questions like the one I have asked, without a dealer, or put it in the manual, or give me the manual, as promised. I am not asking for anything outside of a typical owner request for the target audience of the Grenadier.
I complexly appreciate you are trying to appeal to the dealer network in the US, but I am the owner of your vehicle and if I ask a VERY simple question related to the ordinary and typical maintenance of the vehicle that as outlined in the owners manual, per the warranty disclosures at the time of sale, are allowed to be performed by the owner, then I expect a clear, timely and accurate answer. I don’t want to waste your time or mine, but you have accomplished both. I am a huge fan of the vehicle, but INOES as the manufacturer, not the dealer, needs give the owners a reasonable level of customer service and respect regardless of the dealer network and commitments you have made in the US.
My phone number is below and I welcome a conversation on a VERY simple question that should not have to be answered by a dealer of any kind.

On May 1, 2024, at 5:39 AM, Ineos Customer Service <customerservice@ineosgrenadier.com> wrote:

CASE REFERENCE: 143490

Hi Lange,

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.
When dealerships have questions about our customers' requests, they will contact INEOS directly to get more information.
Once your dealership receives a response, they will reach out to you.
I apologize for not being able to provide more details, but I can assure you that they will contact you as soon as they hear back.
Please do not hesitate to contact if you require further assistance.
Thanks,
Lillie

INEOS Grenadier Customer Service

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
I spoke with Innova earlier today. I asked about the ability of any of their OBDII readers to do the more advanced diagnostics like ABS fault resets or oil change interval resets. The tech couldn't find any reference to an Ineos vehicle. (He was impressed with what he quickly searched out online.) He was a bit surprised that their was any functionality at all.

He informed me that manufacturers don't usually supply them with any diagnostic info until after the end of the model year. Innova has yet to receive the needed 2023 updates from manufacturers so their software is still for 2022 or older vehicles. He said he wouldn't expect to see anything for US 2024 Grenadiers until well into 2025. He did suggest calling the sales department and asking for Ineos to be included in their vehicle list as a possible way to speed up the process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom